Attention Admission Seeker, the notification for National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018 (NATA 2018)entrance exam is published. Those who want to appear for NATA Architecture Aptitude Test (NATA 2018 Exam) entrance exam need to visit the official website and apply for NATA 2018 Application Form until 2nd March 2018. Hope you all have applied for the exam and now you all are looking to take admission in NATA. If you want to score great on National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018 Admission Test and looking to have a better preparation strategy, then you are in the right place. This post will let you know about the NATA 2018 Admission, Syllabus, CutOff, Preparation tips, Counselling Schedule, Result declaration, Datesheet etc. Have a look.
- 1 National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018
- 1.1 NATA 2018 Brief Description
- 1.2 Why Choose NATA 2018?
- 1.3 NATA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.4 NATA 2018 Exam Pattern
- 1.5 NATA 2018 Syllabus
- 1.6 NATA 2018 Admission Form
- 1.7 How to prepare for NATA 2018
- 1.8 NATA 2018 Admit Card
- 1.9 NATA 2018 Result
- 1.10 NATA Answer Key 2018
- 1.11 NATA Cutoff 2018
- 1.12 NATA 2018 Admission Calendar
- 1.13 Contact Details
National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) was founded in the year 1972 the Government of India under the provisions of the Architects Act. It is a national level aptitude test which is conducted for admission into the architecture programme all over the country. NATA 2018 has measured the applicants’ drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability, that have been acquired over a long period of time, and that are related to Architecture. Architecture Aptitude Test (NATA) organizes only once a year. Through this exam, Assistant will get admission into 5 years of Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) Course. Before we go deep with the information, let us first have a look at the Major Features of the National Aptitude Test 2018 Admission notification.
NATA 2018 Brief Description
|Conducting Body||National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018)|
|Name of the Exam||NATA 2018 Exam|
|Online Application Starts From||18th January 2018|
|Last Date to Apply||30th March 2018 (Revised)|
|Application Fee||Rs 1800 (Rs. 1500 for SC/ST Category)|
|How to apply||Online|
|Declaration of Final Result (Online)||1st June 2018|
|Purpose||Admission to 5-year B.Arch. Degree Course|
|Type of Paper |
|Pen and Paper|
The entrance exam is conducted one time in a year. The aspirant can check details about NATA 2018 including the application form, exam pattern, exam dates, syllabus and preparation tips below.
Why Choose NATA 2018?
Before going deep, let us have a look at some of the salient features of SATA Entrance Exam 2018, Which will give you the answer why choose this Entrance Exam.
- NATA is a single window exam, conducted by Council of Architecture.
- NATA scores are used for admissions to different Government, Govt. Aided & unaided schools /colleges of Architecture.
- National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is a group of colleges in India and considered among the best in Architecture Colleges in India
- It is the apex organization in India for those who have an interest in Architecture.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about NATA Admission Test 2018. Let us first have a brief look at the Vacancy, Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of NATA Entrance Exam 2018.
NATA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Here are the updated eligibility criteria for the NATA entrance exam 2018.
|Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)||(A) 10+2 or equivalent examination of Central/State Govts. with 50% aggregate marks and with
Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination; OR
(B) 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Govts. with 50% aggregate marks with
Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination; OR
(C) International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of Schooling with 50%
marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination
No age limit to apply for NATA exam.
NATA 2018 Exam Pattern
NATA Exam Pattern divided into two Parts, Part A comprises of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) to be answered online and Part B will be answered on A4 size drawing sheets.
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Mathematics (20 Questions)||20 x 2||40|
|General Aptitude (40 Questions)||40 x 2||80|
|Drawing (2 Questions)||2 x 40||80|
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held in offline mode (pen paper-based).
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be three hours (10:30 AM to 1:30 PM).
- Type of Question: The question of Mathematics & General Aptitude will be multiple choice questions and Part B will be answered on A4 size drawing sheets.
- No. of Questions: Total 62 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 200 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, two marks will be awarded to the candidates in Mathematics & General Aptitude test.
- Negative Marking: No marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- Subjects: The question paper will comprise of three sections, i.e. Mathematics, Drawing & General Aptitude.
- Qualifying Marks: Secure minimum 25% marks in MCQ portion (30 out of 120) & 25% marks in Drawing portion (20 out of 80).
NATA 2018 Syllabus
National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018 Offers Syllabus in 3 Phase, Which categorize in broadly include Mathematics, Drawing & General Aptitude.
Interpretation of pictorial compositions, visualizing three-dimensional objects from a two-dimensional drawing. Objects, textures related to architecture & built environment. Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), general awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects. Mathematical reasoning and sets & relations.
Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability.
Understanding scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony, and contrast. Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory. Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract. Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces, and volumes. Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms. Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects. Perspective drawing, sketching of urbanscape and landscape. Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
NATA 2018 Admission Form
One should follow these simple steps to apply for the NATA 2018 Admission form
- Step 1: Login into NATA- 2018 portal with chosen credentials, and Click on Apply Now button which will be
directed to the application form.
- Step 2: Fill-in the MANDATORY fields which are mentioned in Appendix III.
- Step 3: Upload the required documents and click on Preview button to preview the filled in application form
then click on Submit button to submit the form. Once the form is submitted, no changes will be entertained,
so carefully fill-in the application form.
- Step 4: Once the application form submitted, it will be redirected to Payment Gateway page. Kindly provide
the required inputs for payment process.
- Step 5: Upon successful fee payment, you will get land up in confirmation page contains Application No and
Transaction No., kindly take a printout of it as a proof of application form submission.
How to prepare for NATA 2018
One can Follow given Impotent Prepare Steps-
- Aspirants have to understand their drawing & creative skills.
- Make a time-table & give an equal interval of time to each subject.
- Aware about complete syllabus & exam pattern of the examination.
- Solve previous year question paper for practice.
- Eat healthy food & stay fit.
- Refer best study material & books.
NATA 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for the NATA 2018 will be released online from April 2, 2018, in online mode. The Admit Card or commonly known as Call Later can be download from official website. The admit card is the mandatory document to carry during the Exam hall at the time of written examination. If a candidate fails to show His/Her NATA 2018 Admit Card at the time of the written exam, then he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the test. You can follow these steps to download admit card for NATA 2018 Entrance examination.
- Visit NATA entrance exam official website
- Click on NATA Admit Card tab/link
- Enter any two details from – Application Number, Date of Birth or Email ID.
- View and download NATA admit card
- Take a clear print of NATA entrance exam 2018 admit card.
NATA 2018 Result
National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018 (NATA 2018) Result will be declared in 1st June 2018. The result will release online on the website. Students can Cheak their results by entering their roll number and other required details are given below.
Aspirants need to follow the below given important Steps for NATA 2018
- Go to the official website of National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
- Click on “NATA Result” tab/link mentioned on the official website.
- Enter any two details from – Roll number, date of birth and application number.
- Click on Submit button.
- View result and download NATA scorecard.
NATA Answer Key 2018
National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018 Council will publish the response sheet and answer key of NATA 2018 for all Aspirant who appeared in the exam. National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018 answer key will be released for the student to verify their answers they have written in the exam with the ones provided by the experts in the official answer key. Aspirant will also be able to estimate their ranks using NATA answer key 2018 and hence foresee their chances of admission.
NATA Cutoff 2018
National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018 Cut off will not be provided by Architecture Council officially because every institute offering B.Arch. Programme and admission on the basis of NATA scores release its own cutoff for candidates.National Aptitude Test in Architecture cutoff will be basically the minimum marks required for admission in that particular institute and therefore it varies from institute to institute depending on certain factors like the number of seats in the institute, difficulty level of the exam, previous year’s cutoff trends etc.
NATA 2018 Admission Calendar
Hope the information we have provided will help you to answer all the queries related to NATA 2018. Now let us have a look at the important dates related to the examination.
|Online Registration Starts||18th January 2018|
|Last Date of Online Registration||30th March 2018 (Revised) |
|Admit Card Issued||16th April 2018 (Revised) |
|Date of Exam||29th April 2018|
|Result Declaration||1st June 2018|
COUNCIL OF ARCHITECTURE
India Habitat Centre, Core 6A, 1st Floor,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003 India
Tel: +91-11-79412100 (30 Lines)
Specific Query related to NATA-2018 Examination
Email: [email protected]
For any Query related to NATA 2018 notification, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for Career in Architect Industry.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!!
READ ALSO: Karnataka Management Aptitude Test 2018