JIPMER PG 2020 July session exam Notification has been released. However, the exam had been postponed due to the Covid-19 outbreak. It is conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research. The University organizes JIPMER 2020 entrance exam to get admission to the MS and MD programme. JIPMER University is one of the famous Institution in India, which offer education in the field of medicine. JIPMER PG 2020 Exam is a university level entrance examination which is conducted twice in a year.
This article will help you to know about various parameters associated with JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Like Application Process, Fees, How to Apply, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Participating Institutes and Exam Centres. Students want to apply for the entrance are hereby notified to check this complete article carefully.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to JIPMER PG 2020 Admission Notification.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
|Full Exam Name||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research Post Graduate Entrance Exam|
|Short Exam Name||JIPMER PG|
|Conducting Body||JIPMER Puducherry|
|Frequency of Conduct||2 times a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||Gen/OBC- Rs. 1600 [Online]|
SC/ST- Rs. 1200 [Online]
Foreign National- Rs. 3000 [Online]
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Number of Seats||MD/MS-125 Seats|
It is well known by candidates that PGIMER is conducted twice in a year. It is divided into sessions July Session and January session.
For July Session:
|Events||Dates 2020 (Announced)|
|Registration starts||4th March 2020|
|Registration closes||18th May 2020|
|Admit card availability||5th June 2020|
|Exam date||21st June 2020|
|Result declaration||In the month of July 2020|
|First counselling||Yet to be announced|
|Final counselling||Yet to be announced|
|Closing of admission||Yet to be announced|
For January Session:
|Events||For MD/MS||For DM/ M.Ch/ Fellowship|
|Application form filling starts||18th September 2019||18th September 2019|
|Submission of application form||25th October 2019||25th October 2019|
|Admit card availability||13th November 2019||13th November 2019|
|Last date to download admit card||8th December 2019||8th December 2019|
|Exam date||8th December 2019||8th December 2019|
|Merit List publication||On or before 18th December 2019||On or before 18th December 2019|
|Payment of Admission Fee and Certificate verification||–||24th December 2019|
|First counselling||27th December 2019||–|
|Medical Examination||–||30th December 2019|
|Issue of Admission Letter||31st December 2019||31st December 2019|
|Commencement of Course||1st January 2020||1st January 2020|
|Second counselling||8th January 2020|
|Final counselling||5th February 2020||5th February 2020|
Why choose JIPMER PG 2020?
Before we go in deep, Let us have a look over some of the salient features of JIPMER PG 2020 which will give the answer to the question Why to choose JIPMER PG 2020 Entrance Exam.
- JIPMER PG 2020 popularly known as Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research.
- JIPMER Entrance Exam is a university level entrance examination conducted by the Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research.
- JIPMER Puducherry will conduct the JIPMER PG 2020 entrance exam for admissions to MS and MD programmes.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about JIPMER PG Admission Test 2020. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry Entrance Test 2020.
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on JIPMER PG 2020 Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or Not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions of JIPMER PG 2020 is given below:
- The aspirants must be an Indian citizen or Overseas Citizen of India or Foreign National for MD/ MS Course.
- The aspirants must be an Indian citizen or Overseas Citizen of India for MDS Course.
- Qualifying Exam: Aspirants must have the MBBS/BDS Degree or its equivalent from a recognized University/institution which falls under Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India.
- Experience: Must complete the rotatory internship training on or before 31st December 2019/30th June 2020 for January and July sessions respectively.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: Aspirants should secure a minimum 55% marks (for all other categories including OBC), 50% marks (SC/ST Category).
- Aspirants should also register with the Central/State Medical Registration Council.
- Aspirants who have already done MD/MD/MDS in any subject in any institution are not eligible for admission to MD/MS/MDS courses in JIPMER.
***Before applying for the test, all the candidates must make sure that the eligibility criteria as stated here must be met by them.
For More Details Click Here
One should follow these simple steps to apply for the JIPMER PG 2020 Admission form.
- One has to visit the official website of JIPMER PG 2020 (Click here).
- Click on the apply online or register
- Fill the personal details carefully.
- After Filling the personal detail, one has to select the subject for which He/She is applying.
- Upload the photo and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Save the Application form for future use.
|SC, ST||Online||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 1200|
|General, OBC||Online||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 1600|
|Foreign National||Online||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 3000|
Mode of Payment
- Online Banking
- Net Banking
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- Staff candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee and intimation charges.
- Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
Exam Centers for July session
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
IPMER University Admission 2020 Exam Pattern – The exam pattern specifies about various aspects of the entrance exam like marking scheme, type of questions, time duration, the total number of questions, subjects, sections, etc.
|Subjects for MD/MS||Number of Questions|
|Basic Clinical Sciences & Biostatistics (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology & Biostatistics).||100|
|Clinical Sciences (Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis, Radiation-Oncology, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine).||150|
- Mode of Exam: It is the single-shift online-based exam.
- Duration of Exam: 180 minutes for MD/MS and 90 minutes for MDS course.
- Type of Exam: Multiple Choice Questions.
- Language: English language only.
- Numbers of Questions: 250 questions in the test.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for each correct response.
- Negative marking:1 mark will be deducted for choosing a wrong response.
To Get Detailed Information Click Here
JIPMER PG Entrance exam 2020 is an online (Computer-based) objective written test. The questions related to Basic Clinical Sciences & Biostatistics and Clinical Sciences will be asked and also ask from the subjects, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology etc. The nature of the questions will be objective in nature and for each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded. One Should read given blow syllabus details.
There is given below Important Tips related to JIPMER PG 2020
- Firstly, know all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Practice mock test & previous year question papers.
- Make a proper time-table for your preparations.
- Consider the good preparation of books and study materials.
- Consider the good preparation of books and study materials.
- Stay stress-free & healthy while preparing for exams.
The admit card of JIPMER PG 2020 will be released 5th June 2020 (New). The release of the admit card was previously going to be done from 28th April 2020 to 16th May 2020 but had been delayed due to the outbreak of novel Coronavirus. The hall ticket can be downloaded from the official website.
The Admit Card or commonly known as Call Later can be download from the official website. The admit card is the mandatory document to carry during the Exam hall at the time of written examination. If a candidate fails to show His/Her JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card at the time of the written exam, then he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the test. You can follow these steps to Download Admit Card for JIPMER PG 2020 Entrance examination.
Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry (JIPMER 2020) Result will be declared in the month of June/July 2020. The result will release online on the website. Students can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details are given below.
Aspirants need to follow the below given important Steps for JIPMER 2020
- Go to the official website of JIPMER University Common Entrance Test (JIPMER 2020).
- Click on “JIPMER PG Result” tab/link mentioned on the official website.
- Enter any two details from – Roll number, date of birth and application number.
- Click on Submit button.
- View result and download JIPMER scorecard.
Tie Breakers in JIPMER PG 2020
In case of two or more candidates securing equal Percentile in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined in the following order :
- Negative Marks: The candidate who has less negative mark will be placed higher than that of the other candidate.
- Age: If still the tie exists, the candidate elder by age will be ranked higher.
- High Aggregate marks: The candidate who have high aggregate mark will be placed higher than that of the other candidate.
After the declaration of the result, the counselling will be started through offline mode. It will be conducted in thee rounds. Aspirants have to go through Biometric fingerprint and image verification before appearing for the counselling. Aspirants have to produce their original documents at the time of the counselling process. Candidate’s documents will be verified during counselling. The seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of the merit list.
Merit List would be drawn category wise based on minimum percentile as given below:
|Category||Minimum Cut off Percentile|
Nessecery Documents Required For Counselling
- 10th& 12th Mark Sheets
- 10th& 12th Passing Certificate
- Certificate showing date of birth (Birth certificate/SSLC Mark List)
- Rank Letter
- Internship Completion Certificate
- JIPMER MBBS Admit Card 2020 (Original)
- Conduct certificate of Institute last attended
- Age Proof Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Six Passport Size Photograph
Dr Pankaj Kundra
Website: www.jipmer.edu.in III-Floor, Academic Section,
JIPMER Academic Centre,
Dhanvantri Nagar P.O,
Puducherry 605 006.
Toll-Free Number- 18002677072
Telephone Numbers-0413 – 2298288 (Direct Line)
0413 – 2272380: Extn: 8573
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
List of Top Colleges in India
For any Query related to JIPMER notification, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the exam.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!!!
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply Now