Attention Aspirants, the NIIFT Authority has recently advertised a notification to fill the application form for the next round of admission in 3 Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT Colleges in India). Throughout the article, we will discuss the NIIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria. Get updated information on Age, Nationality, Reservation and Educational Qualification before filling up the form of NIIFT 2020.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to NIFT 2020 Admission.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Previous Year Paper||Sample Paper||Admit Card|
|Name of College||Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology, Mohali|
|Basic admission criteria||Entrance based|
|Entrance exam||College-level entrance exam|
As NIIFT 2020 expected datasheet for the academic year 2020 is not yet passed so here is the expected datasheet for the Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Exam 2020.
|Conducting Body||Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT)|
|Name of the Exam||NIIFT Joint Entrance Examination, NIIFT 2020|
|Commencement of online application form||January 15, 2020|
|Last date for sale and receipt of filled-in application form||July 20, 2020|
|Admit Card issue date||To be notified soon|
|Date of examination||To be notified soon|
|Result Declaration||To be notified soon|
|Admission Starts from||To be notified soon|
NIIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT) was established in the year 1992 by the Government of Punjab to develop manpower in different disciplines of Fashion Engineering & Technology. Now the Institute has become one of the premier institutes to pursue various Fashion Designing and Fashion Technology Courses in India. Before we go deep with the information, let us first have a look at the Major Features of the NIIFT Entrance Examination 2020 Admission notification.
Here are the updated eligibility criteria for the NIIFT 2020 Entrance examination.
Maximum age limit 23 years as on 1st October 2019. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Person With Disability (PWD)
NIIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria for UG Design Courses
- The aspirant must have the 12th level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi. OR
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB). OR
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system. OR
- A passing grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects. OR
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
NIIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria for PG Design Courses
- Students who hold a degree in B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E or BA/ BCom/ BBA/ BCA with any one of the compulsory subjects from – Mathematics/ Computers/ Fashion/ Accounts/ Economics/ Marketing/ Statistics/ Management / Textiles/ Home Science or any other related Diploma.
- For M.Des Fashion and Textiles: UG Degree of Fashion Design/Textile Design/Knitwear Design/ Clothing & Textiles/Apparel and Furnishing/ Home Science or any other allied field’s course
- Candidates appearing for their qualifying examination can also apply. However, they will be taken into the final merit list for counselling only after obtaining the passing proof of their qualifying examination.
- Proof of the candidates have successfully passed the qualifying examination will have to be produced to NIIFT certificate verification team at the time of the scheduled date of his/her interview in NIIFT campus.
- Non-fulfilment of above will automatically result in the cancellation of his/her right to be on merit list despite clearing all the stages of examination.
- Citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Caste Criteria NIIFT 2020 exam:
- Candidate’s seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC shall have to produce a certificate in the prescribed proforma ONLY, meant for appointment to posts under the Government of India from the designated authority indicating clearly the candidate’s case, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognised as SC/ST/OBC and the Village/Town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of.
- They must also ensure that the name of their caste/community and its spelling in their caste/community certificate should be exactly as mentioned in the lists notified by the central government from time to time (for OBC category list of castes recognized by the Govt. of India as OBC castes in the central list is available on the site http://www.ncbc.nic.in, for ST category the list caste for each state is available on the site www.ncst.nic.in and for SC category the list of castes for each state is available on the site http://www.socialjustice.nic.in).
- Further, the OBC certificate should also clearly indicate that the candidate does not belong to the creamy layer as defined by the Government of India for applying to posts and services under the Central Government.
- The OBC claim of a candidate will be determined in relation to the State (or part of the State) to which his/her father originally belongs. A candidate who has migrated from one State (or part of the State) to another should, therefore, produce an OBC certificate which should have been issued to him/her based on his/her father’s OBC certificate from the State to which he (father) originally belongs.
- No change in the community status already indicated in the online application by a candidate for this examination will be allowed.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of document verification
RESERVATION OF SEATS
|Students of Punjab State||85%|
- The reservation applicable to 15% quota will be as under:-
- General Category – 70%
- Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes-25%
- Backward classes-5%
- The reservation applicable to Punjab Domicile candidates under 85 %(quota ) is as under:-
- Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes 25%
- Backward Classes. 5%
- Border Areas/Backward Areas (2% each) 4%
- Sportspersons 2%
- Children/Grand Children of Freedom Fighters. 1%
- Disabled Persons: 3% (a) Blind 1% (b) Deaf & Dumb 1% (c) Other Handicapped 1%
- Children/widows of defence personnel killed or disabled to the extent of 50% or more in action, wards of gallantry awardees, and children of serving defence personnel/Ex-servicemen (2%).
- Children/widows of Para-military forces personnel, Punjab Police, PAP and Punjab Home Guards killed or disabled in action to the extent of 50% or more (2%).
- November 1984 riots-affected displaced persons, children of the Army deserters Killed/100% physically disabled, children of the families of persons killed (2%).
- Sibling (single) girl child or one of the girl of the parents having two or more girls and having no male child, (an affidavit worth Rs. 20 duly attested by 1st class magistrate to be obtained from the parent of girl child )1%
- The reservation of T-Sunami affected persons shall be available for the children/grandchildren of original ex-serviceman settler of Campbell Bay Island only or students suffering from Cancer /AIDS/ Thalassemia (1%).
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Answer:Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology is a fashion institute in Mohali with its branches in Mohali & Ludhiana in the state of Punjab. It was set up in 1992
Answer:The only acceptable methods of payments are Debit/Credit Card, Net and Online Banking and Demand Draft.
Answer: There are 5 sections in NIIFT Entrace exam 2020 for the UG courses and 4 for the PG courses
Answer: The mode of application for NIIFT Entrance Exam 2020 is online and has started from 15th January 2020.
Answer: No, there is no negative marking.
Answer: The refund cases will be processed within 15 days after the surrender of the seat.
Answer:There will be no charges for change of course or branch within an institution.
Answer: The applicant must not be more than 23 years of age as of October 19, 2019.
List of Top Colleges in India
For any Query related to NIIFT 2020 notification, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for Career in Fashion Industry.
Best Of Luck..!!
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply