Manipal or UPES, Dehradun University: Every year, many students in India complete their higher secondary (10 + 2) and then apply for graduate or diploma courses. For some of these courses, the National Examination Authority / State Examination Authority conducts entrance exams; in some courses, direct or merit-based admission is available.
Usually, many students are not aware of the entrance exam in India or the top university which conducts its entrance exam. Due to the lack of career guidance and proper research, many students are denied quality education. Many universities in India provide quality education; some are the top private universities like Manipal university or UPES, Dehradun.
There are many colleges and universities in India, and all claim that we provide the best quality education. In this round, students face a dilemma in choosing a college from a wide range of available colleges. There are many reasons for this, such as students being unable to evaluate the colleges in which quality education is given.
In this article, I will compare Manipal or UPES University’s quality education, campus, faculty staff, location, etc. By reading this article, candidates will automatically guess which university faculty, education, location and other things are the best of both universities are best in their place.
A college’s reputation and brand value are built on its quality education and management. It is not a good thing to trust a college’s brand value and high rank simply because of its “high rank” or “prestigious” History, but it does not mean that it is the right college/university for you. Always remember that one person’s dream college may be another’s nightmare. Furthermore, simply looking at the website or relying on college advertising is a mistake because they idealize college life, and students have unrealistic expectations of the campus. It is always better to go to college and experience.
All students have heard that many universities offer scholarships based on good marks taken by students. Scoring high in the Manipal entrance exam or UPESEAT Entrance exam will help you choose the best courses offered by Manipal and UPES, Dehradun. Top Rankers can avail of various scholarships from meritorious students from Manipal University and UPES University.
1. Manipal or UPES University
2. Infrastructure & Facilities
3. Culture & Ambience of the college
4. Faculties & Staff
6. Frequently Asked Questions
Manipal or UPES University
Let us walk on different parameters related to both universities. Both of which define the university’s quality management review.
Manipal or UPES University Brand value
The term college brand sounds good, but the history of the college, its affiliation, academic excellence, particular course status, stream and fees are important factors in making it. The college brand helps students choose the best college. The quality of a college education distinguishes a good college from many colleges. Here is an overview of the brand value of these colleges, which can help you choose the best college among UPES or Manipal University.
Why Choose Manipal University
- Ranked 43rd among the Top engineering universities in India in NIRF Ranking 2019.
- Ranked 5th among the Private Engineering Colleges in India Source: Outlook 2016
- Ranked 1st among Research Publications by private universities in India by SClmago
- 15 ongoing industry-sponsored research projects
- 20 research collaborations and 14 student exchange program partnerships.
- Course curriculum designed around experiential learning methodology to create industry-ready technology professionals
- The campus is equipped with the best technology labs and teaching infrastructure. A research grant of 372 million INR has been allocated now.
- 35 +patents filed since 2009. The MIT Innovation Center is one of its kind, promoting research and industry-driven project
- Ranked 97 among BRICS universities. Students from 57 different nations are studying in Manipal.
- Ranked AAA+ rating among top private deemed universities in India by Education giant career 360, May 2013
- These are the very few reasons why to Choose Manipal. To know more, Read at Manipal University.
Why choose UPES, Dehradun University
- UPES has been ranked 145th in the NIRF ranking 2019 in the list of top engineering colleges in India.
- The UPES Dehradun is recognised by University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956.
- It is a B Grade accredited Institution by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- UPES is recognised as a “Research Institution” by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), a part of the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- An ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 Certified institution.
- The Bar Council of India accredits UPES Dehradun Law Programs.
- IACBE has accredited departments of Oil & Gas and LSCM of CoMES.
- The UPES Dehradun has been granted membership in the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies is a member of the International Association of Universities (IAU).
Infrastructure & Facilities
When we talk about the infrastructure and facilities between these two universities, the infrastructure and facilities of both universities are very good.
Manipal University is a multinational educational institution known for its campus and modern infrastructure. Manipal is a family of over 28,000 students and 2500+ faculties throughout the campus. The infrastructure of Manipal is a major reason students like this university more than many good colleges.
The infrastructure of UPES Dehradun University can compete with any other top university. UPES, Dehradun, provides all modern facilities that help students to get a quality education. The campus has a library, general reading room, laboratory and student cafe. If the students are taking hostels, this university has well-maintained hostel rooms. It has 24/7 medical facilities, state-of-the-art labs, high-tech classrooms and secure premises. UPES also has a vast network of 9000 computers that helped the university develop its coding culture.
Culture & Ambience of the college
The culture and environment of any college/university strongly impact everyone’s career, and it matters how industry-ready and employable you are at the end of your studies. You need a large industry connection and a good reputation, which they wanted. The campus life of both UPES and Manipal is excellent compared to other universities in India. Both universities organize various student learning activities around the year.
Both universities host a list of students and faculty programs to encourage students to research and innovate. As a result of culture and environment, students of both universities have successfully made their mark on national and international stages with their research and innovative projects.
Faculties & Staff
Before deciding on any college, students or their parents should know about the faculty and staff of that college. We should pay extra attention to the college/university whose faculty members are still actively engaged with employers in a given field, as it can open doors to internships, research opportunities, jobs, and more.
Both universities hire their faculty and staff by looking at their quality knowledge. Colleges continuously upgrade the knowledge and skills of faculty members by using various faculty development programs from time to time. International cooperation and various induction programs help faculties build a strong worldwide education network. Well, looking at the number of research/patent and faculties engagement programs, Manipal University stands far ahead of UPES, Dehradun.
Campus placement is as important as the education, faculty, and management of that college/university. Getting on-campus placements is one of the most important aspects a college expects. We all like to prioritise private over government institutions because it guarantees a good future. Everyone looks for campus placement records as one of the important criteria in college selection.
In this regard, Manipal has little advantage over UPES, Dehradun. Manipal University has a similar placement percentage on UPES. But if we ignore the minute details and the highest salary offered, the placements of the two universities are the same.
Top recruiter company at Manipal University
- Fl Smith
- Tata Comm
- Tech Mahindra
- Capgemini etc.
Top Recruiter company at UPES, Dehradun
- Persistent etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which field is best for science students with Biology (PCB)?
What are some of the best career options for a Science student?
Check out our list of the top 7 highest-paying science careers for inspiration to guide your science career journey.
2. Atmospheric Scientists
3. Biochemists and biophysicists
4. Medical Scientists
6. Materials Scientist
8. Nuclear Technicians
Is Manipal good for placements?
The institute has a well-organised placement team. The placement activity for UG (BTech) and PG (MCA) batches usually starts in August. Top recruiters like Amazon, Fl Smith, Microsoft, and Tata Comm visit Manipal for placements.
Is UPES good for placements?
UPES offers decent annual placements for courses like BTech, MBA, MCA, etc. The companies like Infosys, Xebiam, Nestle, Panasonic, Novartis, and IBM visit UPES for placements.