Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR College Delhi) was established in the year 1956 by late Sir Shri Ram in memory of his wife. The Lady Shri Ram College is widely considered as one of the finest institutions for Social Sciences, Humanities and Commerce, while also offering a B.Sc. Programme in Statistics.
The LSR College Delhi is located on a beautiful 15-acre campus in South Delhi and has approximately 2000 students, over 150 faculty, administrative and support staff and 16 courses of study.
Lady Shri Ram College Delhi
Before we talk about Lady Shri Ram College(University of Delhi) complete college summary, let us have to look at the major information of Lady Shri Ram College.
|Name of Institute||Lady Shri Ram College (University of Delhi)|
|Popular Name||LSRC Delhi, LSR College Delhi|
|Year of Establishment||1956|
|Affiliated with||Delhi University|
|Approved by||UGC, NAAC|
|Category||Colleges Affiliated to Delhi University|
Through this article, you can get complete information about the Lady Shri Ram College (University of Delhi) like Admission, Courses offered, Fees structure, Facilities, Cutoff, Placement details, Ranking, Faculty and Staff and others details.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement
- Affiliated With: University of Delhi (DU)
- Accredited by: NAAC
- Environment: No Ragging
- Own Campus Bank
- Café Computer & Statistics Lab
- Counselling Cell
- Medical Room
- On-Campus Housing
- Sports Facilities
- Cultural and tech fest
- LCD Projector
Lady Shri Ram College (LST College Delhi) offers some of the quality programs under the supervision of highly qualified Faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The LSR College Delhi is famous for its undergraduate programs in Arts.
|B.Com (Hons)||3 years|
|Economics (Hons)||3 years|
|English (Hons)||3 years|
|Hindi (Hons)||3 years|
|History (Hons)||3 years|
|Mathematics (Hons)||3 years|
|Statistics (Hons)||3 years|
|Philosophy (Hons)||3 years|
|Psychology (Hons)||3 years|
|Pol. Science (Hons)||3 years|
|Sanskrit (Hons)||3 years|
|Sociology (Hons)||3 years|
|B.A. (Programme)||3 years|
|B.A. (Programme) with Psy.||3 years|
|B.A. (Programme) with Pomp.||3 years|
|Journalism (Hons).||3 years|
|B.El.Ed (Hons)||4 years|
|Economics (Hons.)||2 years|
|English (Hons.)||2 years|
|Hindi (Hons.)||2 years|
|History (Hons.)||2 years|
|Mathematics (Hons.)||2 years|
|Statistics (Hons.)||2 years|
|Philosophy (Hons.)||2 years|
|Psychology (Hons.)||2 years|
|Pol. Science (Hons.)||2 years|
|Sanskrit (Hons.)||2 years|
Diploma Courses and others
|One-year Diploma programme in Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding (CTPB)||1 year|
|Environmental Studies (EVS)||NA|
Faculty & Staff
The college offers admission with an intake of 1000+ numbers of students per year. The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology.
It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students.
Admission to various courses offered by the college is made through the University of Delhi selection procedure. The University has announced admissions to various undergraduate courses (merit-based) for all colleges for the academic session 2019-20.
|Course Name||Online Registration|
|UG Programs (Merit and Entrance Based)||May 30, 2019 (8:00 PM)|
|PG Programs||June 3, 2019|
|PG Diploma in Cyber Security & Law||June 3, 2019|
|MPhil and PhD.||June 3, 2019|
UG Cutoff Dates
|First Cutoff List||June 28, 2019|
|Documents Verification||June 28 – July 1, 2019|
|Second Cutoff List||July 4, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 4 – July 6, 2019|
|Third Cutoff List||July 9, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 9 – July 11, 2019|
|Fourth Cutoff List||July 15, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 15 – July 17, 2019|
|Fifth Cutoff List||July 20, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 20 – July 23, 2019|
For PG Admissions
|Registration window||June 3, 2019|
|Last Date of Registration||To be announced|
|Date of PG Exam||2nd week of July 2019|
|Answer Key Release||2nd week of July 2019|
|Result Declaration||1st week of August 2019|
|Commencement of Interview||Last week of August 2019|
The students shall be required to submit the following self-attested documents along with the application form in original:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marks Sheet
- Class XII Marks Sheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate / Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC / ST Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority.
- Transfer Certificate from school /college as well as Migration Certificate from Board/University is required from those students who have passed the senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Three passport size self-attested photographs.
- Top 10 Colleges of Delhi University | Edufever Ranking 2019
- Top Delhi University South Campus Colleges | Edufever Ranking 2019
- Top 10 Colleges in North Campus | Edufever Ranking 2019.
- Minimum required eligibility to take admission in the undergraduate courses is at least 50% aggregate in Senior School Certification Examination.
- Students belonging to the reserved category will be given 5% concession in the minimum required marks (OBC/SC/ST candidates, widows, children of armed personnel and students with disabilities).
The fees structure of Lady Shri Ram College (LSR College Delhi) for different categories is mentioned below.
Undergraduate Courses Fees
|Programme||General Fee||PwD||Foreign Student|
|Pol. Science (Hons)||16,390/-||1,550/-||22,890/-|
|B.A. (Programme) with Psy.||17,890/-||1,550/-||24,390/-|
|B.A. (Programme) with Pomp.||21,290/-||1,550/-||27,790/-|
Postgraduate Courses Fees
|Course||DU Graduate||PwD||Non-DU Graduate|
|Pol. Science (Hons.)||17,876/-||1,550/-||17,976/-|
The Lady Shri Ram College Delhi offers many scholarships schemes that are for 12th pass students and can be availed for any course. These scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College offers a scholarship for the following categories.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections are eligible for fee concession.
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- There is a Book Bank facility in the library from where needy students can borrow textbooks for the whole academic year.
- Some special scholarships are also provided by the Delhi University for students belonging to SC/ ST/ BPL/ PWD categories.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
- University Merit Scholarships.
- Scholarships for the wards of Ex-servicemen.
- Scholarships for the wards of Riot Affected.
Important Note: As per Director of Public Instructions, the amount of scholarship to students will be transferred directly to the Aadhar Card linked bank account of the beneficiaries.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the eScholarship.co.in website.
LSRC Delhi Placement
The Placement Cell of Lady Shri Ram College is a full-fledged training & placement cell which periodically liaises and interacts with the corporate world in order to explore the possibility of training and job Placement of students. Apart from bringing a varied list of Recruiters to the campus, the Placement Cell also organises talks, study abroad seminars, internship opportunities and workshops for the collective student body. Training and Placement Cell of the College provides the following facilities at the college premises.
- Conducting Mock personal interviews and group discussions to make students aware of the selection procedures
- Summer Industrial Training, Internship and final placement of students.
- Conducting Industrial Visits & Industry Oriented Training Programmes.
- Invite Professional Guest Speakers to impart necessary inputs for the above-mentioned activities.
- Bank OF America
- Tower Watson
The LSR Delhi Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
Lady Shri Ram College Delhi Cutoff
Ranking & Reputation
The LSR College Delhi has turned out to be one of the Best Arts Colleges in India. The Infrastructure is Excellent, Faculties are Highly trained, Corporate Training and Internships programs are very good so does the Labs and Library.
|Name Of Institute||Lady Shri Ram College Delhi (LSR College Delhi)|
We would like to give this college 4.5 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best Colleges under Delhi University.
- The college has been Accredited ‘A+” Grade by NAAC.
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women ranked 7th in NIRF Best Colleges in India Ranking 2017 with Cumulative Marks Score of 58.28.
- NIRF Ranking 2018 Top 100 Colleges in India: 8 (Cumulative Marks Score: 63.53)
- The LSR College has been ranked 1 in Arts and Education, 2 in Commerce and 3 in Mass Communication in a survey conducted by India Today.
Read Also: 75+ Career and Courses After Class 12th Arts
Read Also: 10 tips to choose the best career option
Lady Shri Ram College Delhi
(University of Delhi)
- Hindu College
- Kirori Mal College
- Acharya Narendra Dev College
- Lady Shri Ram College
- Sri Aurobindo College Morning Delhi
- Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College, Delhi
- Shivaji College Delhi
For further admission related queries, Comment on the Box below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of luck..!!!