National Institute of Fashion Technology Bhubaneswar is one of the prestigious fashion institutes in Odisha. The College is Popularly known as NIFT Bhubaneswar and it was established in the year 2010.
The College is about 3 km from Patia railway station, around 15 km from Bhubaneswar railway station and around 18 km from the airport.
Throughout the article, We are going to share all the essential details about NIFT Bhubaneswar like Facilities, Courses, Admission Process, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, NEET Cutoff, Result, Placement, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
National Institute of Fashion Technology Bhubaneswar
|Name of Institute||National Institute of Fashion Technology Bhubaneswar|
|Popular Name||NIFT Bhubaneswar, NIFT Odisha|
|Year of Establishment||2010|
|Affiliated with||Statutory Autonomous|
|Approved by||Ministry of Textiles, Government of India|
|Courses offered||B.Des, B.F.Tech, MFM|
|Category||NIFT Institute in India|
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to NIFT 2020 Admission.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Statutory Autonomous
- Approved by: Ministry of Textiles, Government of India
- Aid Status: Government
- Anti Ragging
- Technical Issues
- Design Studio
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Convenience Store
NIFT Bhubaneswar Courses Offered
|Bachelor of Design (Textile Design)||30||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Design (Fashion Design)||30||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Design (Lifestyle Accessory Design)||30||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Design (Fashion Communication)||30||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.FTech.)||30||4 years|
|Master of Fashion Management (MFM)||30||2 Years|
NIFT Admission Process
- One can apply to the college through their NIFT Entrance Exam conducted by the authority.
- Applying must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
- The aspirant must have the 12th level examination in the pattern of examination of any recognised Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or foreign countries recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- A passing grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognised by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Maximum age limit 23 years as on 1st October 2019. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Person With Disability (PWD)
- Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any Institute / University recognised by law in India
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
- B.F.Tech. from NIFT
- B.E / B.Tech. from any Institute / University recognised by law in India.
Age Limit:- No Age Limit
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year|
|1 Sem||2 Sem||3 Sem||4 Sem||5 Sem||6 Sem||7 Sem||8 Sem|
|Tuition Fee (Non-Refundable)||112450||112450||123700||123700||136100||136100||149700||149700|
|Library Fee (Per Year) (Non-Refundable)||7400||0||8100||0||8900||0||9800||0|
|Mediclaim & Student Development Fee (Per Year) (Non-Refundable)||3700||0||4000||0||4500||0||4900||0|
|Exam Fee (Per Year)||3700||0||4000||0||4500||0||4900||0|
One time payments
|Security Deposit (One Time) (Refundable)||9400||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Alumni Association Membership Fee (One Time) (Non-Refundable)*||0||0||0||0||0||0||4600||0|
|Registration Fee (One Time)||9300||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Fee Structure (For NRI Students)
|Academic Fee Annually for NRI (Per year – consisting of two semesters) (In Rupees)|
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year|
|Tuition Fee (Non-Refundable||498540||523460||547190||601860|
|Library Fee (Per Year) (Non-Refundable)||28840||30240||31570||34720|
|Mediclaim & Student Development Fee (Per Year) (Non-Refundable)||18480||19390||20230||22260|
|Exam Fee (Per Year)||3700||4000||4500||4900|
|One Time Payments|
|Security Deposit (One Time) (Refundable)||9400||0||0||0|
|Alumni Association Membership Fee (One Time) (Non-Refundable)*||0||0||0||4600|
|Registration Fee (One Time)||9300||0||0||0|
- NIFT reserves the right to revise the above-mentioned fees for any academic year.
- For students admitted to two-year masters course, the fee has to be paid only for two years i.e 2020-21 & 2021-22. * For PG Students, it will be in 3rd Semester
- One time payments for NRI Candidates have been kept at par with the Non-NRI Candidates.
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||15%|
|ST (Scheduled Tribes)||7.5%|
|Person with Disability||5%|
NIFT Bhubaneswar Cutoff
NIFT Bhubaneswar Merit Rank 2019
|Course||General||SC||ST||OBC (Non – Creamy)||General ‐EWS||Domicile ‐ General|
For Domicile SC/ST/OBC/NRI
|Course||Domicile ‐ SC||Domicile ‐ ST||Domicile ‐ OBC(NC)||NRI/Ward of NRI|
NIFT 2018 cut off
|S.No||Name of the Programmes||Merit Rank|
|1||Accessory Design||Click Here|
|2||Fashion Design||Click Here|
|3||Knitwear Design||Click Here|
|4||Leather Design||Click Here|
|5||Textile Design||Click Here|
|6||Fashion Communication||Click Here|
The National Institute of Fashion Technology has a centralized placement process. Companies can employ students from any campus or course of the institute through two routes which are facilitated by the Institute.
On-Campus Placements: Companies can register for campus placements. Upon being
given a confirmed time and date, they may come to the campus for the placement
Pre-Placement Offers (PPO): Companies can extend a job offer to students before the
on-campus placement. Acceptance of the offer is considered as job placement. In
order to provide a fair opportunity to all, such students are not allowed to participate in the On-Campus placement. These offers may be made on the basis of internships/ training/
projects are undertaken by the students in the said company.
- Future Group
- Lifestyle Group
- Max Retail
- Incredible Technologies
- Meena Bazar
- Vishal Megamart
- Reliance Trends,
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||NIFT Bhubaneswar|
- It is one of the Best Fashion Education Institute in Odisha.
- We would like to give out 3.9 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best NIFT Institute in India.
Opp.KIIT School of Management, Chandaka Industrial Estate,
Contact No: +91-674-2305700,701
Official website: http://www.nift.ac.in/bhubaneswar/
List of Top Colleges in India
Frequently Asked Questions
A. Courses offered at NIFT
> Bachelor of Design – B. Des (Fashion Design / Leather Design /Accessory Design /Textile Design /Knitwear Design /Fashion Communication)
> Bachelor of Fashion Technology – B.F. Tech.
> Master of Design – M. Des.
> Master of Fashion Management – MFM.
> Master of Fashion Technology- M.F. Tech.
A. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a group of fashion colleges in India. It was established in 1986 under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India and is an institution of design, management and technology for the international fashion business.
A. The average pay of a NIFT passout is around Rs 2.50 lakh per annum, while the average salary received by an IIM-A graduate is Rs 6.50 lakh per annum.
A. Aspirants should have completed their Class 12 from a recognised board wherein they have studied subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates should have secured passing marks in their Class 12 exam.
A. If you are applying for B.des, then you can crack the NIFT exam without math and science in 11th and 12th grade. B.F.Tech requires maths to pursue but otherwise, maths is not required to apply for the course or even not relevant to the field.
A. No with 10th qualification your not eligible for NIFT Examination. If your to apply for this examination then you should complete 12th standard then only your eligible for NIFT Examination.
A. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the lowest 10% of full-time fashion design salaries, which includes the salaries of starting designers, averaged less than $32,500 annually as of May 2010, while the upper 10% earned more than $130,890 per year, and the median salary was $64,530 per year.
A. You need at least 50% marks in 12th to become eligible for NIFT entrance exam. Admission in your choice of the institute will depend on your score in the entrance exam which is conducted by NIFT.
A. The program is spread over 8 semesters, with the final semester being based on the candidate’s chosen stream of study.
A. Hi student, Yes you are eligible to give NIFT. Following are the eligibility criteria for taking NIFT 2020 entrance examination: The maximum age allowed for general category candidates as of October 01, 2019, is 23 years.
For any Query related to NIFT 2020, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the NIFT Examination.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!