Organised by National Institute of Fashion Technology, The NIFT Counselling is a single platform that manages and regulates the seat allocation of various courses offered by the NIFT Colleges in India. This allocation is for the admissions in almost 19 affiliated institutes for the candidates who will clear NIFT 2020. These institutes include some of the most excellent professional Fashion Technology Colleges in India like NIFT Delhi and other highly ranked Fashion Technology & Designing Colleges in India. Let us explore different parameters associated with NIFT 2020 Counselling Procedure.
Top Fashion Designing Colleges in Delhi NCR: Click Here
As the counselling process for NIFT 2020 will begin in June, our team has compiled a brief article on the NIFT 2020 Counselling procedure. It has to be noted that NIFT 2020 counselling will be held online and qualified students will have to go through the process of online registration, choice filling, document verification and seat allotment to finally get admitted to a college. Throughout this article, every aspect related to NIFT Counselling 2020 will be covered.
Top 20 Fashion Designing Colleges in India: Click Here
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to NIFT 2020 Admission.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
NIFT Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a Year|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into NIFTs|
|Course Offered||BDes, BFTech, MDes, MFTech, MFM|
|No. of Test Cities||32 cities in India|
|No. of Accepting Colleges||19|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||011-26542000|
|Commencement of online NIFT 2020 application||23rd October 2019|
|Last date of NIFT application form 2020||31st December 2019|
|Deadline for online registration with a late fee of Rs.5000/- (in addition to the applicable fee paid via credit/debit card only)||04th January 2020|
|Window to update/edit NIFT 2020 application form||From 01st January 2020 Saturday (12:00 hrs) till 04th January 2020 Thursday (16:00 hrs)|
|Availability of online admit card of NIFT 2020||10th January 2020 (14:00 hrs)|
|NIFT entrance test 2020 (GAT and CAT)||19th January 2020|
|Release of Answer key||22nd January 2020|
|Last date to submit objection on answer key||24th January 2020|
|NIFT result 2020 declaration||13th March 2020|
|Last date for online registration for foreign nationals/SAARC/NRIs/OCI||15th June 2020 (Extended)|
|Situation Test/Group Discussion/Interview||Postponed|
|Declaration of the final result (online)||End of May/June 2020|
|NIFT counselling process||End of May/June 2020 onwards|
NIFT 2020 Counselling Procedure
National Institute of Fashion Technology popularly known as NIFT is the apex institute for fashion technology in India. The institution was set up in the year 1986 under the guidance of Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. Now the institution runs under a Statutory Institute Governed by the NIFT Act 2006. The authority will conduct NIFT Counselling for the admission of students in fashion technology, and Bachelor in Design programs offered by the 16 campuses of NIFT spread all across the country.
NIFT Counselling Procedure: Step By Step
- NIFT Delhi will conduct counselling of NIFT 2020 in multiple rounds for providing admissions across 19 campuses. The institute will be coordinating with all the colleges for the admission process. For the first round of NIFT counselling 2020, there will not be any registration fee. However, candidates will have to pay Rs.5000 in online mode for registration.
- Candidates will have to enter their credentials like form number, date of birth and password for registration. They should also select a counselling campus from where they will be participating in the NIFT counselling process. On successful registration, candidates will receive a system-generated a letter, SMS and an email on their registered mobile and email IDs.
- Qualified candidates will be required to report at the selected NIFT campus at 9:30 AM for verification of documents and seat allocation on the day of NIFT counselling 2020. They will be called by their merit rank and availability of seat. Candidates can select a seat by clicking on the monitor in the presence of the nodal officer.
- After NIFT 2020 seat allotment, candidates have to pay the full fee immediately at the campus. They will issue an allotment letter/receipt duly signed by the nodal officer of the college. It should be ensured that no candidate leave the NIFT counselling 2020 venue without taking the admission fee receipt.
Top NIFT Colleges in India: Click Here
Admission seekers must keep in mind that on each day of counselling, irrespective of your categories would be called in order of their current merit rank. The process may end up late in the evening on a particular day. Candidates are advised to make their travel and stay plans accordingly. Here are some of the other relevant facts that may help you with the NIFT 2020 Counselling.
Things to Remember
- Candidates belonging to a category other than ‘General’ will have a choice to choose from a seat meant for General Category or from seats reserved for the respective category.
- All candidates of General Category will also have a choice to choose vacant seats available in the NRI category as “Children/Ward of NRI” in order of their merit in the first round of counselling.
- Seats under NRI Category will not be allotted in the 2nd round.
- Candidates who may be inclined to choose a seat under the category of “Children/Ward of NRI” in order of their merit against a regularly available seat in any Course/Campus are advised to come prepared with requisite documents and demand draft of Rs.7,61,800/- (Rupees Seven lakh sixty-one thousand eight hundred only).
- All candidates having a Common Merit Rank may register themselves for Counselling for Admissions 2020. However, registration of any candidate for the Counselling process does not ensure admissions to NIFT. It merely gives the candidate the right to participate in the Counselling process.
The programme wise Counselling Schedule for allocation of seats is given Below.
NIFT Counselling 2020 Important Dates
|Start of round 1 of NIFT 2020 counselling||Fourth week of May to the first week of June 2020|
|Registration for round 2||Third to the fourth week of July 2020|
|Round 2 of NIFT counselling 2020||Fourth week of July 2020|
NIFT 2020 Counselling Fee (Non-NRI/Regular Seat)
The student must carry a Demand Draft for Rs. 1,26,900/- (Rs.One lakh Twenty Six thousand Nine hundred only) on account of the fee for a regular seat for the 1st Semester, drawn in favour of the NIFT HO payable at the city of the Counselling (for example: in case you are attending the Counselling at NIFT Patna, DD should be made in favour of “NIFT-HO” Payable at Patna). The breakup of the fee is as under:
|S.No||FEES STRUCTURE – 1st Semester (in Rs.)||Amount|
|1.||Tuition Fees (Non-Refundable)||97800/-|
|2.||Library Fee (Per Year)(Non-Refundable)||6400/-|
|3.||Mediclaim & Student Development Fee (Per Year) (Nonrefundable)||3200/-|
|4.||Exam Fee (Per Year)||3200/-|
|5.||Security Deposit (One Time)(Refundable)||8200/-|
|6.||Registration Fee (One Time)||8100/-|
Loan Facility: For education loan facility, the candidate may approach any branch of Union Bank of India located in any city.
Withdrawal of Allotted Seat and Refund of Fee
A candidate, who has taken admission once and then withdraws, will not be considered for admission during the subsequent round of counselling. In case the candidate, who has taken admissions but would like to cancel his / her allotted seat, may seek for the refund of fee. For this, he/she will have to report personally for withdrawal and refund at the same Campus where admission was obtained. Refund rules shall be applicable as per the following norms:
|Time||Amount refunded||NRI/SAARC/Foreign/ National candidates|
|On or before 17th July 2020||Full fee except for the Registration Fee||Full fee except for 50% tuition
fee and Registration Fee
|After 17th July 2020 but before the date of start of last round of Counselling||Full fee except for 50% tuition fee
and Registration Fee
|On or after the date of start of last round of counselling||* Only Security Deposit|
List of Documents and Annexures Required for NIFT 2020 Counselling
At the time of reporting for counselling/admission, the candidate shall produce the original certificates with a set of photocopies duly attested by a Gazetted Officer or from Principal of
School/College last attended or self-attested. If the candidate is granted admission, the photocopies of the documents will be retained by the Counselling Campus, and the original documents will be returned after due verification by the Campus Director. The details of the documents are as under:
- System generated letter/e-mail received by the candidate.
- Photograph (2 Passport & 4 Stamp Size).
- Certificate of having passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Certificate of having passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination, showing the subjects offered by him/her in the examination. Physics, Chemistry and Math for B.F. Tech.
- Certificate from the Board from which he/she passed the High School/Higher Secondary Examination.
- Certificate from the prescribed authority showing that he/she belongs to a Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/OBC (Non-Creamy) category. (Applicable only to candidates belonging to
Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ OBC (Non-Creamy) category).
- Semester Fee – Demand Draft of Rs. 1,26,900/- (Non-NRI) drawn in favour of the NIFT HO payable at the city of the Counselling
- Copy of 12th class School Leaving Certificate(for domicile seats only)
- Valid PWD Certificate
- Copy of 1st, 2nd & 3rd-year graduation mark sheet/ self-attested copy of final year appearing certificate (For Master Programmes)
- Undertaking for the candidate seeking provisional admission
- Undertaking from the students, as per provisions of anti-Ragging.
- Undertaking about Eligibility, Fee and Refund.
- Medical Fitness Certificate in the prescribed format.
- Form for withdrawal of Admission.
- An authorisation letter from the candidate who is not in the position to attend in person.
Check NIFT College Predictor: Click Here
Note:- Annexures are also available at NIFT website nift.nic.in. Candidates are required to print and submit filled-in forms duly at the time of Counselling.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. What are the courses in NIFT?
A. Courses offered at NIFT
> Bachelor of Design – B. Des (Fashion Design / Leather Design /Accessory Design /Textile Design /Knitwear Design /Fashion Communication)
> Bachelor of Fashion Technology – B.F. Tech.
> Master of Design – M. Des.
> Master of Fashion Management – MFM.
> Master of Fashion Technology- M.F. Tech.
Q. What is meant by NIFT?
A. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a group of fashion colleges in India. It was established in 1986 under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India and is an institution of design, management and technology for the international fashion business.
Q. What is the salary of NIFT graduates?
A. The average pay of a NIFT passout is around Rs 2.50 lakh per annum, while the average salary received by an IIM-A graduate is Rs 6.50 lakh per annum.
Q. Can I join NIFT after 12?
A. Aspirants should have completed their Class 12 from a recognised board wherein they have studied subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates should have secured passing marks in their Class 12 exam.
Q. Is maths compulsory for NIFT?
A. If you are applying for B.des, then you can crack the NIFT exam without math and science in 11th and 12th grade. B.F.Tech requires maths to pursue but otherwise, maths is not required to apply for the course or even not relevant to the field.
Q. Can we join NIFT after 10th?
A. No with 10th qualification your not eligible for NIFT Examination. If your to apply for this examination then you should complete 12th standard then only your eligible for NIFT Examination.
Q. What is the monthly income of fashion designers?
A. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the lowest 10% of full-time fashion design salaries, which includes the salaries of starting designers, averaged less than $32,500 annually as of May 2010, while the upper 10% earned more than $130,890 per year, and the median salary was $64,530 per year.
Q. How much percentage is required for NIFT?
A. You need at least 50% marks in 12th to become eligible for NIFT entrance exam. Admission in your choice of the institute will depend on your score in the entrance exam which is conducted by NIFT.
Q. How many semesters are there in NIFT?
A. The program is spread over 8 semesters, with the final semester being based on the candidate’s chosen stream of study.
Q. Can arts student apply for NIFT?
A. Hi student, Yes you are eligible to give NIFT. Following are the eligibility criteria for taking NIFT 2020 entrance examination: The maximum age allowed for general category candidates as of October 01, 2019, is 23 years.
List of Top Colleges in India
For any Query related to NIFT 2020 notification, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the NIFT Examination.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!
Abroad Admission 2020
- UPES Dehradun Application Form 2020 Closing Soon Apply Now
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application Form Apply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Form Open Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Apply Now
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
UPES Dehradun 2020 Application Closing Soon Apply Now