Attention Aspirants, the PGIMER Authority has recently conduct written test for the next round of admission in its affiliated Colleges spread all across the country. Throughout the article, we will discuss the PGIMER Eligibility Criteria. Get updated information on Age, Nationality, Reservation and Educational Qualification before filling up the form of PGIMER 2020.
Admission Notification 2020
- UPES Dehradun Application Form 2020 Closing Soon Apply Now
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application Form Apply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Form Open Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Apply Now
Aspirants are advised to read the full article carefully to get every bit of information related to the very prestigious examination. One needs to read the Eligibility criteria for PGIMER 2020 to get detailed about the selection procedure.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to PGIMER.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
|Full Exam Name||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Entrance Exam|
|Short Exam Name||PGIMER Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||PGIMER Chandigarh|
|Frequency of Conduct||2 times a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||
Rs. 1500 for General/ OBC/OCI/NRI [Online]
Rs. 1200 for SC/ST category [Online]
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Number of Seats||
|Events||Dates (Session Jan 2020)||Dates (Session Jul 2020)|
|Online registration starts||26th October 2019||17th March 2020|
|Last date of registration||14th November 2019||6th May 2020|
|Last date to deposit the fee||14th November 2019||6th May 2020|
|Admit Card published||25th November 2019 to 30th November 2019||Last week of May 2020|
|MD/MS exam date||30th November 2019||14th June 2020 (Latest)|
|Result Published||9th December 2019||July 2020|
|1st Counselling||20th December 2019||Yet to be announced|
|2nd Counselling||10th January 2020||Yet to be announced|
|3rd Counselling||18th January 2020||Yet to be announced|
|Open Counselling||30th January 2020||Yet to be announced|
Admission Seekers are advised to read the full detail information on PGIMER Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or Not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility criteria of PGIMER 2020 is given below:
- Candidates who are citizens of India will have to provide valid ID proof issued by the Government of India.
- Candidates belonging to foreign nationality are required to send their applications via the Ministry of Health and Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi after obtaining prior permission from MCI as per PGIMER 2020 eligibility criteria.
- Candidates belonging to OCI (Overseas Citizens of India) category are required to provide proof of their registration under Section 7A of the 1955 Citizenship Act at the time of counselling of PGIMER.
- Interested applicants are required to have an MBBS degree from a University or an Institute authorized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates must have either completed or due to complete, one-year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December 2019/30th June 2020 for January and July session respectively
- It is compulsory for all the applying candidates to be registered with the Central/ State Medical Registration Council.
MDS / House Job (Oral Health Sciences)
- Interested candidates must have a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree of Panjab University or any other university recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- It is compulsory for all the applicants to be registered with Central/ State Dental Registration Council.
- Candidates must have either completed or due to complete, compulsory rotatory internship training on or before 31st December 2019 for January session and 30th June 2020 for July session respectively.
Other Important Information for House Job entrance.
- The candidates selected for House Job (Oral Health Sciences) are appointed for six months. On the recommendation of the Head of the department, this period can be extended up to one year.
- The candidate will be offered House Job only once in the department for a maximum tenure of one year.
- Candidates become eligible for House Job within three years of obtaining the BDS degree.
- If a candidate has done House Job in the past in any hospital or institute, then he/she is not eligible for House Job at PGIMER.
- Candidates must have the MBBS degree or its equivalent qualification from a University / Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India or B.Sc (in the respective discipline) or B.V.Sc. or B. Pharma passed from a recognized University. Candidates who possess the qualification of MBBS should not have more than one attempt made during the MBBS course.
- For Gen/OBC candidates the candidates belonging to SC/ST with two attempts during the MBBS course will be eligible. The candidates who have a “Failure” in the MBBS examination or “Compartment” or “Reappear” in the examination will constitute an attempt. The duration of the course will be two Academic years.
M.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology
- Candidates are required to have a B. Sc. degree with a diploma in Radiography from a University/Institute recognized by this Institute and having cleared with at least 55% marks in each exam and three years experience as a technician in the concerned subject. OR
- Candidates can have a degree of B.Sc. Medical Technology (Radiology or Radiotherapy) from a recognized Institute /University with at least 55% marks and three years experience as a technician in the concerned subject.
- For the remaining M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology courses candidates are required to have a B.Sc. or B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology degree from a recognized Institute/University with at least 55% marks and three years experience as a technician in the subject in which admission is sought from a teaching research Institute/Hospital after obtaining the qualification of B.Sc. or B.Sc. Medical Technology.
- Candidates must have an MBBS degree with a minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS in the subject concerned or Diplomat of National Board of Examination. A “Failure” in the examination, “Compartment” or “Re-appear” in the examination will constitute an attempt Candidates who have obtained MBBS/MD/MS degree from Medical Colleges which are not recognized by the Medical Council of India are not eligible to apply.
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc/MA/Masters in Engineering or its equivalent examination with at least 60 % marks in the subjects mentioned below: from the colleges/institutes recognized by the UGC/Panjab University are eligible
- Candidates must have qualified NET examination (with fellowship only) conducted by UGC, Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) examination conducted by ICMR/CSIR, etc (within two years only). Attested copy of the result must be attached. If the candidate fails to produce the proof of his/her eligibility as per above qualification before one week of the entrance examination, his/her candidature will not be considered an entire responsibility for the same will lie on the candidate.
- Candidates must have passed the required MD/MS or its equivalent qualification, recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates must be registered with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
- Candidates must be within the following prescribed age limit as on or before 31st December 2019 & 30th June 2020 for January & July session respectively:
|General category||35 years|
|SC/ST candidates||40 years (05 years)|
|OBC candidates||38 years (03 years)|
|Ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officer|
including ECO, SSCO who have rendered or
released on satisfactory assignment
|Sponsored candidates from other State Governments||No age limit|
- Candidates are required to have B.Sc. Nursing/Post-Basic degree from an Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and PGIMER, Chandigarh as equivalent thereto with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates must have minimum one year of work experience after registration as Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife by the last date for submission of applications in bedside nursing in a minimum 100 bedded hospital (for private hospitals only) or Public Health Nursing or in Nursing Educational Institutions recognized by the Indian Nursing Council after B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) or before and after Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Candidates must have an experience certificate in this regard and they must be on the letterhead of the hospital and should indicate the capacity of the hospital in terms of the number of beds and should be approved by State/Central Govt. (S) failing which experience will not be considered.
- Candidates are required to be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife as approved by INC or substitute registration in the case of male candidates fully qualified for the nursing of men, women, and children.
Master of Public Health
- Candidates are required to have passed the MBBS/BDS/B.V.Sc./BE/MA/M.Sc .examination or its equivalent qualification from recognized University/Institute with at least 50% marks in aggregate. However, those belonging to SC/ST with at least 45% marks in aggregate will be eligible.
- The degree of the candidates must be recognized by the Medical/Dental/Veterinary Council of India/the Institution of Engineers (India) and University Grant Commission/AICTE
- Candidates are required to have passed the MD/MS, or its equivalent qualification, recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates must be registered with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
- Candidates are required to be within the prescribed age limit as on/before 31st December 2019 for January and 30th June 2020 for the July session.
MD (Hospital Administration):
- The candidate must possess MBBS or an equivalent degree from a University/ Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) with a minimum experience of three years in a hospital in the relevant field or five years in general practice. A certificate issued by the District Magistrate in support of the general practice claimed should be enclosed with the application.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in all MBBS professional examinations for other categories including OBC category and 50% for candidate belonging to SCs/ STs.
- Candidates are also required to be registered with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
***Before applying for the test, all the candidates must make sure that the eligibility criteria as stated here must be met by them.
List of Top Colleges in India
For any Query related to PGIMER Eligibility Criteria, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the exam.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!!!
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser. If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by email for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
UPES Dehradun 2020 Application Closing Soon Apply Now