Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology also known as MIT Muzaffarpur is a premier institution of engineering and research in eastern India. The foundation stone of this institution was laid by the first prime minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in 1954 since then, the college is under the administrative control of the department of science and technology and wholly funded by Government of Bihar.
Being one of the oldest technical institutes in India, It is affiliated to Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna and offers undergraduate programs in engineering with a postgraduate specialization in Machine design and thermal engineering. The institute also caters to the research and development activities of the state of Bihar and neighbouring countries like Nepal.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- MIT Muzaffarpur is under the administrative control of the department of science and technology and wholly funded by the Government of Bihar.
- The entire course offered by MIT Muzaffarpur is affiliated by AICTE and works under UGC.
- Recently MIT Muzaffarpur became the proud host of INDO-US Robo league. It was the first round of workshop and competitions of INTERNATIONAL Robotics competition being held in California in 2014.
- MIT Muzaffarpur also plays a pivotal role in generating employment opportunities especially for unemployed and underemployed youth, promoting entrepreneurs though various skill development training programs.
- Academic integrity and as well as state–of–art classrooms, laboratories and almost 40 plus Faculty and Assistants makes the college quite promising.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas. Special counselling by trained personnel.
Courses Offered by MIT Muzaffarpur:
|Academic Programme||Course offered||Seat Intake|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||40|
B) Other Courses:
- Bachelor in Pharmacy(B.Pharma)
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- MACHINE DESIGN
- THERMAL ENGINEERING
- MIT Muzaffarpur has Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 60,000 books and subscribes to more than 200 printed journals. Reference material available in the library for various courses.
- Highly equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high-speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- The campus has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for its students and staff.
- The campus has an audio-video room where students can keep track of the latest news& events.
- Highly equipped Mechanical and thermal lab under the supervision of qualified lab assistants.
- To get admission in MIT four years engineering course, one has to get through Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (B.C.E.C.E.) conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. Candidate qualifying JEE mains are also eligible to apply for the courses.
- To get admission in 2-year post-graduate M.Tech programs, the candidate must have to pass the equivalent subjects of engineering with at least 60% and must have a valid GATE scorecard.
MIT Muzaffarpur Fee Structure:
|1.||B.Tech Courses||Rs 42,135/-|
|4.||M.SC Courses||Rs 21,150/-|
Placement of MIT Muzaffarpur:
Recent time, MIT Muzaffarpur has emerged out as one of the leading job providers in Bihar. The college runs with a vision of providing 100% job to all the eligible candidates and till now it manages to score high in the placement and advanced research. Some of the top recruiters of MIT Muzaffarpur are as follow.
- Highest Salary Offered: Rs 8.6 Lakh/Annum(As reported by one of Our User)
- Average Salary Offered: Rs 3.2 Lakh/Annum
MIT Muzaffarpur Cutoff Trend 2016
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||1069|
College Ranking by Edufever:
MIT Muzaffarpur renders Technology Support and Service in the areas of machine design, thermal engineering, IT processing/testing and quality assurance in India and Nepal hence making all of its courses very good. Faculties are highly trained and also infrastructure is up to the mark. Highly equipped labs add colours to its destiny and hence making this institution recommendable in the field of engineering. Edufever gives this college 4 out of 5 on its rating scale.
Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology
Muzaffarpur, Bihar, India
Pin – 842003
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply