NIMHANS Entrance Exam 2020: National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences has published the application form at its official website nimhans.ac.in for UG (Undergraduate) and PG (Post Graduate) courses. NIMHANS Entrance Exam is a national level entrance exam and it will be conducted online. The exam allows admission to PhD, super-speciality, post-graduate, postdoctoral, PG courses and UG courses. The NIMHANS exam is conducted two times in a year, the first session of the exam is in the month of March and the second time in the month of October.
This article will help you to know about various parameters associated with NIMHANS 2020 Exam Like Application Process, Fees, How to Apply, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Participating Institutes and Exam Centres. Students want to apply for the entrance are hereby notified to check this complete article carefully.
|Name of Examination||NIMHANS (National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences)|
|Conducted by||National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences|
|Exam Date||1st Session: 19 Apr 2020|
2nd Session: 18 Oct 2020
|Level of NIMHANS Examination||National-level|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based)|
|Duration of Examination||1.5 hours|
|Total Number of Questions||100 Multiple Choice Questions|
|Languages available for the Examination||Hindi, English|
|Event||Session 1||Session 2|
|Release of advertisement||01 Jan 2020||01 Aug 2020|
|Online Applications start|
07 Jan 2020
|01 Aug 2020|
|Online Applications end|
06 Feb 2020
|31 Aug 2020|
|Last date for editing details in NIMHANS application form||06 Feb 2020||—|
|Last date for printing your application||06 Feb 2020||—|
|Date for Online Fee Payment||07 Jan 2020 to|
06 Feb 2020
|Exam Date (Ph.D., Super Speciality, Postdoctoral and Postgraduate Courses)||28 and 29 Mar 2020||18 Oct 2020|
|Exam Date (B.Sc courses)||19 Apr 2020||–|
|Result (except B.Sc.)||To be announced!||To be announced!|
|Result (B.Sc. courses)||To be announced!||–|
|Interview for Ph.D.||28 to 30 May 2020||06 Nov 2020|
|Admission Date for Ph.D., Super Speciality, Postdoctoral and Postgraduate Courses||03 Jun 2020||07 Dec 2020|
|Admission Date for B.Sc. and Diploma Courses||06 Jun 2020||–|
|Course Commencement||01 Jul 2020||01 Jan 2021|
Why choose NIMHANS 2020?
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of NIMHANS 2020 exam which will give the answer to the question Why to choose NIMHANS 2020 Entrance Exam.
- NIMHANS 2020 exam is conducted by NIMHANS itself across different cities in India.
- NIMHANS is the national level examination for admission to Postgraduate, PhD, B.Sc, etc. course such as MD/MS/Diploma courses for the academic session 2020 which will include the following:
i. Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Biochemistry
ii. General Guidelines for Admission to Diploma Courses
iii. Post Basic Diploma in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing (DPN)
iv. Post Basic Diploma in Neuroscience Nursing (DNN). ETC.
- NIMHANS 2020 application form is available online only.
- Aadhaar card is mandatory for all the Indian citizens to fill the application form.
So, if you have already made up your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about NIMHANS Admission Test 2020. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences 2020.
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on NIMHANS Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or Not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions of NIMHANS 2020 exam is given below:
- MBBS degree from a recognized University or from any other University recognized as equivalent thereto by NIMHANS and by the Medical Council of India.
- The candidate should have completed the compulsory rotation internship of one year after MBBS or its equivalent as recognized by the Medical Council of India on or before the date of commencement of course. A certificate to that effect has to be produced. The candidate should have permanent registration with State Medical Council. Candidates who do not submit the certificate of completion of internship on the day of admission to the course will not be admitted under any circumstance.
- Candidates who have MD/MS/DNB/DPM from a recognized University or from any other University recognized as equivalent thereto by NIMHANS and by the Medical Council of India may apply for the course. However, Candidates who are awaiting the results may also appear for the entrance test subject to production of proof of having passed the examination on or before the date of admission to the course.
- Candidates with M.Sc. / MA/ MSW/ BAMS / BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc. should have passed the requisite examination from a University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) with not less than 55% of marks in aggregate on or before the date of interview/ admission. Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results may also apply. However, such candidates will be eligible to appear for the interview/ admission only if they produce the proof of having passed the examination in writing.
- In case, grades rewarded in lieu of marks in the qualifying examination, candidates have to produce a certificate from the University clearly stating the range of marks into which each of the grades fit, failing which, such applications will be rejected.
- Candidates with Master’s degree obtained through research and awarded on the basis of the evaluation of the thesis (from a University recognized by NIMHANS which does not award marks at the master’s level) are also eligible to apply for PhD Program.
- Candidates with PUC or 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with 45% aggregate in the above subjects can apply for B.Sc. in Nursing course.
- Candidates with PUC or 10 + 2 with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology or job oriented diploma courses from a recognized board with an aggregate of 45% can apply for B.Sc. in Radiography course.
- Candidates with PUC or 10 + 2 or equivalent with a Science group having secured an aggregate of 45% in Science subjects for B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology/ B.Sc. in Clinical Neurophysiology Technology courses.
- A relaxation of 5% marks in aggregate will be given for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
- The application should be submitted through Online mode (only) along with all the enclosures and photograph.
- All claims made in the application must be supported with documentary proof in original along with a set of photocopies at the time of interview/admission.
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of 3 (three) courses only (provided they are eligible). MD in Psychiatry, DM in Neurology and M.Ch. in Neurosurgery are all treated as separate courses.
- All Postdoctoral Fellowships are treated as separate courses.
- Applicants are not permitted to submit multiple online applications.
- A candidate has to select three cities, for taking the examination, in the order of priority, i.e., first, second and third choices. There may be multiple test centres in the cities mentioned in the table and NIMHANS reserves the right to distribute applicants to any test centres. However, the choice of city for taking examination, or the centre in a given city, cannot be claimed as a matter of right.
- Under exceptional circumstances like lack of minimum number of applicants for a given centre in a given city, NIMHANS reserves the right to cancel the choice of city / centre.
- Employees of State or Central Government or of any Public Sector Undertaking of State or Central Government should send their applications through their employers. However, the advance copy of the application (complete in all respects) can be submitted. In case the application is not received through the employer before the date of the Online Entrance Test, a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the employer should be produced at the time of interview/ admission failing which the candidate will not be admitted.
|Session 1||Session 1||Session 2|
|UG courses||PG courses||PG courses|
The aspirants need to pay the following amount of Application Fee as given in the table below.
For Indian Candidates
- Indian nationals need to pay Rs 1000 as the application/registration fee for each course.
- Foreign nationals except SAARC countries have to pay the fee as per the table below:
|Name of the Course||Registration fee (USD)|
|For PhD Programs, M.Phil. Courses,|
M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing Course
|For super speciality courses [DM/M.Ch. (6 & 3-year duration)], Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuropathology Or|
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuroanaesthesia Courses
|DPN OR DNN courses||100|
Mode of Payment: The aspirants can pay the application fee by Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net banking.
|A (Common For All)||70||70||60|
|B (Subject oriented)||30||30||30|
- Mode of Exam – Online mode.
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions.
- Duration of Exam – 90 min
- Negative Marks – 0.25 will be deducted for the wrong answer and no marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
NIMHANS 2020 Result will be declared by the NIMHANS (National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences) on the official website as per schedule. The candidate will be chosen on the basis of Merit which will be obtained from the Online Entrance Test. The candidate who will qualify the exam will be called for the next round of admission process which is the Interview Round. The result will be declared in the PDF format for the ease of candidate so that the candidate can download the result and use it in future.
In the case of Tie Breaking
In the case of two or more candidate secure the same marks, the following point will be taken under consideration:
- No. of question attempt by the candidate in the exam.
- If No. of attempt is the same, then the candidate scoring higher marks in the exam will be considered.
- If marks remain same the age will be considered, the candidate who is older in age shall be considered.
- If the candidate has same date od birth, then-candidate with lesser number of negative marks will be considered.
NIMHANS Fee Structure
|Details||Amount per year||Course with duration in years|
|MD Course||M.Ch/ DM Courses||DM/M. Ch Courses||Fellow- ship Courses||Ph.D. Pro- grams||PG Diploma|
|3 Years||3 Years||6 Years||1 Year||3 Years||1 Year|
|Gymkhana & recreation Fee||250||750||750||1,500||250||750||250|
|Caution Money & Hostel Deposit||5,000||5,000||5,000||5,000||5,000||5,000||5,000|
|Identification card fee||100||100||100||100||100||100||100|
|NHS card fee #||100||100||100||100||100||100||100|
|Examination fee : Part I||4,500||4,500||4,500|
|Exit Examination Application fee||50||100||100||150||50||50|
|Marks Card fee||100||100|
|Hostel charges (Electrical and Water charges)***||280||280||280||280||280||280||280|