Attention Aspirants, the NIFT Authority has recently advertised a notification to fill the application form for the next round of admission in 16 National Institute of Fashion Technology Colleges in India. Throughout the article, we will discuss the NIFT 2019 Eligibility Criteria. Get updated information on Age, Nationality, Reservation and Educational Qualification before filling up the form of NIFT 2019.
NIFT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
National Institute of Fashion Technology popularly known as NIFT is the apex institute for fashion technology in India. The institution was set up in the year 1986 under the guidance of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. Now the institution runs under a Statutory Institute Governed by the NIFT Act 2006. The authority will conduct NIFT Entrance exam 2019 Admission test for the admission of students in fashion technology and Bachelor in Design programs offered by the 16 campuses of NIFT spread all across the country. Before we go deep with the information, let us first have a look at the Major Features of the National Institute of Fashion Technology 2019 Admission notification.
NIFT 2019 Brief Description
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)|
|Name of the Exam||NIFT 2019 Admission Test|
|Online Application Starts From||22 October 2018|
|Last Date to Apply||28 December 2018|
|Written Entrance Examination for all UG & PG Programmes||20 January 2019|
|Application Fee||General/OBC (Non-Creamy) – Rs. 2000/- |
SC/ST/PWD/ExSM – Rs. 1000/-
|How to apply||Online|
|Declaration of Final Result (Online)||May/June 2019|
|Counselling||End of May/June 2019|
The entrance exam is conducted one time in a year. The aspirant can check details about NIFT 2019 including the eligibility criteria, age, qualification, nationality and programs offered below.
NIFT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Here is the updated eligibility criteria for the NIFT entrance exam 2019.
|Bachelor of Design – B.Des. (Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication)||The aspirant must have the 12th level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi. |
General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
A passing grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
|Maximum age limit 23 years as on 1st October 2017. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Person With Disability (PWD)|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production) (B.FTech.)||-Same as Mentioned above-||-Same as Mentioned above-|
|M.Des (Master of Design)||Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any Institute / University recognized by law in India |
Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
|No Age limit.|
|M.F.M (Master of Fashion Management)||-Same as Mentioned above-||-Same as Mentioned above-|
|M.F.Tech. (Master of Fashion Technology)||B.F.Tech. from NIFT |
B.E / B.Tech. from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
|NO upper age limit.|
- Citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Caste Criteria NIFT 2019 exam:
- Candidate’s seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC shall have to produce a certificate in the prescribed proforma ONLY, meant for appointment to posts under the Government of India from the designated authority indicating clearly the candidate’s case, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognised as SC/ST/OBC and the Village/Town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of. They must also ensure that the name of their caste/community and its spelling in their caste/community certificate should be exactly as mentioned in the lists notified by the central government from time to time (for OBC category list of castes recognized by the Govt. of India as OBC castes in the central list is available on the site http://www.ncbc.nic.in, for ST category the list caste for each state is available on the site www.ncst.nic.in and for SC category the list of castes for each state is available on the site http://www.socialjustice.nic.in). A certificate containing any variation in the caste name will not be accepted.
- Further, the OBC certificate should also clearly indicate that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer as defined by the Government of India for applying to posts and services under the Central Government.
- The OBC claim of a candidate will be determined in relation to the State (or part of the State) to which his/her father originally belongs. A candidate who has migrated from one State (or part of the State) to another should, therefore, produce an OBC certificate which should have been issued to him/her based on his/her father’s OBC certificate from the State to which he (father) originally belongs.
- No change in the community status already indicated in the online application by a candidate for this examination will be allowed.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of document verification
NIFT 2019 Seats Reservation
|Person With Disability (PWD)||5% Horizontal reservation for Person With Disability (PWD) (with 40% or more disability) cutting across all sections i.e. SCs, STs, OBCs Non-Creamy and General category. Campus and programme will be allotted on rotation, at NIFT’s discretion.|
|Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI||15% (supernumerary)|
|State Domicile||20% (supernumerary)|
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to 2019 NIFT Admission Notification.
|Download NIFT 2019 Official Bulletin (PDF)||Click Here|
|NIFT 2019 Entrance Exam: Admission Prospectus||Click Here|
|NIFT 2019 Exam Sample Paper| Model Paper for NIFT 2019||Click Here|
|All NIFT Colleges Intake Capacity| Courses| Campus||Click Here|
|Download NIFT Previous Year Question Papers (2012-2016) ||Click Here|
|NIFT 2019 Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure||Click Here|
|Expected & Previous Year NIFT Cut off||Click Here|
|Updated NIFT Exam 2019 Syllabus||Click Here|
|Download NIFT 2019 Entrance Exam Admit Card||Click Here|
|Best Books for NIFT Examination 2019||Click Here|
|Top NIFT Colleges in India: Edufever Ranking 2019-20||Click Here|
For any Query related to NIFT 2019 notification, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the NIFT Examination.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!