From the past couple of years, the craze of subjects other than Medical or Engineering has grown to many folds. Those days are gone when students usually prefer Engineering or Medical studies. Now our crowd is more concern about other career choices. Fashion Technology is one such field. A candidate who is interested in pursuing Graduate, Diploma in Fashion Designing and Fashion Technology etc from Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology need to clear NIIFT 2020. The NIIFT Joint Entrance Examination 2020 is a national-level Joint entrance exam conducted by NIIFT Authority for admission in different NIIFT Colleges in India.
Those who want to appear for NIIFT 2020 entrance exam need to visit the official website and apply for NIIFT 2020 Application Form. If you want to score great in NIIFT 2020 and looking to have a better preparation strategy, then you are in the right place. This post will let you know about the NIIFT 2020 Admission Process, Syllabus, CutOff, Preparation tips, Counselling Schedule, Result declaration, Datesheet etc. Have a look.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to NIIFT 2020 Admission.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Previous Year Paper||Sample Paper||Admit Card|
NIIFT Entrance Examination 2020 (NIIFT 2020)
Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT) was established in the year 1992 by the Government of Punjab to develop manpower in different disciplines of Fashion Engineering & Technology. Now the Institute has become one of the premier institutes to pursue various Fashion Designing and Fashion Technology Courses in India. Before we go deep with the information, let us first have a look at the Major Features of the NIIFT Entrance Examination 2020 Admission notification.
|Name of College||Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology, Mohali|
|Basic admission criteria||Entrance based|
|Entrance exam||College-level entrance exam|
As NIIFT 2020 expected datasheet for the academic year 2020 is not yet passed so here is the expected datasheet for the Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Exam 2020.
|Conducting Body||Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT)|
|Name of the Exam||NIIFT Joint Entrance Examination, NIIFT 2020|
|Commencement of online application form||January 15, 2020|
|Last date for sale and receipt of filled-in application form||July 20, 2020|
|Admit Card issue date||To be notified soon|
|Date of examination||To be notified soon|
|Result Declaration||To be notified soon|
|Admission Starts from||To be notified soon|
The aspirant can check details about NIIFT 2020 including the application form, exam pattern, exam dates, syllabus and preparation tips below.
Why Choose NIIFT 2020?
Let us have a look at some of the salient features of NIIFT 2020 Exam, which will give you the answer why choose this Entrance Exam.
- Through NIIFT 2020, one can take admission in some of the Best Fashion Technology Education in India.
- The successful candidate of NIIFT Entrance Examination 2020 will have a chance to pursue B.Sc (FD/ FDK/ TD), M.Sc (GMT/ FMT), M.Des. courses in Fashion Technology.
- The candidate who is looking for his/her career in Fashion Designing & Technology is one of the best places to do so.
- Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT) conduct entrance exam through Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about NIIFT Admission Test 2020. Let us first have a brief look at the Vacancy, Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of NIIFT 2020 Exam.
Here are the updated eligibility criteria for the NIIFT 2020 Entrance examination.
B.Sc. (Fashion Design / Textile Design / Fashion Design (Knits))
Maximum age limit 23 years as on 1st October 2019. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Person With Disability (PWD)
- The aspirant must have the 12th level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi. OR
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB). OR
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system. OR
- A passing grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects. OR
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Note: The official website informs, “85% seats will be reserved for the candidates from within the Punjab State and 15% will be open to candidates on All India basis.”
To know more about NIIFT 2020 Entrance Examination eligibility criteria like Age, Nationality, Relaxation etc, Click Here
How to Apply
One should follow these simple steps to apply for the NIIFT 2020 Admission form.
- One has to visit the official website of NIIFT (Click here).
- Click on the apply online or register
- Fill the personal details carefully.
- After Filling the personal detail, one has to select the subject for which He/She is applying.
- Upload the photo and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Save the Application form for future use.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges (Non- Refundable):
|Category||Fee for all courses except M.Des F&T||Fees for M.Des F&T|
|GEN/OBC (Non-Creamy layer)||Rs. 1750/-||Rs. 550/-|
|SC/ST/PWD Category||Rs. 440/-||Rs. 200/-|
Mode of Payment
- Debit/Credit/Net Banking
- Online Banking
- Bank Demand Draft- Fill the form online and send a printout of filled-in form along with a photograph pasted on it and demand draft ( if applicable ) to
The Manager CMS, All India
Management Association, 15, Link Road, Lajpat Nagar,
Part-III, New Delhi -110024
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- Staff candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee and intimation charges.
- Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
The exam centres of NIIFT entrance exam 2020 details are out. The NIIFT entrance exam is scheduled to be conducted in six cities across India. Given below are the NIIFT entrance exam 2020 centres with their respective codes:
|NIIFT Entrance Exam City||NIIFT Entrance Exam Centre Code|
Note: NIIFT owns the right to shift or cancel any of the above exam centres, which will be informed on the official website.
The written exam is the ladder to your success and scoring great is the only way to which you can make it to the institute. Admission to various Diploma, Postgraduate and undergraduate programs are made through central counselling based on the score of NIIFT 2020 Entrance examination. Admission is based on academic record and performance in the Joint Entrance Examination conducted by NIIFT. Let us find out the selection procedure for this very prestigious examination.
- Written Examination.
- Situation Test
- Personal Interview
The weightage given to each parameter in NIIFT admissions 2020 is mentioned in the table below:
|NIIFT entrance test for UG courses||3 Hours||60%|
|NIIFT situation test||–||20%|
The very first stage of your dream college is to score great in the written examination. Here aspirants must keep in mind that the written examination will be offline in nature and will be conducted in 3 hours. The paper pattern for UG design courses will be divided into five sections – Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability, English Comprehension, Analytical Ability, and Creative Ability.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
To know full detailed NIIFT Exam Pattern Click Here
The NIIFT JEE Entrance exam 2020 is an offline objective written test. The questions related to Reasoning, General Logical Ability, Maths and General Knowledge will be asked. The nature of the questions will be objective in nature and for each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded. One can read and download the complete updated NIIFT Syllabus 2020 by clicking here.
The subjects for UG design courses are –
- Quantitative Ability
- Communication Ability
- English Comprehension
- Analytical Ability
- Creative Ability
Candidates preparing for the exam are getting tensed about the Study Materials and Books required to crack the Exam. But if your preparation is effective and you are working with proper planning then you can easily clear the cut-off. All you need is these Best Books for NIIFT 2020 Exam.
There is given below Important Tips related to NIIFT 2020
- Firstly, know all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Practice mock test & previous year question papers.
- Make a proper time-table for your preparations.
- Consider the good preparation of books and study materials.
- Consider the good preparation of books and study materials.
- Stay stress-free & healthy while preparing for exams.
The admit card for the NIIFT 2020 will be released online soon. The Admit Card or commonly known as Call Later can be download from the official website. The admit card is the mandatory document to carry during the Exam hall at the time of written examination. If a candidate fails to show His/Her NIIFT 2020 Admit Card at the time of the written exam, then he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the test. You can follow these steps to download the admit card for NIIFT Entrance examination.
To know the full details Click Here
Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT) Result will be declared soon. The result will release online on the website. Students can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details are given below.
Aspirants need to follow the below given important Steps for NIIFT 2020.
- Go to the official website of the Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT).
- Click on “NIIFT Result” tab/link mentioned on the official website.
- Enter any two details from – Roll number, date of birth and application number.
- Click on Submit button.
- View result and download NIIFT scorecard.
- A list of eligible candidate for counselling will be made before the counselling, (based on factors like- 10+2 marks, NIIFT score, reservation, relaxation etc).
- The authority will publish the counselling day and one has to register to the official site before participating in central counselling.
- The candidates have to fill up their choice of colleges in which they wish to seek admission.
- Finally, on the counselling day, the seats are allotted to the candidates.
- The candidates can lock the seats by paying the fees.
For the detailed information Click Here
- The seats will be allotted to the candidates on the counselling day.
- The candidates will be given an allotment letter on his email id.
- If in case there are any technical issues with the website, then it is the responsibility of the Authorities to fix it.
- The candidate has to download and print the allocation letter.
- He/She has to visit the allotted institute with this letter for further proceedings.
Given below are the UG and PG design courses on offer at NIIFT campuses along with the number of seats.
|UG Design Programmes||Seats at Mohali||Seats at Ludhiana||Total Seats|
|BSc Fashion Design||60||60||120|
|BSc Fashion Design (KNITS)||–||60||60|
|BSc Textile Design||60||–||60|
|PG Design Programmes|
|MSc Garment Manufacturing Technology||30||–||30|
|MSc Fashion Marketing & Management||30||–||30|
|M.Des Fashion and Textiles||30||–||30|
Ms Avneet Kaur, PCS
NIIFT, Phase I, Adjoining Police Station
Industrial Area, Mohali.
Telephone Numbers-0172-5044994, 0172-5044995,
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Answer: Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology is a fashion institute in Mohali with its branches in Mohali & Ludhiana in the state of Punjab. It was set up in 1992.
Answer: The only acceptable methods of payments are Debit/Credit Card, Net and Online Banking and Demand Draft.
Answer: There are 5 sections in NIIFT Entrance exam 2020 for the UG courses and 4 for the PG courses.
Answer: The mode of application for NIIFT Entrance Exam 2020 is online and has started from 15th January 2020.
Answer: No, there is no negative marking.
Answer: The refund cases will be processed within 15 days after the surrender of the seat.
Answer: There will be no charges for change of course or branch within an institution.
Answer: The applicant must not be more than 23 years of age as of October 19, 2019.
List of Top Colleges in India
For any Query related to NIIFT 2020 notification, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for Career in Fashion Industry.
Best Of Luck..!!
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply