Management Aptitude Test (MAT 2019) is an MBA entrance test conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA). In the year of 2003 Ministry of HRD, Government of India approved this test as a national level management test in India. Over 600 B-Schools across India accepts the scorecard of MAT MBA Entrance Exam.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
- 1 Management Aptitude Test
- 2 Why choose MAT?
- 3 MAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- 4 MAT 2019 Syllabus
- 5 Application Process
- 6 MAT 2019 Admit Card
- 7 How to download the Admit Card
- 8 Answer Key
- 9 MAT 2019 Schedule
- 10 Important Links
- 11 Contact Address
Management Aptitude Test
In this article, we are going to share all the essential details of Management Aptitude Test (MAT 2018) like Entrance Date, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card/Hall Ticket, Result Counselling Details, Last Year/Old Papers etc.
Why choose MAT?
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of the Exam which will give the answer to the question Why to choose Management Aptitude Test 2019.
Let’s take a look at the advantages of applying for MAT.
Wide Range of B-Schools: MAT is India’s Largest Management aptitude test, more than 600 management institution accepts the scorecard of MAT.
Lower Difficulty Level as compared to CAT, XAT, SNAP etc.: When you consider the trend of exam pattern for few years you will find that MAT is quite easy as compared to CAT, XAT, SNAP etc.
More attempts per year: Yes, Its a big advantage MAT conducts three times a year.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about MAT Test 2019. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of Management Aptitude Test 2019
- Admission Seeker must have graduation degree from UGC recognised Institution.
- Students studying in the final year of graduation may apply.
Age There is no age limit for MAT 2019.
MAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The MAT has five sections, each section having forty questions. The total 200 questions are to be attempted over 150 minutes. The test structure is given below:
|Section||No of Questions||Duration in Minutes|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
- No. of Question: Total 200 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Exam Mode: Exam will be conducted through online and Offline Mode.
- Marking Scheme: 1 Mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1/4 marks will be deducted for each wrong answers.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions.
MAT 2019 Syllabus
|S. No||Mathematical Skills|
|4||Time & Work|
|7.||Profit & loss|
|9.||Allegation & Mixture|
|10.||Time Speed & Distance|
|11.||Height & Distance|
|S. No||Language Comprehension|
|4||Sentence Correction & Grammar|
|5.||Fill in the blanks|
|S. No||Data Analysis & Sufficiency|
|S. No||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning|
How to apply?
- Admission Seeker can avail the MAT 2019 Application Form via online mode only.
Candidate must visit the Official website.
- Fill all the necessary details like Personal information, contact, domicile, qualification etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression in the prescribed format.
- Make the fee payment using online and offline mode.
- After the fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
|For Paper-Based Test (PBT)||1550/-|
|For Computer-Based Test (CBT)||1550/-|
|For Both PBT & CBT||2650/-|
The candidate can submit MAT 2019 application fee through Online mode. Aspirants may choose from the following mode of payment of MAT application fee 2019:
- Credit or Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Candidate can opt for both the tests i.e. PBT and CBT by paying an extra fee of rupees symbol 1100/- in addition to rupees symbol 1550/-.
- Candidates opting for both PBT and CBT will have the benefit of selecting additional 2 Management Institutions for sending their scores in addition to the existing option of selecting 5 Management Institutions i.e. they can select 7 Management Institutions in total.
- Online Payment: By registering online via Credit Card/Debit Card (ATM Card) payment. The detailed procedure is given on the official website.
MAT 2019 Admit Card
All provisionally registered candidates for PBT and/or CBT have to download their Admit Card from the official website. MAT 2019 February admit cards will be released on 9 February 2019 (PBT) and 19 February 2019 (CBT). Admission Seeker can download their respective cards from AIMA website by entering a name, DOB and application form number.
Specific admit cards will be generated for MAT aspirants who opted for the paper-based test and for the computer-based test. It contains the candidate’s name, forms no, roll no, test date, test time and test venue address. In the case of the computer-based test, candidates have to strictly follow the date and time allotted.
How to download the Admit Card
- The aspirant can download the admit card from AIMA Official Website on February 2019.
- After clicking on the link student will have to submit his/her MAT 2019 registration number and date of birth to login.
- The admit card of MAT 2019 will be displayed on the screen.
- After checking for any discrepancies, the candidates can download the admit card of MAT 2019.
The important answer key of MAT 2019 will be released within a week of examination. MAT Answer Key will be published via online mode through the website. The aspirant may have an opportunity for an online challenge against the answer key. All of the right answers to the questions asked in the offline entrance examination of MAT 2019 will be present in the answer key.
Here is the list of test cities where MAT is conducted:
|Paper Based Test (Test City)||Computer Based Test (Test City)|
MAT Exam 2018 Result
Candidates can check MAT Exam 2019 results, after the test has been conducted, in the form of overall and sectional scores. Candidates have to download the MAT Score from AIMA website https://www.aima.in. On the basis of the MAT results, students will be shortlisted for the selection procedure.
MAT Cutoff 2019
Cutoff will declare after the result, The participating institutes of MAT shortlist the test takers based on their cutoff marks for the selection procedure. The MAT 2019 cutoff can be either in the form of percentile or score. The cutoff score ranges from 250 to 700 varying from B-School to B-School.
MAT 2019 Important Dates (February)
|Schedule (Phase II)||Dates (PBT)||Dates (CBT)|
|Application form release||16 December 2018||16 December 2018|
|Last date for filling the application||8 February 2019||12 February 2019|
|Last date to submit the application fee||Not Disclosed||Not Disclosed|
|Correction Window Open||Not Disclosed||Not Disclosed|
|Release of admit card||9 February 2019||19 February 2019|
|Exam date||17 February 2019||23 February 2019|
|Result announcement||28 February 2019||28 February 2019|
MAT 2019 Schedule
MAT 2019 Exam Schedule: May, September, December 2019
|MAT 2019 Exams||MAT 2019 Registration start Date||Phase-1 Paper-based MAT 2019 Exam Date||Phase-2 paper Based MAT & Computer-based MAT 2019 Exam Date|
|MAT 2019 May||March 1st week||SundayMay 5, 2019||Saturday, May 18|
|MAT 2019 September||July 1st week||Sunday, September 8, 2019||Saturday, September 14, 2019|
|MAT 2019 December||October 1st week||Sunday, December 8, 2019||Saturday, December 14, 2019|
Aspirant may also check the important links related to the MAT 2019
|MAT Admit Card 2019||Click Here|
|MAT 2019 Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|MAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria ||Click Here|
|MAT 2019 Syllabus||Click Here|
|MAT 2019 Counselling||Click Here|
|MAT 2019 Sample Paper||Click Here|
|MAT 2019 Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|MAT 2019 Books||Click Here|
|MAT 2019 Cutoff||Click Here|
|MAT 2019 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|MAT 2019 Test Series||Click Here|
|Head Office||All India Management Association |
14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003, India