Patna Medical College and Hospital is one of the best and reputed Government Medical colleges in Bihar. It was Founded in the year 1925 and considered among one of the oldest medical colleges in North India. The PMCH Patna was formally known as Prince of Wales Medical College. The Patna Medical College is situated in Patna, the capital of Bihar, India to provide high-quality Education and good atmosphere
Patna Medical College is famous for providing modern facilities and best service to its patients. It is one of the busiest hospital of state and in India with the bed count of around 2000. The average daily OPD patients are one of the highest in India and affiliated with Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna.
Patna Medical College and Hospital Patna
|Name of Institute||Patna Medical College and Hospital|
|Popular Name||PMCH Patna|
|Location||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Year of Establishment||1925|
|Affiliated to||Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna|
|Category||Medical colleges in Bihar|
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about Patna Medical College and Hospital Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna
- Approved by: MCI.
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Medical Centers
- Students Placement
- OPD-Indoor Services
- Accident & Emergency DepartmenDiagnostic Services
- Blood BankRegional Cancer Center
- ICUsSuper Speciality Centre
- Drug de-addiction & Treatment Centre
- 24 Hour Help Line
- Biotechnology Facilities
- Community Health Centre
|MBBS||4.6+1 years Internship|
|MD. (General Medicine)||3 Years|
|MD. (Skin & V.D)||3 Years|
|M.D. (Paediatrics))||3 Years|
|M.D. (Radiodiagnosis))||3 Years|
|M.D. (Radiotherapy)||3 Years|
|M.D. (Psychiatry))||3 Years|
|M.D. (Anaesthesiology))||3 Years|
|M.D. (Physiology))||3 Years|
|M.D. (Physiology))||3 Years|
|M.D. (Biochemistry))||3 Years|
|M.D. (Pharmacology))||3 Years|
|M.D. (P.S.M.))||3 Years|
|M.D. (Forensic Medicine & Toxicology))||3 Years|
|M.D. (Pathology))||3 Years|
|M.D. (Microbiology))||3 Years|
|M.D. (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation))||3 Years|
|M.S. (General Surgery)||3 Years|
|M.S. (Obstetrics & Gynaecology))||3 Years|
|M.S. (Orthopaedics))||3 Years|
|M.S. (Ophthalmology))||3 Years|
|M.S. (E.N.T.))||3 Years|
|M.S. (Anatomy))||3 Years|
|M.Ch. (Plastic Surgery))||3 Years|
|Diploma in Child Health)||2 years|
|Diploma in Gynaecology & Obstetrics)||2 years|
|Diploma in Medical Radio Diagnosis)||2 years|
|Diploma in Orthopaedics)||2 years|
|Diploma in Anaesthesiology)||2 years|
|Diploma in Clinical Pathology)||2 years|
|Diploma in Microbiology)||2 years|
|Diploma in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation)||2 years|
A candidate can visit the official portal of the BCECE Board to get themselves registered for NEET 2018 Bihar State Counselling. The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota).
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Bihar must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2018. Counselling of NEET 2018 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
|UG Course||Educational Qualification: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually with a minimum of 50% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST & 45% marks OBC Category) taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology. |
Age: 17 years or above as on 31st December of the year of admission.
|PG Course||Graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).|
|Diploma Course||12TH or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent. All SC/ST candidates have a relaxation of 5% in the minimum aggregate.|
|Course||Tuition Fee||Security||One Time admission Charge |
|For Degree Course||500/-||0||0|
|For Diploma Course||279/-||0||0|
PG Course Fee
|Course||AIQ Fees (Annual)||NRI Fees (Annual)||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||Amount to be paid at the time of Admission|
Hostel Accommodation Fees – 600/- Per Month (UG)
Hostel Accommodation Fees – 1000/- Per Month (PG)
NEET Cut-off 2018
Following cutoff marks are based on NEET 2018 Entrance Exam.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff Marks||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||119||6,34,897|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||96||54,653|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Patna Medical College, PMCH Patna|
- PMCH Patna is one of the premiers Government Medical Institute of Patna, Bihar.
- We would like to give 4.6 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in Bihar.
- Top Medical College In Bihar 2018
- Top Dental College In Bihar 2018
- Top BAMS College In Bihar 2018
- Top BHMS College In Bihar 2018
|Address||Patna Medical College, Patna-800004.|
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best Of luck..!!!