Attention Aspirants, the notification for National Institute of Fashion Technology Admission 2018 (NIFT 2018) entrance exam is published. Those who want to appear for NIFT 2018 entrance exam need to visit the official website and apply for NIFT 2018 Application Form until 29th December 2017. Hope you all have applied for the exam and now you all are looking to take admission in NIFT. If you want to score great in National Institute of Fashion Technology 2018 and looking to have a better preparation strategy, then you are in the right place. This post will let you know about the NIFT 2018 Admission, Syllabus, CutOff, Preparation tips, Counselling Schedule, Result declaration, Datesheet etc. Have a look.
NIFT 2018 Notifications – Counselling Registration Starting From 28th May
- 1 National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT 2018)
- 2 WHY Choose NIFT Exam?
- 3 NIFT 2018 Entrance Exam (Seat Availability)
- 4 NIFT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 5 NIFT 2018 Selection Process
- 6 NIFT 2018 Exam Syllabus
- 7 Best Books for NIFT 2018 Entrance Exam.
- 8 NIFT 2018 Application Fee
- 9 NIFT 2018 Admission Form.
- 10 NIFT 2018 Admit Card
- 11 NIFT 2018 Result
- 12 NIFT 2018 Admission Calendar
- 13 Contact Details
- 14 Important Links
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT 2018)
National Institute of Fashion Technology popularly known as NIFT is the apex institute for fashion technology in India. The institution was set up in the year 1986 under the guidance of Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. Now the institution runs under a Statutory Institute Governed by the NIFT Act 2006. The authority will conduct NIFT Entrance exam 2018 Admission test for the admission of students in fashion technology and Bachelor in Design programs offered by the 16 campuses of NIFT spread all across the country. Before we go deep with the information, let us first have a look at the Major Features of the National Institute of Fashion Technology 2018 Admission notification.
NIFT 2018 Brief Description
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)|
|Name of the Exam||NIFT 2018 Admission Test|
|Online Application Starts From||20th October 2017|
|Last Date to Apply||29th December 2017|
|Written Entrance Examination for all UG & PG Programmes||21st January 2018|
|Application Fee||General/OBC (Non-Creamy) – Rs. 1500/- |
SC/ST/PWD/ExSM – Rs. 750/-
|How to apply||Online|
|Declaration of Final Result (Online)||May/June 2018|
|Counselling||End of May/June 2018|
The entrance exam is conducted one time in a year. The aspirant can check details about NIFT 2018 including the application form, exam pattern, exam dates, syllabus and preparation tips below.
WHY Choose NIFT Exam?
Before going deep, let us have a look at some of the salient features of NIFT Entrance Exam 2018, Which will give you the answer why choose this Entrance Exam.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a group of fashion colleges in India and considered among the best in India.
- NIFT is the apex organisation in India for those who have an interest in Fashion designing.
- A bachelorette of PG degree from NIFT will help you to find a career in fashion design, management and technology for the national/international fashion business.
- NIFT offers 4-year UG, as well as two-year post-graduate, programmes in the areas of design, management, and technology
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about NIFT Admission Test 2018. Let us first have a brief look at the Vacancy, Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of NIFT Entrance Exam 2018.
NIFT 2018 Entrance Exam (Seat Availability)
This year NIFT 2018 exam will be made to fill more than 3000 undergraduate and postgraduate seats available in different NIFT Campus all across the nation. Let us first have a brief look at the courses offered and intake capacity of each participating institutes in National Institute of Fashion Technology 2018 Entrance exam.
NIFT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Here is the updated eligibility criteria for the NIFT entrance exam 2018.
|Bachelor of Design – B.Des. (Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication)||The aspirant must have the 12th level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi. |
General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
A passing grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
|Maximum age limit 23 years as on 1st October 2017. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Person With Disability (PWD)|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production) (B.FTech.)||-Same as Mentioned above-||-Same as Mentioned above-|
|M.Des (Master of Design) |
|Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any Institute / University recognized by law in India |
Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
|No Age limit.|
|M.F.M (Master of Fashion Management)||-Same as Mentioned above-||-Same as Mentioned above-|
|M.F.Tech. (Master of Fashion Technology)||B.F.Tech. from NIFT |
B.E / B.Tech. from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
|NO upper age limit.|
To Know complete details about NIFT 2018 Entrance Examination eligibility criteria like Age, Nationality, Relaxation etc, you may also check NIFT 2018 Eligibility criteria.
NIFT 2018 Selection Process
The written exam is the ladder to your success and scoring great is the only way to which you can make it to the institute. Let us find out the selection procedure for this very prestigious examination.
- Written Exam
- Situation Test / Group Discussion / Interview
1st Stage: NIFT 2018 written Examination
The very first stage of your dream job is to score great in the written examination. Here aspirants must keep in mind that the written examination will be offline in nature and will consist of the following parameters.
Exam Pattern For B.Des Courses:
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||15|
NIFT 2018 Exam Pattern for M.Des courses:
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||15|
Exam Pattern For B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech Courses:
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Quantitative Ability||30 (10 questions for MFM)|
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension||45 (50 questions for MFM)|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||25|
|Case Study||25 (40 questions for MFM)|
NIFT 2018 Exam Basic Guidelines
- Exam Mode: Offline mode (PBT).
- Exam duration: The duration of GAT written test will be 2 hours (for B.Des & M.Des) and 3 hours (for B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech).
- Number of Questions: Total 100 questions will be asked in GAT for B.Des and 120 questions will be asked for M.Des. 150 questions will be asked in B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech.
- Language: The paper medium will be English only.
- Papers: For B.Des and M.Des, two written exams will be conducted i.e. GAT & CAT whereas for B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech only GAT will be conducted.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking.
2nd stage: Situation Test / Group Discussion / Interview.
After the successful completion of the offline written exam, the board will declare the qualified candidates for the next round of selection. Only those candidate who will successfully clear the cut-off score mentioned by the board will be allowed for the Group discussion. The final result of the selected candidates after the group discussion and interview will be finally published on the NIFT official website in the month of May-June 2018.
NIFT 2018 Exam Syllabus
The NIFT Entrance exam 2018 is an offline objective written test. The questions related to Reasoning, General Logical Ability, Maths and General Knowledge will be asked. The nature of the questions will be objective in nature and for each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded. One can read and download the complete updated NIFT Syllabus 2018 by clicking here.
Best Books for NIFT 2018 Entrance Exam.
Candidates preparing for the exam are getting tensed about the Study Materials and Books required to crack the Exam. But if your preparation is effective and you are working with a proper planning then you can easily clear the cut-off. All you need is these Best Books for NIFT 2018 Exam.
NIFT 2018 Application Fee
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges (Non- Refundable):
|GEN/OBC (Non-Creamy layer)||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ST/PWD Category||Rs. 750/-|
Mode of Payment
- Online Banking
- Bank Demand Draft
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- Staff candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee and intimation charges.
- Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
- Demand draft should be issued in favour of “NIFT HO” payable at New Delhi. A candidate who is going to opt DD for fee payment is required to send the duly completed application along with DD to the following address:
All India Management Association Management House,
14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
NIFT 2018 Admission Form.
One should follow these simple steps to apply for the NIFT 2018 Admission form.
- One has to Visit the official website of NIFT ( Click here).
- Click on the apply online or register
- Fill the personal details carefully.
- After Filling the personal detail, one has to Select the subject for which He/She is applying.
- Upload the Photo and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Save the Application form for future use.
NIFT 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for the NIFT 2018 will be released online from 9th of January 2018. The Admit Card or commonly known as Call Later can be download from official website. The admit card is the mandatory document to carry during the Exam hall at the time of written examination. If a candidate fails to show His/Her NIFT 2018 Admit Card at the time of the written exam, then he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the test. You can follow these steps to download admit card for NIFT 2018 Entrance examination.
- Visit NIFT entrance exam official website
- Click on NIFT Admit Card tab/link
- Enter any two details from – Application Number (6 digits), Date of Birth or Email ID.
- View and download NIFT admit card
- Take a clear print of NIFT entrance exam 2018 admit card.
NIFT 2018 Result
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Result will be declared in Feb / March 2018. The result will release online on the website. Students can Cheak their results by entering their roll number and other required details are given below.
Aspirants need to follow the below given important Steps for NIFT 2018
- Go to the official website of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT).
- Click on “NIFT Result” tab/link mentioned on the official website.
- Enter any two details from – Roll number, date of birth and application number.
- Click on Submit button.
- View result and download NIFT scorecard.
NIFT 2018 Admission Calendar
Hope the information we have provided will help you to answer all the queries related to NIFT 2018. Now let us have a look at the important dates related to the examination.
|NIFT 2018 Admission Calendar|
|Online Registration||20 Oc, 2017|
|Last Date For Online Registration||29 Dec 2017|
|Last date for online registration with late fee of Rs.5000/- |
(in addition to the applicable application fee) through
|02 January 208|
|Window to Edit/ update the application Form||From 30th December 2017 |
Saturday (12:00 hrs) until 2nd
January 2018 Tuesday (16:00 hrs)
|Admit Card (Online Only)||9 January 2018|
|Written Entrance Examination for all UG & PG programmes||21 January 2018|
|Result of Written Entrance Examination||Fab/March 2018|
|Situation Test / Group Discussion /Interview||April- May 2018|
|Declaration of Final Result ( Online)||End Of May/June 2018|
|Counselling||End of May / June 2018 Onwards|
Hauz Khas, Near Gulmohar Park,
New Delhi – 110 016,
Tel: +91-11-26542000 Fax: +91-11-26535890,
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to 2018 NIFT Admission Notification.
|Download NIFT 2018 Official Bulletin (PDF)||Click Here|
|NIFT 2018 Entrance Exam: Admission Prospectus||Click Here|
|NIFT 2018 Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure||Click Here|
|Top 20 Fashion Designing Colleges in India: Edufever Ranking 2018-19||Click Here|
|Download NIFT Previous Year Question Papers in PDF Format ||Click Here|
|NIFT 2018 Eligibility Criteria | Courses| Age | Nationality | Qualification||Click Here|
|NIFT 2018 Complete Syllabus | All courses in PDF||Click Here|
|Best recommended Books for NIFT 2018 exam||Click Here|
|Download NIFT 2018 Entrance Exam Admit Card||Click Here|
|Best Sample Paper for NIFT Examination 2018||Click Here|
|Top NIFT Colleges in India: Edufever Ranking 2018-19||Click Here|
For any Query related to NIFT 2018 notification, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the NIFT Examination.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!