Hello Admission Seekers, Hope you all have started preparing for the MHT CET 2020 Examination. If you haven’t then don’t worry, it’s never too late to start something. If you have applied for the exam and searching for MHT CET 2020 Syllabus to have a better preparation strategy, then you are in the right place. This post will let you know about the complete updated MHT CET Syllabus & MHT CET Exam Pattern for the year 2020.
In this article, you will get to know about the detailed MHT CET 2020 Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Aspirants are advised to read the article very carefully to know about paper pattern and counselling procedure before making any preparation strategy for the very prestigious examination.
MHT CET 2020 Syllabus and Study Materials
MHT CET 2020 Brief Description
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||MHT CET|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Exam Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Conducting authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra|
|Number of MHT CET Applicants||Over 4 lakh per year|
|Application Availability||2nd week of February 2020|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
MHT CET 2020 Exam Pattern
All the students applying for MHT CET 2020 examination are advised to go through the Exam Pattern for MH CET 2020. A Better Understanding of Exam Pattern and questions to be asked will help you to score great in MH CET 2019 Engineering Entrance Examination. Check the detailed MH CET 2020 Exam Pattern below:
|S.NO||Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
|1.||I||Mathematics||50 x 2||100|
|2.||II||Physics||50 x 1||50|
|Chemistry||50 x 1||50|
|3.||III||Botany||50 x 1||50|
|Zoology||50 x 1||50|
Schedule of Exam
|Type of Examination Centre for MHT-CET 2020||Examination Papers|
|Paper I |
10.00 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
12.30 p.m. to 02.00 p.m.
|Paper III |
03.00 p.m. to 04.30 p.m.
|MB (PCMB Group)||Mathematics||Physics & Chemistry||Biology|
|MM (PCM Group)||Mathematics||Physics & Chemistry||—-|
|BB (PCB Group)||—-||Physics & Chemistry||Biology|
- A Candidates who want to take admission in undergraduate engineering programmes under MHT CET need to appear in Paper I and Paper-II.
- A candidate applying for Health Science and different Pharmacy courses have to appear in Paper III.
- Paper, I will consist of 50 MCQ types question of Mathematics each carrying 2 marks making it a paper of 100 Marks.
- Paper-II will consist of 100 questions each carrying 1 marks making it a paper of 100 Marks (50 questions from Physics + 50 Questions From Chemistry).
- Each of the subjects, Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Biology and Mathematics will have 50 questions each.
- Each correct answer in Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Biology will be awarded 1 mark, while each correct answer in the Mathematics section will be given 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking.
- Time: Each paper will be of 90 minutes
- Language: For physics and chemistry (English/Urdu/Marathi), Mathematics(English only).
- Mode of Exam: Offline only.
MHT CET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of Maharastra CET is based on 10+2 Syllabus. Those who want to get admission in Engineering Colleges in Maharastra may opt for PCM and PCB is for those who choose Pharmacy/ Other Health Science courses.
2. Scalars and Vectors
3. Projectile motion
5. Friction in solids and liquids
6. Sound Waves
7. Thermal properties of matter
8. Refraction of Light
9. Ray optics
11. Current electricity
12. Magnetic effect of electric current
14. Electromagnetic waves
1. Circular motion
3. Rotational motion
6. Surface tension
7. Wave motion
8. Stationary waves
9. Kinetic theory of gases and Radiation
10. Wave theory of light
11. Interference and diffraction
13. Current electricity
14. Magnetic effects of electric current
16. Electromagnetic inductions
17 Electrons and photons
18 Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei
20 Communication systems
Unit 1: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
Unit 2 : States of Matter: Gases and liquids
Unit 3: Structure of the atom
Unit 4: Periodic table
Unit 5: Redox reactions
Unit 6: Chemical equilibrium
Unit 7: Surface chemistry
Unit 8: Nature of chemical bond
Unit 9: Hydrogen
Unit 10: s-Block elements (Alkali and alkaline earth metals) Group 1 and Group 2 elements
Unit 11: p-Block elements
Unit 12: Basic principles and techniques in organic chemistry
Unit 13: Alkanes
Unit 14: Alkenes
Unit 15: Alkynes
Unit 16: Aromatic compounds
UNIT-17: Environmental chemistry
Unit 1: Solid State
Unit 2: Solutions and colligative properties
Unit 3: Chemical thermodynamics and energetic
Unit 4: Electro-chemistry
Unit 5: Chemical kinetics
Unit 6: General principles and processes of isolation of elements
Unit 7: p-Block elements Group 15 elements:
Unit 8 : d and f Block Elements d-Block Elements –
Unit 9: Coordination compounds
Unit 10: Halogen derivatives of alkanes (and arenes)
Unit 11: Alcohols, phenols and ethers Alcohols :
Unit 12: Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
Unit 13: Organic compounds containing nitrogen
Unit 14: Biomolecules Carbohydrates:
Unit 15: Polymers
Unit 16: Chemistry in everyday life
1. Measurement of Angles
2. Trigonometric functions
3. Trigonometric functions of compound angles
4. Factorization Formulae
6. Straight Line
7. Circle and Conics
9. Linear In equations
PART – 2
1. Sets, Relations and Functions
3. Complex Numbers
4. Sequences & Series
5. Permutations & combinations
6. Mathematical Induction and Binomial Theorem
1. Mathematical Logic Statements
3. Trigonometric functions
4. Pair of straight lines
8. Three-dimensional geometry
11. Linear programming problems
PART – 2
3. Applications of derivative
5. Applications of definite integral
6. Differential equation
8. Probability distribution
9. Bernoulli trials and Binomial distribution
|MHT CET 2020 Notification||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria | Courses| Age | Nationality | Qualification||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2020 Admit Card||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2020 Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2020 Syllabus||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2020 Cutoff||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2020 Counselling Procedure||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2020 Previous Year paper||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2020 Important Books||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2020 Sample Papers||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2020 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2020 Online test Series||Click Here|
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!!!!