National Institute of Fashion Technology Gandhinagar (NIFT Gandhinagar) is one of the leading fashion institutes in Gujrat. The college was founded in the year 2004 and is maintained and regulated by the Ministry of Textiles (Government of India).
NIFT Gandhinagar offers four years full-time undergraduate course in Bachelor of Fashion Design, Bachelor of Accessory Design and Bachelor of Textile Design.
Throughout the article, We are going to share all the essential details about NIFT Gandhinagar like Facilities, Courses, Admission Process, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, NEET Cutoff, Result, Placement, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
National Institute of Fashion Technology Gandhinagar
|Name of Institute||National Institute of Fashion Technology Gandhinagar|
|Popular Name||NIFT Gandhinagar, NIFT Gujrat|
|Location||Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat|
|Year of Establishment||2004|
|Affiliated with||Statutory Autonomous|
|Approved by||Ministry of Textiles, Government of India|
|Courses offered||B.Des, B.F.Tech, MFM, M.Des|
|Category||National Institute of Fashion Technology|
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to NIFT 2020 Admission.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Statutory Autonomous
- Approved by: Ministry of Textiles, Government of India
- Aid Status: Government
- Anti Ragging
- Technical Issues
- Design Studio
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Convenience Store
NIFT Gandhinagar Courses Offered
|Fashion Design (FD)||30||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology BFT (Apparel Production)||30||4 Years|
|Accessory Design (AD)||30||4 Years|
|Textile Design (TD)||30||4 Years|
|Fashion Communication (FC)||30||4 Years|
|Master of Fashion Management (MFM)||30||2 Years|
|Master of Fashion Technology (MFT)||25||2 Years|
NIFT Admission Process
- One can apply to the college through their NIFT Entrance Exam conducted by the authority.
- Applying must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
- The aspirant must have the 12th level examination in the pattern of examination of any recognised Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or foreign countries recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- A passing grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognised by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Maximum age limit 23 years as on 1st October 2019. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Person With Disability (PWD)
- Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any Institute / University recognised by law in India
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
- B.F.Tech. from NIFT
- B.E / B.Tech. from any Institute / University recognised by law in India.
Age Limit:- No Age Limit
NIFT Gandhinagar Fee Structure
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year|
|1 Sem||2 Sem||3 Sem||4 Sem||5 Sem||6 Sem||7 Sem||8 Sem|
|Tuition Fee (Non-Refundable)||112450||112450||123700||123700||136100||136100||149700||149700|
|Library fee (per year) (non-refundable)||7400||0||8100||0||8900||0||9800||0|
|Mediclaim & Student Development Fee (Per Year) (Non-Refundable)||3700||0||4000||0||4500||0||4900||0|
|Exam Fee (Per Year)||3700||0||4000||0||4500||0||4900||0|
|One Time Payments|
|Security Deposit (One Time) (Refundable)||9400||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Alumni Association Membership Fee (One Time) (Non-Refundable)*||0||0||0||0||0||0||4600||0|
|Registration Fee (One Time)||9300||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Fee Structure for NRI Students
|Academic Fee Annually for NRI (Per year – consisting of two semesters) (In Rupees)|
|Tuition Fee (Non-Refundable)||712200||747800||781700||859800|
|Library Fee (Per Year) (Non-Refundable)||41200||43200||45100||49600|
|Mediclaim & Student Development Fee (Per Year) (Non-Refundable)||26400||27700||28900||31800|
|Exam Fee (Per Year)||3700||4000||4500||4900|
|One Time Payments|
|Security Deposit (One Time) (Refundable)||9400||0||0||0|
|Alumni Association Membership Fee (One Time) (Non-Refundable)*||0||0||0||4600|
|Registration Fee (One Time)||9300||0||0||0|
- NIFT reserves the right to revise the above-mentioned fees for any academic year.
- For students admitted to two-year masters course, the fee has to be paid only for two years i.e 2020-21 & 2021-22. * For PG Students, it will be in 3rd Semester
- One time payments for NRI Candidates have been kept at par with the Non-NRI Candidates
|Campus||For Girls||For Boys||Remarks|
|NIFT Gandhinagar||106 [95 Double & 11 Single]||N/A||–|
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
NIFT Gandhinagar Cutoff
NIFT Gandhinagar Merit Rank 2019
|Course||General||SC||ST||OBC (Non – Creamy)||General ‐EWS||PWD ‐ General||NRI/Ward of NRI|
NIFT 2018 cut off
|S.No||Name of the Programmes||Merit Rank|
|1||Accessory Design||Click Here|
|2||Fashion Design||Click Here|
|3||Knitwear Design||Click Here|
|4||Leather Design||Click Here|
|5||Textile Design||Click Here|
|6||Fashion Communication||Click Here|
NIFT Gandhinagar Placement
The National Institute of Fashion Technology has a centralized placement process. Companies can employ students from any campus or course of the institute through two routes which are facilitated by the Institute.
- On-Campus Placements: Companies can register for campus placements. Upon being
given a confirmed time and date, they may come to the campus for the placement
- Pre-Placement Offers (PPO): Companies can extend a job offer to students before the on-campus placement. Acceptance of the offer is considered as job placement. In order to provide a fair opportunity to all, such students are not allowed to participate in the On-Campus placement. These offers may be made on the basis of internships/ training/ projects are undertaken by the students in the said company.
NIFT Campus Placements was held at 07 Campuses of NIFT New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad. A total of 401 companies were registered for campus placements offering 2011 job vacancies across various programs/campuses in which total of 1709 students registered for placements during campus placements at these placement venues, of which 1470 students got placed.
- Future Group
- Lifestyle Group
- Max Retail
- Incredible Technologies
- Meena Bazar
- Vishal Megamart
- Reliance Trends,
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||NIFT Gandhinagar|
- It is one of the Best Fashion Education Institute in Gandhinagar.
- Ranked 8th for Fashion Design by India Today 2017
- We would like to give out 3.8 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best NIFT Institute in India.
NIFT Campus, GH-O Road, Behind Info City
Near DAIICT, Gandhinagar – 382 007 Gujarat
Contact No: +91-79-23240832, 23240834
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Official Website: https://www.nift.ac.in/gandhinagar/
List of Top Colleges in India
Frequently Asked Questions
A. Courses offered at NIFT
> Bachelor of Design – B. Des (Fashion Design / Leather Design /Accessory Design /Textile Design /Knitwear Design /Fashion Communication)
> Bachelor of Fashion Technology – B.F. Tech.
> Master of Design – M. Des.
> Master of Fashion Management – MFM.
> Master of Fashion Technology- M.F. Tech.
A. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a group of fashion colleges in India. It was established in 1986 under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India and is an institution of design, management and technology for the international fashion business.
A. The average pay of a NIFT passout is around Rs 2.50 lakh per annum, while the average salary received by an IIM-A graduate is Rs 6.50 lakh per annum.
A. Aspirants should have completed their Class 12 from a recognised board wherein they have studied subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates should have secured passing marks in their Class 12 exam.
A. If you are applying for B.des, then you can crack the NIFT exam without math and science in 11th and 12th grade. B.F.Tech requires maths to pursue but otherwise, maths is not required to apply for the course or even not relevant to the field.
A. No with 10th qualification your not eligible for NIFT Examination. If your to apply for this examination then you should complete 12th standard then only your eligible for NIFT Examination.
A. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the lowest 10% of full-time fashion design salaries, which includes the salaries of starting designers, averaged less than $32,500 annually as of May 2010, while the upper 10% earned more than $130,890 per year, and the median salary was $64,530 per year.
A. You need at least 50% marks in 12th to become eligible for NIFT entrance exam. Admission in your choice of the institute will depend on your score in the entrance exam which is conducted by NIFT.
A. The program is spread over 8 semesters, with the final semester being based on the candidate’s chosen stream of study.
A. Hi student, Yes you are eligible to give NIFT. Following are the eligibility criteria for taking NIFT 2020 entrance examination: The maximum age allowed for general category candidates as of October 01, 2019, is 23 years.
For any Query related to NIFT 2020, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the NIFT Examination.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply