The “Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana” is a scholarship programme which was started in the year 1999 by the Department of science and technology (Govt. of India). The main aim of the program is to bring out and motivate students to pursue a career in research. Generous fellowship and contingency grant are provided to the selected KVPY Fellows up to the pre PhD level or 5 years whichever is earlier. In addition, summer camps for the KVPY Fellows are organized in prestigious research and educational institutions in the country.
The Department of Science and Technology, the nodal agency of the Government of India has entrusted the whole responsibility for organizing and running the KVPY to the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and set up a Management Committee and a National Advisory Committee (NAC) for overseeing its implementation. A core committee looks after both the day-to-day and academic aspects of the KVPY Program.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
Why choose KVPY?
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of KVPY 2018 which will try to give you the answer to the question Why to choose KVPY scholarship programme.
- Single window exam for school going students to get in admission in Indian Institute of Science, Banglore.
- The Candidate who qualifies KVPY Exam is eligible for the fellowship. The students receive a fellowship from 1st year onwards of their graduation. The KVPY fellows receive Rs. 5000 monthly fellowship from 1st to 3rd year of courses (B.Sc/ B.Stat/ B.S./ B.Maths/ Integrated M.S./M.Sc) and an annual contingency of Rs.20,000. After three years the fellowship is enhanced to Rs.7,000 per month during M.Sc/4th & 5th year of Integrated M.S./M.Sc and an annual contingency grant of Rs. 28,000.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about KVPY-2018. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana.
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on KVPY 2018 Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or Not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Exam. The eligibility conditions os given below:
- Candidate applying for KVPY must be citizens of India.
- A candidate enrolled in XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2018-19 and have secured a minimum 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in X Standard Board Examination. The fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join an undergraduate course in Basic Science (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.) in the academic year 2020-21 after having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks aggregate in Science subjects in the XII standard/(+2) Board Examination. During the interim period of one year, they will be invited for the National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp and their travel expenses and local hospitality will be provied by KVPY
***Before applying for the test, all the candidates must make sure that the eligibility criteria as stated here must be met by them.
The exam pattern all details are given below:
Mode of Examination: The exam will be conducted online (computer-based test) mode.
Language: The exam will be conducted in both (English & Hindi) Language.
Duration of exam: The duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
Type of Questions: The paper will be objective type.
No. of sections: The question paper will come in two sections: PART I & PART II.
Marks: The paper will be of total 100 marks.
Marking Scheme: In PART I, one mark will be given to the candidates for a correct answer. In PART II, two marks will be given for each correct answer.
Negative Marking: In PART I, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer. In PART II, 0.5 marks will be deducted.
KVPY Syllabus 2018
The syllabus of KVPY 2018 is consist of the PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology) Subjects. KVPY 2018 Syllabus is comprised of the topics & chapters of the Class 10th/11th/12th/1st year of (B.Sc/BS/B.Stat/B.Math/MS/Int. M.Sc.) There is no prescribed syllabus for this exam, but you can score good marks by reading books from 8th to 10th standard.
Some preparation tips for the examination:
- It is very important to know all about the complete syllabus & exam pattern.
- Manage the time in such a way to spend effective attention to each subject.
- Solve previous year question papers, practice mock test and sample papers.
- Maintain your health & stay fit & healthy.
- Choose good books & study material.
- In the last movement, revision is the good exercise to memorise.
|Mathematics||Maths For Class XI||R. D. Sharma; Publisher: Dhanpat|
(NCERT Books are also very important)
|David Halliday, Robert Resnick, Jearl Walker; Publisher: Wiley
(NCERT Books are also very important)
|Biology||Elementary Biology (Volume – 1)||K.N. Bhatia, M.P. Tyagi; Publisher: Trueman|
NOTE: NCERT books are very important for scoring good marks in this exam.
How to Apply?
There is only “ONLINE” mode of Application for KVPY-2018.
There are three steps to complete your application successfully.
Step 1. Registration
Step 2. Filling personal and academic details, choosing test centres and uploading photo, signature and other certificates as enlisted in a notification.
Step 3. Payment of application fees. Please note that you must pay the fee only at KVPY application portal. This can be done by using a Credit Card, ATM-Debit Card or Net Banking. No other means of payment will be entertained. Once the payment is successful and application is submitted, there will be no refund of application will be done.
The application fees for KVPY-2018 are as follows: For General/OBC Category: Rs. 1000, For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 500 ( excluding Bank Charges)
KVPY Aptitude Test 2018 will be held online in the following cities across India
|East: Patna (Bihar), Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi (Jharkhand), Bhubaneshwar, Rourkela (Orissa), Naharlagun (Arunachal Pradesh), Guwahati, Tezpur (Assam), Shillong (Meghalaya), Agartala (Tripura), Asansol, Burdwan, Durgapur, Kolkata, Siliguri (West Bengal)|
|North: Chandigarh (Chandigarh), Delhi (Delhi-NCR), Ambala, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Karnal, Kurukshetra (Haryana), Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir), Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala (Punjab), Ajmer, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Sikar (Rajasthan), Agra, Allahabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Dehradun (Uttarakhand)|
|South: Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Belagavi, Bengaluru, Bidar, Chikkamangaluru, Davanagere, Dharwad, Haliyal, Hassan, Hubballi, Kalburagi, Mandya, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Shivamogga, Udupi (Karnataka), Hyderabad (Telangana), Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki, Kannur, Kasaragod, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Pathanamthitta, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur (Kerala), Puducherry (Puducherry), Chennai, Coimbatore, Kanchipuram, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem (Tamil Nadu)|
|West: Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Anand, Rajkot, Vadodara (Gujarat), Amaravati, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Thane (Maharashtra), Bilaspur, Raipur (Chhattisgarh), Bhopal, Indore (Madhya Pradesh)|
KVPY Admit Card
The admit card will be issued by exam conducting authority only through online mode. It will be released in the second week of October 2018 from the official website. There is no other mode to get the KVPY Hall Ticket through offline mode. Candidates can get it by entering their details (user ID & password). It is mandatory for each candidate to bring admit card along while appearing for the examination. Candidates should have the print copy of admit card till the admission procedure is not over.
Check all the details printed on the admit card carefully. If any discrepancy found, contact to the officials immediately. Candidates will not be permitted to enter in the examination hall without the admit card. Candidates should read all the instruction carefully given in it before entering in the exam center
You can check the KVPY result by logging in using your KVPY Login ID and Password for KVPY 2018. The KVPY result will be separately available for SA stream and SB/SX candidates as the paper also would be held in two sessions. The results will be announced only for those candidates who manage to qualify the examination. You can check your results on the below-mentioned link by following these steps:
Candidates can check their qualifying status for Aptitude test of KVPY as well as final KVPY 2017 result as mentioned below –
- Visit KVPY official website: http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/results.htm
- You need to select your stream-SA/SX/SB for which you have appeared.
- Provide your KVPY Login ID and Password for KVPY 2018.
- Your section-wise scores, overall score with the cut-off marks will be displayed on the screen.
- You can download your result and it is advised to get a copy of the result for future references.
Aptitude Test: After scrutiny of application forms and meeting the eligibility criteria for various streams, all eligible students will be called for aptitude test conducted both in Hindi and English at different centres across the country on Sunday, the 4th November 2018.
Interview: Based on the performance in the aptitude test, short-listed students will be asked to appear for an interview which will be the final selection procedure.
KVPY Important Dates 2018
|The opening of online application portal||11th July 2018 at 5.00 PM|
|The date for closing of online application||31st August 2018 at 5 PM|
|Download Admit card||Second week of October|
|Exam Date||4th November 2018|
IF YOU REQUIRE ANY INFORMATION RELATED TO Application Form,
Phone No: 080 – 22932975/76, 080- 23601008 & 080 – 22933536
Email Id: [email protected]
THE PHONE NUMBERS ARE AVAILABLE BETWEEN 10:00 AM AND 05:00 PM.
Note: Saturday and Sunday are Holidays.