Maharastra Common Entrance Test popularly known as MH-CET (MHT CET) is one of the most popular state level Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by Maharastra State Common Entrance Cell, Mumbai in the month of May. The Entrance Exam is Conducted every year in various cities across the state. Successful candidates of MH CET are then eligible to apply for admission to First Year of Full-Time Degree Courses of Technical Education (Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy and Pharm. D.) in Maharastra State. This article will help you to know about the latest MH CET 2018 notification and every bit of Information related to MHT CET 2018.
Every year Lakhs of aspirants appears for Maharastra CET Exam to get admission in various Undergraduate professional Courses offered by different Private and Government Engineering Colleges in Maharastra state. MH CET Application Form is available from 18 January 2018 to 25 March 2018. This year MH CET 2018 Examination is scheduled to happen on 10 May 2018. Before we talk further about MHT CET 2018 notification, let us check the prime reason why you should opt for Maharastra CET.
- 1 Why choose MHT CET
- 2 MHT CET 2018 Eligibility
- 3 MHT CET 2018 Exam Pattern
- 4 MHT CET 2018 Syllabus
- 5 Books For MHT CET 2018
- 6 MHT CET 2018 Application Form
- 7 MHT CET 2018 Exam Fee
- 8 MHT CET Admit Card 2018
- 9 MHT CET 2018 Result
- 10 MH CET 2018 Cutoff
- 11 MHT CET 2018 Sample Paper
- 12 MHT CET 2018 Counselling
- 13 MHT CET 2018 Participating Institute
- 14 MHT CET 2018 Exam Centres
- 15 MHT CET 2018 Important Dates
- 16 Contact Information
Why choose MHT CET
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of MHT CET 2018 which will try to give you the answer to the question Why to choose Maharastra CET.
- MH CET scorecard is the mandatory requirement for the admission in Top Ranked Engineering Institutions in Maharastra like Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli, Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune etc.
- A candidate who wishes to take admission in various state and privately funded Engineering other Professional Courses in Maharastra have to clear MHT CET 2018.
- The fees structure for MH CET governed colleges is cheapest as compared to other states of India.
So if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about MHT CET 2018. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility and Exam Pattern of MHT CET 2018.
MHT CET 2018 Eligibility
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on MH-CET Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or Not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions of MHT CET 2018 is given below:
The applicant applying for MHT CET 2018 has to be of Indian nationality.
A candidate applying for MH CET 2018 needs to be 17 years of age till the December 31 of the year of admission.
A candidate Should be a permanent resident of Maharastra or his/her parents should have been residing in Maharastra for the past 10 years. A Domicile Certificate is needed to be submitted while applying for MHT CET 2018.
***Candidate from outside may also apply but the first preference will be given to local Candidate.
A candidate applying for Various Engineering, or other Professional Courses offered by MH CET 2018 Participating Institutes must fulfil the following Education Criteria.
- Applicants must be a class XII or equivalent examination passed or appearing in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) with at least 50% aggregate marks from any recognised board/university.
- For all other categories (SC, ST and OBC), the education criteria are 45% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).
MHT CET 2018 Exam Pattern
All the students applying for MHT CET 2018 examination are advised to go through the Exam Pattern for MH CET 2018. A Better Understanding of Exam Pattern and questions to be asked will help you to score great in MH CET 2017 Engineering Entrance Examination. Check the detailed MH CET 2018 Exam Pattern below:
|Paper||Subject||Approximate No. of MCQ based on||Marks as per Question||Total Marks||Duration in Minutes|
|XI Std||XII Std|
Schedule of Exam
Type of Examination Centre for MHT-CET 2017
10.00 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
12.30 p.m. to 02.00 p.m.
03.00 p.m. to 04.30 p.m.
|MB (PCMB Group)||Mathematics||Physics & Chemistry||Biology|
|MM (PCM Group)||Mathematics||Physics & Chemistry||—-|
|BB (PCB Group)||—-||Physics & Chemistry||Biology|
- A Candidates who want to take admission in undergraduate engineering programmes under MHT CET need to appear in Paper I and Paper II.
- A candidate applying for Health Science and different Pharmacy courses have to appear in Paper III.
- Paper, I will consist of 50 MCQ types question of Mathematics each carrying 2 marks making it a paper of 100 Marks.
- Paper II will consist of 100 questions each carrying 1 marks making it a paper of 100 Marks (50 questions from Physics + 50 Questions From Chemistry).
- The questions will be based on Syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- Approximately 20% weightage will be given to Std. XI curriculum and 80% weightage will be given to Std. XII curriculum while setting the question paper
- There will be no Negative Marking, however, the difficulty level will be at par with the JEE (Main) for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and difficulty level for Biology will be at par with NEET. The questions will be mainly application based.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking.
- Time: Each paper will be of 90 minutes
- Language: For physics and chemistry (English/Urdu/Marathi), Mathematics(English only).
- Mode of Exam: Offline only.
MHT CET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of Maharastra CET is based on 10+2 Syllabus. Those who want to get admission in Engineering Colleges in Maharastra may opt for PCM and PCB is for those who choose Pharmacy/ Other Health Science courses.
|1||Physics||Measurements, Scalars and Vectors, Force, Friction in solids and liquids, Refraction of Light, Ray optics, the Magnetic effect of electric current, Magnetism.|
|2||Chemistry||Some basic concepts of chemistry, States of Matter: Gases and liquids, Redox reaction, Surface chemistry, Nature of chemical bond, Hydrogen, s-Block elements(Alkali and alkaline earth metals), Basic principles and techniques in organic chemistry, Alkanes.|
|3||Mathematics||Trigonometric functions, Trigonometric functions of Compound Angles, Factorization Formulae, Straight Line, Circle and Comics, Sets, Relations and Functions, Probability, Sequences and series.|
|Section I (Botany)||Diversity in organisms, Biochemistry of cell, Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition, Plant Growth and Development.|
|Section II (Zoology)||Organization of Cell, Animal tissues, Human Nutrition, Human Respiration|
Books For MHT CET 2018
The MHT CET 2018 Exam is consist of four papers Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Candidates are advised to choose the Paper wisely to score well in MH CET 2018 Examination. The question asked in MHT CET Previous year Question Papers was based on the syllabus prescribed for Maharashtra CET. According to some of the previous toppers of MHT CET, 6 months of dedicated studies and these Highly Recommended books for MH CET Entrance Exam is what you need to score great in the MHT CET 2018 Examination.
MHT CET 2018 Application Form
The Maharashtra Common Exam Board has invited candidates to fill in the MH CET 2018 Application From 18/01/2018 to 25/03/2018. Aspirants need to visit the official website of Maharashtra CET to fill up the Application Form. One can apply the application form online. Candidates are advised to keep their scanned images and photographs of the signature ready before applying for MH CET 2018.
How to Apply
To apply for MHT CET 2018, Candidates can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of Maharashtra CET.
- Click on the link “Apply for MHT CET 2018”.
- Fill the required details such as pre exam academic qualification, personal mailing detail, Personal and guardian details, etc.
- Upload the scanned images one by one in the prescribed specifications.
- Go through the payment gateway section and pay the application fee through debit/credit card or e-challan of Canara/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI etc Bank.
- Take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
- Valid Contact Number and Email ID
- Qualification and other personal details
- Payment details
- Photograph scanned with name and date mentioned below (image should be in JPEG format with a size of 4 KB to 40 KB and the image should be coloured with clear background with 3.5 x 4.5 cm dimension).
- Scanned signature made by a candidate on a white page within the 3.5 x 1.5 cm box size. The image should be in JPEG format with a size of 1 KB to 30 KB.
MHT CET 2018 Exam Fee
Here is the Maharashtra CET 2018 Fees detail.
|For General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates||Rs. 800|
|For Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DTNT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.||Rs. 600|
MHT CET Admit Card 2018
Download Admit Card:
For downloading Admit Card, Candidate should visit the website http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mhtcet2018 as per the schedule. The issue of Admit Card is merely an enabling document for appearing at the MHT-CET 2018 and does not imply that the candidate satisfies all the requirements of eligibility conditions of admission
MHT CET 2018 Result
Declaration of result
- The result will be declared on websites http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mhtcet2018 as per the schedule.
- Provisional Answer key of each version of question paper & OMR Answer sheet will be made available on website http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mhtcet2018 as per MHT CET 2018 Information Brochure- Agricultural Courses 17 schedule. The OMR Sheet will be available to each candidate after entering Password and Registration ID.
- The Competent Authority shall invite application for admission and after verification of documents and eligibility, publish the Merit Lists as per the Rules.
- The downloadable mark sheet will be made available on website http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mhtcet2018 as per schedule.
- While declaring the result, if a Candidate remains Absent in any one of the subjects in PCM or PCB, then the Total Marks for PCM or PCB will be declared as ‘ABS’ (Absent) as the case may be.
MH CET 2018 Cutoff
The MH CET cutoff 2018 is the minimum marks prescribed by the board for the selection of students. Merit list, including the rank of candidates, will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for MHT CET 2018 need to clear the Cutoff to finally get selected. Each Participating Institutes of MH CET will publish its own Cutoff Score for the selection of students into different offering Branches.
MHT CET 2018 Sample Paper
Students can solve previous year question papers and sample papers to get updated with the latest trend of MH CET. Previous year question paper will help you to get updated with the latest syllabus of MHT CET, whereas Sample Papers will prepare you for the Actual Examination.
Check MHT CET Sample paper for more detail.
MHT CET 2018 Counselling
Only those Candidates who have passed the above qualifying examination by clearing the cutoff will be considered for admission. Successful candidates will be invited for central counselling session based on the marks obtained in MH-CET(UG). Candidates can choose their preferred specialisation/branch of study in a particular campus based on
- The cut-off score for the specified specialisation/branch
- Fulfilling the program-specific eligibility criteria for a particular campus and
- Subject to the availability of seats at that point in time.
Documents for MHT CET 2018 Counselling
- Residence Proof (Maharashtra Candidate)
- Admit Card of Maharashtra CET 2018
- Mark Sheet, Certificate and other credentials of Class X & XII.
- Attested copies of mark sheet of Class XII.
- Category certificate (if applicable)
MHT CET 2018 Participating Institute
Maharashtra CET Examination score card is mandatory to take admission in some of the premier engineering colleges in Maharashtra. The MH-CET 2018 scorecard is acceptable by 50+ Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra. Here is the List of some of the TOP participating institute in MHT CET 2018.
|1||Government College of Engineering, Amravati|
|2||Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati|
|3||Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering, Shegaon|
|4||Prof. Ram Meghe Institute of Technology & Research, Amravati|
|5||P. R. Pote (Patil) Education & Welfare Trust’s Group of Institution(Integrated Campus), Amravati|
|6||P.R. Patil College of Engineering & Technology, Amravati|
MHT CET 2018 Exam Centres
There are a total of 46 Exam centres is assigned where a candidate appearing for Maharashtra CET can give the entrance test. A Candidate is advised to choose the centre wisely without making any mistake as the chosen centre will not be changed in the later stage. The allotment of the examination centre for MHT CET 2018 is solely based on the choices made by the candidates at the time of applying. The Board has the authority to change the selected exam centres without any excuses.
MHT CET 2018 Important Dates
Candidates applying for the Maharashtra CET Exam needs to check these important dates related to MH CET 2018. Check out these important Dates for MH CET.
|Online registration and Confirmation of Application Form on website||18/01/2018 to 25/03/2018|
|Online registration and Confirmation of Application Form on website |
(with additional Late Fee of Rs. 500/- )
|26/03/2018 to 31/03/2018|
|The issue of Admit Card (through candidate login)||24/04/2018 to 10/05/2018|
|Date of Examination||10/05/2018 (Thursday)|
|Centre of Examination||As indicated in Admit Card|
|Declaration of the Result||On or before 03-06-2018|
In the case of any irregularities, a candidate is advised to visit the Examination board to get further assistance.
MHT CET 2018
State Common Entrance Test Cell, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (022) – 22652261 / 22652262
(between 10am – 6pm)
Best of Luck…!!
Read Also: Set of Maharashtra CET Sample paper 2018