MHT CET 2020: Maharashtra Common Entrance Test popularly known as MHT-CET (MHT CET) is one of the most popular state level Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by Maharashtra State Common Entrance Cell, Mumbai in the month of April. The Entrance Exam is Conducted every year in various cities across the state. Successful aspirants of MHT CET are then eligible to apply for admission to First Year of Full-Time Degree Courses of Technical Education (Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy and D.Pharm) in Maharashtra State. This article will help you to know about the latest MHT CET 2020 notification and every bit of Information related to MHT CET 2020.
Every year Lakhs of aspirants appears for Maharashtra CET Exam to get admission in various Undergraduate professional Courses offered by different Private and Government Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra state. MH CET Application Form is available from 7th Jan 2020 (Tuesday) to 29th Feb 2020 (11:59 pm) (Saturday). This year MH CET 2020 Examination is scheduled to happen on 13th to 17th April 2020. Before we talk further about MHT CET 2020 notification, let us check the prime reason why you should opt for Maharashtra CET.
Download E-books for all Subjects Free: Click Here
|MHT CET 2020||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
Why choose MHT CET?
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of MHT CET 2020 which will try to give you the answer to the question Why to choose Maharashtra CET.
- MH CET scorecard is the mandatory requirement for the admission in Top Ranked Engineering Institutions in Maharastra like Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli, Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune etc.
- A candidate who wishes to take admission in various state and privately funded Engineering other Professional Courses in Maharastra have to clear MHT CET 2020.
- The fees structure for MH CET governed colleges is cheapest as compared to other states of India.
So if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about MHT CET 2020. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility and Exam Pattern of MHT CET 2020.
|Name of Examination||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test 2020|
|Conducted by||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra|
|Exam Date||13th to 17th April 2020|
|Examination date||State Level|
|Category||Under Graduate and Post Graduate|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (OMR Based Test)|
|Duration of Examination||03:00 Hours (180 minutes)|
|Total Number of Questions||125 Questions|
|Languages for the Examination||English|
Candidates applying for the Maharashtra CET Exam needs to check these important dates related to MH CET 2020. Check out these important Dates for MH CET.
|1||Application form release||7th Jan 2020 (Tuesday)|
|2||Last date for submitting the application form||29th Feb 2020 (11:59 pm) (Saturday)|
|3||Registration Period with the additional late fee of Rs. 500||1st Mar 2020 (Sunday)-7th Mar 2020 (11:59 pm) (Saturday)|
|4||Admit card release||5th Apr 2020 (Sunday)-23rd Apr 2020 (Thursday)|
|5||Exam date||13th to 17th April 2020 and 20th to 23rd April 2020|
|6||Declaration of Results||1st week of June 2020|
|7||Starting of Counselling||First week of June to the third week of June 2020|
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on MHT CET Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or Not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions of MHT CET 2020 is given below:
The applicant applying for MHT CET 2020 has to be of Indian nationality.
A candidate applying for MH CET 2020 needs to be 17 years of age till December 31 of the year of admission.
A Candidate Should be a permanent resident of Maharashtra or his/her parents should have been residing in Maharashtra for the past 10 years. A Domicile Certificate is needed to be submitted while applying for MHT CET 2020.
***Candidate from outside may also apply but the first preference will be given to local Candidate.
A candidate applying for Various Engineering, or other Professional Courses offered by MH CET 2020 Participating Institutes must fulfil the following Education Criteria.
- Applicants must be a class XII or equivalent examination passed or appearing in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) with at least 50% aggregate marks from any recognised board/university.
- For all other categories (SC, ST and OBC), the education criteria are 45% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).
The Maharashtra Common Exam Board has invited candidates to fill in the MH CET 2020 Application From 2nd week of February 2020 to 4th week of March 2020. Aspirants need to visit the official website of Maharashtra CET to fill up the Application Form. One can apply the application form online. Candidates are advised to keep their scanned images and photographs of the signature ready before applying for MH CET 2020.
How to Apply
To apply for MHT CET 2020, Candidates can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Official Website of Maharashtra CET.
- Click on the link “Apply for MHT CET 2020”.
- Fill the required details such as pre exam academic qualification, personal mailing detail, Personal and guardian details, etc.
- Upload the scanned images one by one in the prescribed specifications.
- Go through the payment gateway section and pay the application fee through debit/credit card or e-challan of Canara/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI etc Bank.
- Take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
- Valid Contact Number and Email ID
- Qualification and other personal details
- Payment details
- Photograph scanned with name and date mentioned below (image should be in JPEG format with a size of 4 KB to 40 KB and the image should be coloured with a clear background with 3.5 x 4.5 cm dimension).
- Scanned signature made by a candidate on a white page within the 3.5 x 1.5 cm box size. The image should be in JPEG format with a size of 1 KB to 30 KB.
Here is the Maharashtra CET 2020 Fees detail.
|MHT CET 2020 Application Fee for Open Category||Rs. 800 + Payment Gateway Charges|
|MHT CET Application Fee 2020 for Reserved Category||Rs. 600 + Payment Gateway Charges|
All the students applying for MHT CET 2020 examination are advised to go through the Exam Pattern for MH CET 2020. A Better Understanding of Exam Pattern and questions to be asked will help you to score great in MH CET 2020 Engineering Entrance Examination. Check the detailed MH CET 2020 Exam Pattern below:
|Paper||Subject||Approximate No. of MCQ based on||Marks as per Question||Total Marks||Duration in Minutes|
|XI Std||XII Std|
For more information about Exam Pattern: Click Here
The syllabus of Maharashtra CET is based on 10+2 Syllabus. Those who want to get admission in Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra may opt for PCM and PCB is for those who choose Pharmacy/ Other Health Science courses.
For more information about Syllabus: Click Here
The MHT CET 2020 Exam is consist of four papers Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Candidates are advised to choose the Paper wisely to score well in MH CET 2020 Examination. The question asked in MHT CET Previous year Question Papers was based on the syllabus prescribed for Maharashtra CET. According to some of the previous toppers of MHT CET, 6 months of dedicated studies and these Highly Recommended books for MH CET Entrance Exam is what you need to score great in the MHT CET 2020 Examination.
For more information about Books: Click Here
The admit card will be released on last week of April 2020. For downloading Admit Card, Candidate should visit the website of MHT CET 2020. as per the schedule. The issue of Admit Card is merely an enabling document for appearing at the MHT-CET 2020 and does not imply that the candidate satisfies all the requirements of eligibility conditions of admission.
For more information about Admit card: Click Here
- The result will be declared on websites of MHT CET 2020 as per the schedule.
- Provisional Answer key of each version of question paper & OMR Answer sheet will be made available on website MCT CET 2020 as per MHT CET 2020 Information Brochure- Agricultural Courses 17 schedule. The OMR Sheet will be available to each candidate after entering Password and Registration ID.
- The Competent Authority shall invite application for admission and after verification of documents and eligibility, publish the Merit Lists as per the Rules.
- The downloadable mark sheet will be made available on website MCT CET 2020 as per schedule.
- While declaring the result, if a Candidate remains Absent in any one of the subjects in PCM or PCB, then the Total Marks for PCM or PCB will be declared as ‘ABS’ (Absent) as the case may be.
The MH CET cutoff 2020 is the minimum marks prescribed by the board for the selection of students. Merit list, including the rank of candidates, will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for MHT CET 2020 need to clear the Cut off to finally get selected. Each Participating Institutes of MH CET will publish its own Cutoff Score for the selection of students into different offering Branches.
For more information about Cutoff: Click Here
Students can solve previous year question papers and sample papers to get updated with the latest trend of MH CET. The previous year question paper will help you to get updated with the latest syllabus of MHT CET, whereas Sample Papers will prepare you for the Actual Examination.
For more information about Sample Paper: Click Here
Only those Candidates who have passed the above qualifying examination by clearing the cutoff will be considered for admission. Successful candidates will be invited for central counselling session based on the marks obtained in MH-CET(UG). Candidates can choose their preferred specialization/branch of study on a particular campus based on
- The cut-off score for the specified specialization/branch
- Fulfilling the program-specific eligibility criteria for a particular campus and
- Subject to the availability of seats at that point in time.
For more information about COunselling: Click Here
Maharashtra CET Examination score card is mandatory to take admission in some of the premier engineering colleges in Maharashtra. The MH-CET 2020 scorecard is acceptable by 50+ Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra. Here is the list of some of the TOP participating institute in MHT CET 2020.
|1||Government College of Engineering, Amravati|
|2||Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati|
|3||Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering, Shegaon|
|4||Prof. Ram Meghe Institute of Technology & Research, Amravati|
|5||P. R. Pote (Patil) Education & Welfare Trust’s Group of Institution(Integrated Campus), Amravati|
|6||P.R. Patil College of Engineering & Technology, Amravati|
There are a total of 46 Exam centres is assigned where a candidate appearing for Maharashtra CET can give the entrance test. A Candidate is advised to choose the centre wisely without making any mistake as the chosen centre will not be changed in the later stage. The allotment of the examination centre for MHT CET 2020 is solely based on the choices made by the candidates at the time of applying. The Board has the authority to change the selected exam centres without any excuses.
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
In the case of any irregularities, a candidate is advised to visit the Examination board to get further assistance.
Address: State Common Entrance Test Cell, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (022) – 22652261 / 22652262
(between 10am – 6pm)
Best Of luck..!!!
- Set of Maharashtra CET Sample paper 2020
- Maharashtra Common Law Entrance Test: MH CET Law 2020
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET MBA 2020)
Application Form 2020
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.