PGIMER 2020 Application Form Notification has been released. It is conducted by Postgraduate Institute Of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh. PGIMER Chandigarh will conduct the entrance exam for admission in various courses like MD/MS, DM/ MCh, Fellowships / PhD / M.Sc / M.Sc MLT. PGIMER 2020 is conducted twice in a year, i.e., in January and July session. It is a national level exam which is conducted for admission in MD/MS, MCh/DM and DM/M.Ch, Fellowships / PhD / M.Sc / M.Sc MLT
Candidates can apply for admission in these courses online at pgimer.edu.in. PGIMER is a University level exam conducted twice a year for select candidates for admission in those courses. Each course has its own set of admission criteria however, the qualifying entrance exam is the common criteria.
PGIMER 2020 Entrance Exam
This article will help you to know about various parameters associated with PGIMER 2020 Exam like Application Process, Fees, How to Apply, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Participating Institutes and Exam Centres. Students want to apply for the entrance are hereby notified to check this complete article carefully.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to PGIMER 2020.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
|Full Exam Name||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Entrance Exam|
|Short Exam Name||PGIMER Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||PGIMER Chandigarh|
|Frequency of Conduct||2 times a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||
Rs. 1500 for General/ OBC/OCI/NRI [Online]
Rs. 1200 for SC/ST category [Online]
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Number of Seats||
|Events||Dates (Session Jan 2020)||Dates (Session Jul 2020)|
|Online registration starts||26th October 2019||17th March 2020|
|Last date of registration||14th November 2019||6th May 2020|
|Last date to deposit the fee||14th November 2019||6th May 2020|
|Admit Card published||25th November 2019 to 30th November 2019||Last week of May 2020|
|MD/MS exam date||30th November 2019||14th June 2020 (Latest)|
|Result Published||9th December 2019||July 2020|
|1st Counselling||20th December 2019||Yet to be announced|
|2nd Counselling||10th January 2020||Yet to be announced|
|3rd Counselling||18th January 2020||Yet to be announced|
|Open Counselling||30th January 2020||Yet to be announced|
Why Choose PGIMER?
Before we go in deep, let us have a look at some of the salient features of PGIMER which will give the answer to the question Why to choose PGIMER Entrance Exam.
- PGIMER 2020 conducted by Postgraduate Institute Of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh.
- PGIMER 2020 is a University level exam which is conducted two times in a year.
- After Clear PGIMER 2020, students will able to take admission in PG courses like MD, MS, etc in January and July session.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about PGIMER Admission Test 2020. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of Postgraduate Institute Of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh entrance exam 2020.
Admission Seekers are advised to read the full detail information on PGIMER 2020 Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or Not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions of PGIMER 2020 is given below:
Admission Seekers should be a citizen of India NRI & OCI candidates can also apply.
- Qualifying Exam: The Admission Seekers must have the MBBS or equivalent Degree For MD/MS courses, recognized by the Medical Council of India.
***For Complete Eligibility Criteria Click Here
PGIMER Admission 2020 Exam Pattern – The exam pattern specifies about various aspects of the entrance exam like marking scheme, type of questions, time duration, the total number of questions, subjects, sections, etc.
Questions will be as follows: –
- Mode of the Examination: The PGIMER 2020 Exam will be conducted in online mode. The examination will be conducted in a computer-based.
- Duration of the examination: The PGIMER 2020 entrance test will be conducted for a duration of 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Number of questions: The exam will consist of a total of 250 questions from 20 different subjects
- Type of questions: All questions will be multiple-choice questions with 5 options each. These questions can be both Single Best Answer type or Multiple Answer type. Hence a candidate can mark multiple responses for a question in PGIMER 2020.
- Negative mark: There will be negative marking for the wrong answers.
PGIMER Entrance exam 2020 is an online objective (Computer-based) test. PGIMER 2020 Syllabus will be based on the MBBS Syllabus prescribed by the authority. Candidates can check various subjects from below. One Should read given blow syllabus details.
|S.I No||Subjects||No. of Questions|
|3||Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology||10|
|9||Social and Preventive Medicine||7|
|15||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||20|
Follow this link to Know Complete PGIMER Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
One should follow these simple steps to apply for the PGIMER 2020 Admission form.
- One has to visit the official website of PGIMER 2020 (Click here).
- Click on the apply online or register
- Fill the personal details carefully.
- After Filling the personal detail, one has to select the subject for which He/She is applying.
- Upload the photo and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Save the Application form for future use.
Category-wise Application Fees for the PGIMER Application form 2020 is mentioned below-
|Category of applicant||MD/MS, House Job||DM / M.Ch|
|General||Rs 1500||Rs 1500|
|SC/ST||Rs 1200||Rs 1500|
Mode of Payment
- Online Banking
- Net Banking
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- Staff candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee and intimation charges.
- Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
The admit card for the PGIMER 2020 July Session was delayed due to the spread of the pandemic COVID-19 and will soon be released on the official website.
The Admit Card or commonly known as Call Later can be download from the official website. The admit card is the mandatory document to carry during the Exam hall at the time of written examination. If a candidate fails to show His/Her PGIMER 2020 Admit Card at the time of the written exam, then he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the test. You can follow these steps to Download Admit card for PGIMER 2020 Entrance examination.
PGIMER Result will be declared in July 2020. The result will release online on the website. Students can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details are given below.
Admission Seekers need to follow the below given important Steps for PGIMER 2020
- Go to the official website of PGIMER
- Click on “PGIMER Result” tab/link mentioned on the official website.
- Enter any two details from – Roll number, date of birth and application number.
- Click on Submit button.
- View result and download PGIMER Scorecard.
After the declaration of the result, the counselling will be started through offline mode. The Counselling will commence forthwith. It will be conducted in three rounds. Aspirants have to go through Biometric fingerprint and image verification before appearing for the counselling. Aspirants have to produce their original documents at the time of the counselling process. Candidate’s documents will be verified during counselling. The seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of the merit list.
Nessecery Documents Required For Counselling
- Printout of PGIMER Application Form 2020
- PGIMER Admit Card 2020
- 10th& 12thMark Sheets
- 10th& 12thPassing Certificate
- Original degrees of qualifying MBBS or provisional mark sheet
- Age Proof Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Aadhar Card for selected category candidates
- Internship certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Six Passport Size Photograph
- ID proof with photograph (same as used during registration)
After a few days of the exam, the student can check the PGIMER Answer key. It will conduct online mode, the official portal of authority candidate can check out answer key of PGIMER. This will show their performance and according to that candidates can prepare for further steps.
There are given some major detail of PGIMER
- The answer key will contain the correct answers to the questions asked in the PGIMER
- PGIMER answer key will be published within a week after the examination.
- Students can get the answer key via online mode through the website.
- Through answer key, candidates can have an idea about their performance in the examination.
Address-PGIMER,Sector-12, Chandigarh 160 012, India
Phone: EPBAX: 0091-172-2747585,2747586,2755450
Fax: 0091-172-2744401, 2745078
List of Top Colleges in India
For any Query related to PGIMER notification, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the exam.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!!!
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply