The applicants who qualify the JEE Main 2020 and JEE Advanced 2020 will must register in JoSAA 2020 to participate in Counselling admission process. JoSAA counselling is organised by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is a single platform that manages and regulates the joint seat allocation. This allocation is for the admissions in almost 92 institutes for the candidates who will clear JEE Main 2020 and JEE Advanced 2020.
Admission Notification 2020
- UPES Dehradun Application Form 2020 Closing Soon Apply Now
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application Form Apply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Form Open Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Apply Now
These institutes include 22 IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), 20 IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology), 31 NITs (National Institute of Technology), ISM (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad and 18 other government-funded technical institutes. Let us explore various parameters associated with JoSAA Counselling 2020
Here in this article, we have some important links related to JEE Main 2020 Examination.
Previous Year Paper
|S.No||Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Commencement of registration and choice filling process||June 17, 2020|
|2||Start of choice filling for AAT 2020||Third week of June 2020|
|3||Release of mock seat allotment 1||Third week of June 2020|
|4||Availability of mock seat allotment 2||Third week of June 2020|
|5||Final date to register and fill choices||Fourth week of June 2020|
|6||Round 1 – seat allocation||Final week of June 2020|
|7||Round 2 – seat allocation||First week of July 2020|
|8||Round 3 – seat allocation||First week of July 2020|
|9||Round 4 – seat allocation||Second week of July 2020|
|10||Round 5 – seat allocation||Second week of July 2020|
|11||Round 6 – seat allocation||Third week of July 2020|
|12||Round 7 – seat allocation||Third week of July 2020|
- The candidates must have appeared in the JEE Main 2020 and cleared the examination.
- It is necessary that the candidate has obtained the Rank less than 2,24,000 in the JEE Main 2020 Ranks.
- Seats for the candidates would be allotted based on the Reservation Category.
|Categories||Percentage||Number of Top Candidates||Total|
|Open Category (General)||50.5% + 5% for PwD||1,07,464 + 5,656||1,13,120|
|OBC (Non – Creamy Layer)||27% + 5% for PwD||57,456 + 3,024||60,480|
|SC||15% + 5% for PwD||31,920 + 1680||33,600|
|ST||7.5% + 5% for PwD||15,960 + 840||16,800|
- Earlier, candidates more than the age of 25 years were not allowed to appear for JEE Main 2020 Counseling but until the latest orders, the candidates can register themselves and apply for the admissions provisionally.
- The candidates aspiring for the admission in IITs must have cleared the JEE Advanced 2020.
- Following Qualifying Examinations must be cleared for admissions in respective institutes.
- If you are appearing for JEE Main, then you must be eligible to register for admission in NIT along with other colleges
- In case, you qualified JEE advanced, you shall be eligible to register with all the participating institutes for seat allocation.
|Name of Qualifying Examination||Name of admitting Institutes|
|JEE Advanced 2020||ISM and IITs|
|JEE Main 2020 Paper 1 (B.E. / B.Tech.)||IIITs, NITs and other-GFTIs|
|JEE Main 2020 Paper-2 (B.Arch. / B. Planning)||NITs, IIITs and other-GFTIs|
***However, these qualifications do not secure your admission to any of the institute. You need to fulfil the eligibility criteria of as per the institute guidelines.
What is Choice filling?
As large numbers of institutes are listed under JoSAA, It is highly recommended to fill up your preferences starting with the most preferred Institute. You can choose as many institutes as you want. But it is very important to lock your choices at the time of registration.
In case you don’t lock your preferences, the system will automatically lock your last mentioned preferences. So, it will decrease your chances of securing the seat in the most preferred institutes opted by you. Hence, it is very important to lock your preferences within the time window allocated for the choice filling.
Confirmation of Seat
- After getting shortlisted for a course, you need to submit seat confirmation fee through SBI Net Banking or e-challan.
- Also, you need to get your documents verified at the reporting centre.
- One must have to be present physically before the authority for the purpose of document verification.
Seat acceptance fee
- For all candidates other than SC/ST/SC-PWD/ST-PWD/GEN-PwD/OBC-NCL-PWD = Rs. 35,000 /-
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/SC-PWD/ST-PWD/GEN-PwD/OBC-NCL-PWD = Rs. 15,000 /-
Terms related to JoSAA Counselling 2020
Generally, four rounds of seat allocation are conducted under JoSAA for the various academic programs offered by Institutes under it. But JoSAA 2020 is expected to conduct six rounds of counselling and seat allocation. Let us check few important terms associated with JoSSA counselling 2020.
If you accept the seat offered under the first round of seat allocation and is well-satisfied with the seat allocation then you shall not be considered in the next rounds of seat allocation. You need to give a consent that you do not want to appear for the further rounds of seat allocation.
In case you accept the seat offered in the allocation process and also indicate that you can accept admission for the program of higher preference if offered by any institute, then your application shall be considered for the next rounds of seat allocation. Under these circumstances, if you are able to secure admission in the institutes of higher preference that you will lose your current seat and shall be eligible to secure a seat in the Institute of higher preference. In the case of failure, you shall be retained for the currently accepted seat.
In case you indicate that if the program of higher preference is allotted in the same institute in which you have secured a seat in the previous round of seat allocation and you will surely accept that, then you will be considered in the succeeding rounds of admission under the sliding system of seat allocation.
Dual Reporting under JoSAA
- In case your allotment from NIT or any other college changes to an ISM.IIT, it is mandatory that you should report once again at a centre of IIT.
- In the case of failure, your allocation shall be ignored by the seat allocation system. Similarly, if your allotments change from ISM/IIT to NIT or other colleges, you shall be required to report again.
JOSAA Reporting Center List & Address For IITs 2020
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mandi||Parashar Road, Tehsil Sadar, Near Kataula, Kamand, Himachal Pradesh- 175005,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Patna||Bihta, Patna, Bihar- 801103,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar||Nangal Road, Rupnagar, Punjab- 140001,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), (ISM)-Dhanbad||Dhanbad, Jharkhand- 826004,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi||IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi- 110016,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati||IIT Guwahati, Guwahati, Assam- 781039,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur||IIT Kanpur, Kalyanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh- 208016,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur||IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur, West Bengal- 721302,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras||IIT Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu- 600036,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay||IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra- 400076India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee||IIT Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttarakhand- 247667,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), BHU Varanasi||BHU, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh- 221005,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bhubaneswar||Samantapuri, Bhubaneswar, Odisha- 751013,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar||IIT Gandhinagar, Palaj, Gujarat- 382355,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Hyderabad||Kandi, Sangareddy, Telangana- 502285,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indore||Khandwa Road Simrol, Indore, Madhya Pradesh- 453552,India|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jodhpur||Old Residency road, ratanada, Jodhpur, Rajasthan- 342011,India|
Before the last round of seat allocation, you shall be able to withdraw you seat which is accepted by you during the previous three rounds of seat allocation. For this purpose, you need to report to the allocated reporting centre.
JoSSA Helpline Number
Let’s check the JoSAA Counselling 2020 Helpline numbers and contact details for various Zonal IIT’s.
JoSAA helpline numbers
|Institute||Std code||Helpline Number|
For any query related to IITs and ISM admission, please contact
Organizing Chairman, JEE (Advanced)
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Phone: +91 361 2692795
Fax: +91 361 2582180
For any query related to NITs, IIITs and Other-GFTIs admission, Please Contact
National Institute of Technology Patna
Ashok Rajpath, Patna, Bihar-800 005
Contact No. : +91 612 2678045
Fax No. : +91 612 2678046
The JoSAA authority will declare the final list of participating institutions around June in 2020 on its official website.
Other Engineering Entrance Exam
|Karnataka CET||JEE ADVANCED||SUAT Sharda||Symbiosis SET|
|IPU CET||CUSAT CAT||JEE MAIN||LPU NEST|
|MU OET||KEAM||MH CET||COMEDK|
Frequently Asked Questions:
A. 2 Time in a Year(January & April)
A. No Attempt Limit
A. No age limit
A. For April- 07 April 2020(Started)
A. Boys: Rs. 650, Girls: Rs. 325/-
A. Exam Pattern: Click Here
A. Approx 75 to 103 /360
A. Min. 270+ Marks(Approx)
A. Online but drawing paper held in offline mode
A. January Session-31 January 2020
April Session:-Paper-1: By 30th April 2020
Paper-2: By 15th May 2020
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻😊😊 Never let yourself down☹️…
👉🏻 Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻 Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
Don’t worry, we are always with you for any admission related queries you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser. If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by email for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
UPES Dehradun 2020 Application Closing Soon Apply Now