The Union Health Ministry on Monday deferred the NEET PG counselling for admission to postgraduate medical courses, which was scheduled to begin on September 1, 2022, to permit the NMC (National Medical Commission) to complete the process of adding new seats. Though the ministry has not declared the revised schedule, official sources said the NEET PG Counselling 2022 is likely to begin in the third week of September.
“…the NEET PG Counselling 2022 was scheduled to begin on September 1. However, National Medical Commission (NMC) is issuing a new letter of permission (LoPs) for the current academic year, and the same will be concluded by September 15. Hence, to include more seats in the counselling for the benefit of the candidates, it has been decided by the competent authority to re-schedule the NEET-PG Counselling, 2022, which was scheduled to commence from September 1,” the ministry said in a notice.
MCC NEET PG Counselling 2022 Notice
MCC conducts Counselling for the following Institutions/Universities
- 50% All India Quota seats of all states (participation of the Union Territory of J&K is subject to their contribution of seats).
- 100% seats (All India Quota seats + Institutional Quota seats) of Central Universities (Aligarh Muslim University/ Banaras Hindu University/ University of Delhi/ Central Institutes as per eligibility conditions provided by the respective college/institute.
- 100% seats of Deemed Universities.
- 50% AIQ P.G seats of colleges under Employee State Insurance Corporation (wards of ESIC insured persons).
- Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions (only Registration part).
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) will issue the NEET PG 2022 scorecard on June 8. The NEET PG counselling 2022 will be conducted by MCC for 50% AIQ and 100% deemed and central universities, ESIC, and AFMS seats. The details such as the name of the candidate, roll number, parent’s name, date of birth, marks obtained, NEET PG rank, etc., will be mentioned on the NEET PG scorecard 2022.