Attention Aspirants, the notification for National Institute of Fashion Technology Admission 2020 (NIFT 2020) entrance exam is published. Those who want to appear for NIFT 2020 entrance exam need to visit the official website and apply for NIFT 2020 Application Form until 31st December 2019.
Hope you all will apply for the exam and now you all are looking to take admission in NIFT. If you want to score high in National Institute of Fashion Technology 2020 and to seem to have a better preparation strategy, then you are in the right place. This post will let you know about the NIFT 2020 Admission, Syllabus, CutOff, Preparation tips, Counselling Schedule, Result declaration, Datesheet etc. Have a look.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to NIFT 2020 Admission.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
National Institute of Fashion Technology 2020
National Institute of Fashion Technology popularly known as NIFT is the apex institute for fashion technology in India. The institution was set up in the year 1986 under the guidance of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. Now the institution runs under a Statutory Institute Governed by the NIFT Act 2006. The authority will conduct NIFT Entrance exam 2020 for the admission of students in fashion technology and Bachelor in Design programs offered by the 19 campuses of NIFT spread all across the country.
Before we go deep with the information, let us first have a look at the Major Features of the National Institute of Fashion Technology 2020 Admission notification.
Top Fashion Designing Colleges in Delhi NCR: Click Here
WHY Choose NIFT Exam?
Before going deep, let us have a look at some of the salient features of NIFT Entrance Exam 2020, which will give you the answer why choose this Entrance Exam.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a group of fashion colleges in India and considered among the best in India.
- NIFT is the apex organisation in India for those who have an interest in fashion designing.
- A bachelorette of PG degree from NIFT will help you to find a career in fashion design, management and technology for the national/international fashion business.
- NIFT offers 4-year UG, as well as two-year post-graduate, programmes in the areas of design, management, and technology
Top 20 Fashion Designing Colleges in India: Click Here
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about NIFT Admission Test 2020. Let us first have a brief look at the Vacancy, Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of NIFT Entrance Exam 2020.
Top NIFT Colleges in India: Click Here
NIFT Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a Year|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into NIFTs|
|Course Offered||BDes, BFTech, MDes, MFTech, MFM|
|No. of Test Cities||32 cities in India|
|No. of Accepting Colleges||19|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||011-26542000|
|Commencement of online NIFT 2020 application||23rd October 2019|
|Last date of NIFT application form 2020||31st December 2019|
|Deadline for online registration with a late fee of Rs.5000/- (in addition to the applicable fee paid via credit/debit card only)||04th January 2020|
|Window to update/edit NIFT 2020 application form||From 01st January 2020 Saturday (12:00 hrs) till 04th January 2020 Thursday (16:00 hrs)|
|Availability of online admit card of NIFT 2020||10th January 2020 (14:00 hrs)|
|NIFT entrance test 2020 (GAT and CAT)||19th January 2020|
|Release of Answer key||22nd January 2020|
|Last date to submit objection on answer key||24th January 2020|
|NIFT result 2020 declaration||13th March 2020|
|Last date for online registration for foreign nationals/SAARC/NRIs/OCI||15th June 2020 (Extended)|
|Situation Test/Group Discussion/Interview||Postponed|
|Declaration of the final result (online)||End of May/June 2020|
|NIFT counselling process||End of May/June 2020 onwards|
The entrance exam is conducted one time in a year. The aspirant can check details about NIFT 2020 including the eligibility criteria, age, qualification, nationality and programs offered below.
Here are the updated eligibility criteria for the candidates applying Bachelor of Design – B.Des. in the NIFT entrance exam 2020
Maximum age limit 23 years as on 1st October 2019. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Person With Disability (PWD)
- The aspirant must have the 12th level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognised Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi. OR
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB). OR
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or foreign countries recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system. OR
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects. OR
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
To Know complete details about NIFT eligibility criteria like Age, Nationality, Relaxation etc. for various programmes Click Here
How to Apply for NIFT 2020?
One should follow these simple steps to apply for the NIFT 2020 Admission form.
- One has to visit the official website of NIFT (Click here).
- Click on the apply online or register
- Fill the personal details carefully.
- After Filling the personal detail, one has to select the subject for which He/She is applying.
- Upload the photo and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Save the Application form for future use.
NIFT 2020 Application Fee
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges (Non- Refundable):
|GEN/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||Rs. 2000/-|
|SC/ST/PWD Category||Rs. 1000/-|
Mode of Payment
- Online Banking
- Bank Demand Draft
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- Staff candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee and intimation charges.
- Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
- Demand draft should be issued in favour of “NIFT HO” payable at New Delhi. A candidate who is going to opt DD for fee payment is required to send the duly completed application along with DD to the following address:
All India Management Association Management House,
14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
Weightage of Exam
|Bachelor of Design||CAT||50%|
|Master of Design||CAT||40%|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology||GAT||100%|
|Master of Fashion Technology||GAT||70%|
|Master of Fashion Management||GAT||70%|
The NIFT 2020 Entrance exam will be held in 32 cities across the country. Students will be given a chance to choose their preferred exam centres at the time of filling the NIFT 2020 Application form. The list of the exam centres of NIFT are given in the table below.
The written exam is the ladder to your success and scoring great is the only way to which you can make it to the institute. Let us find out the selection procedure for this very prestigious examination.
- Written Exam (CAT & GAT)
- Situation Test
- Group Discussion / Interview
1st Stage: NIFT 2020 written Examination
The very first stage of your dream job is to score great in the written examination. Here aspirants must keep in mind that the written examination will be offline and will consist of the following parameters.
Exam Pattern For B.Des Courses GAT:
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||15|
The duration of NIFT GAT is 120 minutes for BDes & MDes course.
NIFT 2020 Exam Pattern for M.Des courses:
|Sections||No. of Questions|
To know more in full detail Click Here
The NIFT Entrance exam 2020 is an offline objective written test. The questions related to Reasoning, General Logical Ability, Maths and General Knowledge will be asked. The nature of the questions will be objective, and for each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
Candidates seeking NIFT admissions in BDes programmes offered at NIFT need to appear for GAT exam. This test comprises of the below-mentioned sections:
- Quantitative Ability
- Communication Ability
- English Comprehension
- Analytical Ability
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
English Language Syllabus
|S.No||Topics||Weightage||Types of Questions to be asked|
|1.||Reading Comprehension||10 Questions (1 Passage)||The passage will focus on topics like Banking & Economy, Business, Social Issues etc.|
|2.||Grammar (Error Spotting, Phrase Replacement, Fill in the Blanks)||5 Questions||Error Spotting, Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction, Fill in the Blanks|
|3.||Vocabulary (Cloze Test, Fill in the Blanks, Error Spotting, Phrase Replacement)||10 Questions||Error Spotting, Phrase Replacement, Cloze Test (single passage with 5-10 questions), Fill in the Blanks (Double Blanks).|
|4.||Verbal Ability (Para Jumbles)||5 Questions||Para Jumbles|
To know detailed NIFT Syllabus Click Here
Candidates preparing for the exam are getting tensed about the Study Materials and Books required to crack the Exam. But if your preparation is sufficient and you are working with proper planning, then you can quickly clear the cut-off. All you need is these Best Books for NIFT 2020 Exam. Below we have mentioned some top recommended books for NIFT 2020.
For full detail Click Here
There is given below Important Tips related to NIFT 2020
- Firstly, know all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Practice mock test & previous year question papers.
- Make a proper time-table for your preparations.
- Consider the good preparation of books and study materials.
- Consider the good preparation of books and study materials.
- Stay stress-free & healthy while preparing for exams.
Check How to prepare for the NIFT Exam: Click Here
The admit card for the NIFT 2020 has been released on 10th of January 2020. The Admit Card or commonly known as Call Later can be download from the official website. The admit card is the mandatory document to carry during the Exam hall at the time of written examination. If a candidate fails to show His/Her NIFT 2020 Admit Card at the time of the written exam, then he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the test. You can follow these steps to download the admit card for NIFT 2020 Entrance examination.
- Visit the NIFT entrance exam official website
- Click on NIFT Admit Card tab/link
For full details Click Here
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Result was declared on 13th March 2020. The result will release online on the website. Students can Cheak their results by entering their roll number, and other required details are given below.
Check Your NIFT Result: Click Here
Aspirants need to follow the below given important Steps for NIFT 2020
- Go to the official website of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT).
- Click on “NIFT Result” tab/link mentioned on the official website.
- Enter any two details from – Roll number, date of birth and application number.
- Click on the Submit button.
- View result and download NIFT scorecard.
Check NIFT Answer Key: Click Here
It is expected that this year a total of 3547 seats will be offered across B.Des and B.F.Tech programmes. Check out the comprehensive list of the total number of seats available in different B.Design for the academic year 2020-21. Let us first have a brief look at the courses offered and intake capacity of each participating institutes in the National Institute of Fashion Technology 2020 Entrance exam.
|Programmes||B.Des. Programmes||Total Seats|
|Bachelor of Design (B.Design)||Knitwear Design||210|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.FTech)||Apparel Production||360|
NIFT 2020 Reservation Seat
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC) Non-Creamy||27%|
|A person with Disability (PWD)||5%|
|Differently Abled Person (PHP)||3% Horizontal reservation for Differently Abled Person (having 40% or more disability)|
|Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI||15% (Supernumerary)|
|State Domicile||20% (supernumerary)|
|State Domicile in Jammu & Kashmir||35 % within 30 seats|
Check NIFT College Pridictor: Click Here
Hauz Khas, Near Gulmohar Park,
New Delhi – 110 016,
Tel: +91-11-26542000 Fax: +91-11-26535890,
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A. Courses offered at NIFT
> Bachelor of Design – B. Des (Fashion Design / Leather Design /Accessory Design /Textile Design /Knitwear Design /Fashion Communication)
> Bachelor of Fashion Technology – B.F. Tech.
> Master of Design – M. Des.
> Master of Fashion Management – MFM.
> Master of Fashion Technology- M.F. Tech.
A. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a group of fashion colleges in India. It was established in 1986 under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India and is an institution of design, management and technology for the international fashion business.
A. The average pay of a NIFT passout is around Rs 2.50 lakh per annum, while the average salary received by an IIM-A graduate is Rs 6.50 lakh per annum.
A. Aspirants should have completed their Class 12 from a recognised board wherein they have studied subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates should have secured passing marks in their Class 12 exam.
A. If you are applying for B.des, then you can crack the NIFT exam without math and science in 11th and 12th grade. B.F.Tech requires maths to pursue but otherwise, maths is not required to apply for the course or even not relevant to the field.
A. No with 10th qualification your not eligible for NIFT Examination. If your to apply for this examination then you should complete 12th standard then only your eligible for NIFT Examination.
A. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the lowest 10% of full-time fashion design salaries, which includes the salaries of starting designers, averaged less than $32,500 annually as of May 2010, while the upper 10% earned more than $130,890 per year, and the median salary was $64,530 per year.
A. You need at least 50% marks in 12th to become eligible for NIFT entrance exam. Admission in your choice of the institute will depend on your score in the entrance exam which is conducted by NIFT.
A. The program is spread over 8 semesters, with the final semester being based on the candidate’s chosen stream of study.
A. Hi student, Yes you are eligible to give NIFT. Following are the eligibility criteria for taking NIFT 2020 entrance examination: The maximum age allowed for general category candidates as of October 01, 2019, is 23 years.
List of Top Colleges in India
For any Query related to NIFT 2020 notification, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the NIFT Examination.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!
Abroad Admission 2020
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application FormApply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Form Open Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Apply Now
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers