NID 2018 Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure
From past few days, we have received a number of questions asking for the preparation strategy of NID 2018 Entrance Examination. In our Previous article for NID 2018 Eligibility Criteria, we have discussed the important parameters like Qualification, Age, Nationality, Reservation of seats for NID. In this article, we will let you know about NID DAT 2018 Exam Pattern and NID Selection Procedure.
In this article, you will get to know about the detailed Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure of NID. Aspirants are advised to read the article very carefully to know about paper pattern and counselling procedure before making any preparation strategy for the very prestigious examination
- 1 NID Selection Procedure.
- 2 NID DAT 2018 Exam Pattern.
- 3 NID Studio Test 2018
- 4 NID DAT 2018 GROUP DISCUSSIONS
- 5 PERSONAL INTERVIEW
- 6 NID 2018 Result
- 7 NID 2018 Counselling Procedure.
- 8 Documents Required for NID 2018 Counselling
- 9 NID 2018 Seat Allotment
- 10 NID DAT 2018 Important Links
NID Selection Procedure.
National Institute of Design (NID) was founded in the year 1961 and functions as an autonomous body under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. The organisation is recognized by the Department Of Scientific and Industrial Research. The authority will conduct NID Entrance exam 2018 Admission test for the admission of students in Design & fashion Field. Before we go deep with the information, let us first have a look at the Major Features of the National Institute of Design 2018 Admission notification.
NID 2018 Brief Description
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Design (NID)|
|Name of the Exam||NID DAT 2018 Exam|
|Online Application Starts From||25th September 2017|
|Last Date to Apply||9th November 2017 (with late fee).|
|Application Fee||General/OBC (Non-Creamy) – Rs. 1500/- |
SC/ST/PWD/ExSM – Rs. 750/-
|How to apply||Online|
|Declaration of Final Result (Online)||May/June 2018|
|Counselling||End of May/June 2018|
NID DAT 2018 Exam Pattern.
NID 2018 paper will be divided into two Stages (Preliminary & Mains). The first part will be NID DAT Preliminary Exam and will consist of Multiple Choice Objective Type questions (MCQ’s) and its weight will be 70 marks. The second paper (which will compromise of paper subjective in nature) will be of a total of 30 marks. Let us have a look at the exam pattern of NID DAT 2018 examination. Those who will qualify the NID DAT Prelims exam 2018 will be allowed for NID DAT Mains examination. The NID DAT Prelims and mains exam pattern will consist of following subjects.
- Stage 1: NID DAT (Prelims) – Pen & Paper based written test .
- Stage 2: NID DAT (Mains) – Studio Test and Personal Interview.
NID DAT 2018 Preliminary exam Pattern
|Knowledge||Objective(MCQ’S)(1st Part)||Subjective(2nd Part)|
NID DAT 2018 Mains Exam Pattern
|Hands-on model making|
NID 2018 Basic Guidelines
- Paper: DAT Prelims will be conducted in two parts (Objective ((70%)), Subjective ((30%)).
- Mode of Exam: Offline (Pen and paper-based test).
- Nature of Questions: The part-1 will include the multiple choice questions while part-2 is of subjective type.
- Total Score: 200 (100 each for NID DAT prelims and NID DAT mains.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- Language: English only.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking.
NID Studio Test 2018
Studio Test for BDes Admissions: The second stage of your dream college will comprise of questions which aspirants will have to solve in different formats like drawing/sketching, hands-on model making, group discussions, presentations, etc.
Studio Test for MDes Admissions: Aspirants who are applying for M.Des programs under National Institute of design will also have to go through studio test like their undergraduate counterpart. This test for MDes admissions at NID will be held separately for each specialisation (that is, the course for which an aspirant has applied for admission). The studio test will comprise of different sections wherein questions of different formats (like hands-on drawing/sketching, hands-on model making, group discussions, etc) will be asked. Duration of the test will be three hours.
NID DAT 2018 GROUP DISCUSSIONS
Shortlisted candidates for UG/PG Programs from the written entrance examination are required to undergo Case Study based Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). GD would comprise approximately 15 to 20 minutes of discussion on a case study assigned, on which a panel of experts will assess the candidates on various parameters including:
- Conceptual clarity
- Knowledge of the topic assigned
- Contribution made to the topic
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate new ideas
- Problem-solving approach
- Leadership qualities
- Effective communication
Candidates shall be evaluated on the various parameters as listed below by a panel, in the Personal Interview:
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the course
- Overall personal achievements in academics and co-curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude, creative and lateral thinking
As no separate training is required for the above, NID does not recommend or endorse any coaching classes.
NID 2018 Result
National Institute of Design (NID) Result will be declared in 13th March 2018. The result will release online on the website. Students can Cheak their results by entering their roll number and other required details are given below.
Aspirants need to follow the below given important Steps for NID 2018
- Go to the official website of National Institute of Design (NID).
- Click on “NID Result” tab/link mentioned on the official website.
- Enter any two details from – Roll number, date of birth and application number.
- Click on Submit button.
- View result and download NID scorecard.
NID 2018 Counselling Procedure.
- A list of eligible candidate for counselling will be made before the counselling, (based on factors like- 10+2 marks, NID score, reservation, relaxation etc).
- The authority will publish the counselling day and one has to register to the official site before participating in central counselling
- The candidates have to fill up their choice of colleges in which they wish to seek admission.
- Finally, on the counselling day, the seats are allotted to the candidates.
- The candidates can lock the seats by paying the fees.
Documents Required for NID 2018 Counselling
The candidates are required to bring the documents such as
- Allotment letter.
- Admit Card/Hall Ticket.
- Rank/Score Card.
- X and XII result.
- Medical certificate.
- Community Certificate.
- 4-6 Passport Size photos.
NID 2018 Seat Allotment
- The seats will be allotted to the candidates on the counselling day.
- The candidates will be given an allotment letter on his email id.
- If in case there are any technical issues with the website, then it is the responsibility of the Authorities to fix it.
- The candidate has to download and print the allocation letter.
- He/She has to visit the allotted institute with this letter for further proceedings.
NID DAT 2018 Important Links
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to 2018 NID Admission Notification.
|Download NID 2018 Official Bulletin (PDF)||Click Here|
|NID 2018 Entrance Exam: Admission Prospectus||Click Here|
|NID 2018 Fashion Designing Eligibility Criteria | Courses| Age | Nationality | Qualification||Click Here|
|Top NID Colleges in India: Intake | Courses | Eligibility||Click Here|
|NID DAT 2018 Admit Card| Hall ticket for NID 2018||Click Here|
|Highly Recommended Books for NID 2018 Examination||Click Here|
|Download NID DAT 2018 Sample Paper in PDF||Click Here|
|NID 2018 Syllabus and Study Materials (All Subjects)||Click Here|
|NID 2018 Cut-off: Expected & Previous Year NID Cut-off Score.||Click Here|
|NID 2018 Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure||Click Here|
|Top 20 Fashion Designing Colleges in India: Edufever Ranking 2018-19||Click Here|
|Top NIFT Colleges in India: Edufever Ranking 2018-19||Click Here|
For any Query related to NID 2018 notification, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for Career in Fashion Industry.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!!