Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies was established in 1987 as the College of Business Studies. The college was rechristened Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies (SSCBS Delhi) in 1987. Shaheed Sukhdev College or CBS, as it is better known in corporate circles, was the first undergraduate management school under the aegis of the University of Delhi (DU).
When the college was started it offered only one course i.e. BBS (Bachelor of Business Studies), But with the growing demand in 1991, the College of Business Studies became the first college in Delhi University to adopt the semester system, for its BBS course.
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
Before we talk about Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies (University of Delhi) complete college summary, let us have to look at the major information of Shaheed Sukhdev College.
|Name of Institute||Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, University of Delhi|
|Popular Name||Shaheed Sukhdev College Delhi|
|Year of Establishment||1987|
|Affiliated with||Delhi University|
|Approved by||NCTE, NAAC|
|Category||Colleges Affiliated to Delhi University|
Through this article, you can get complete information about the Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, (University of Delhi) like Admission, Courses offered, Fees structure, Facilities, Cutoff, Placement details, Ranking, Faculty and Staff and others details.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- Affiliated with: University of Delhi (DU).
- Accredited by: NAAC
- Aid Status: Government
- Computer Lab
- Audio video room
- Conference Room
Shaheed Sukhdev College offers some of the quality programs under the supervision of highly qualified Faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The college is famous for its undergraduate programs, mentioned below.
|Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)||204*||3 years|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis) (BBA FIA)||99*||3 years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security and law (PGDCSL)||50||1 year|
|B. Sc (Hons) Computer Science||50||3 years|
*Excluding Supernumerary Seats.
Faculty & Staff
The college offers admission with an intake of 1000+ numbers of students per year. The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology.
It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students.
Admission to various courses offered by the Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies is made through the University of Delhi selection procedure. The University has announced admissions to various undergraduate courses (merit-based) for all colleges for the academic session 2019-20. The online registration will start from May 27, 2019.
|Course Name||Online Registration|
|UG Programs (Merit and Entrance Based)||May 30, 2019 (8:00 PM)|
|PG Programs||June 3, 2019|
|PG Diploma in Cyber Security & Law||June 3, 2019|
|MPhil and PhD.||June 3, 2019|
UG Cutoff Dates
|First Cutoff List||June 28, 2019|
|Documents Verification||June 28 – July 1, 2019|
|Second Cutoff List||July 4, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 4 – July 6, 2019|
|Third Cutoff List||July 9, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 9 – July 11, 2019|
|Fourth Cutoff List||July 15, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 15 – July 17, 2019|
|Fifth Cutoff List||July 20, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 20 – July 23, 2019|
For PG Admissions
|Registration window||June 3, 2019|
|Last Date of Registration||To be announced|
|Date of PG Exam||2nd week of July 2019|
|Answer Key Release||2nd week of July 2019|
|Result Declaration||1st week of August 2019|
|Commencement of Interview||Last week of August 2019|
The students shall be required to submit the following self-attested documents along with the application form in original:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marks Sheet
- Class XII Marks Sheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate / Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC / ST Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority.
- Transfer Certificate from school /college as well as Migration Certificate from Board/University is required from those students who have passed the senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Three passport size self-attested photographs.
- Top 10 Colleges of Delhi University | Edufever Ranking 2019
- Top Delhi University South Campus Colleges | Edufever Ranking 2019
- Top 10 Colleges in North Campus | Edufever Ranking 2019.
- Minimum required eligibility to take admission in the undergraduate courses is at least 50% aggregate in Senior School Certification Examination.
- Students belonging to the reserved category will be given 5% concession in the minimum required marks (OBC/SC/ST candidates, widows, children of armed personnel and students with disabilities).
The fees structure of Shaheed Sukhdev College for different categories is mentioned below.
BBA (FIA) and BMS Course Fees
|Programme||Maintenance Account Total Fees (1st year)||Students Society Account Total Fees (1st year)|
PGDCSL and B. Sc (Hons) Course Fees
|Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security and Law (PGDCSL)||65,400/-|
|B. Sc (Hons)||29,065/-|
Note:- To know complete information about you can also download the BBA|BMS Fees and Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security and Law (PGDCSL) Fees.
The Shaheed Sukhdev College offers many scholarships schemes that are for 12th pass students and can be availed for any course. These scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College offers a scholarship for the following categories.
- Scholarships for 1st position holders of B.A (Hons) Economics and B.Com (H) sponsored by Prof. S.S. Gulshan, founder principal of the college.
- Scholarship for 1st position holders of B.Com (Hons) 2nd year sponsored by M/s Sultan Chand.
- Scholarship for Political Science paper for the first position holder of B.Com (Hons) 2nd year sponsored by the wife of Late Prof. Sankhdar in his memory.
- Tejaswi/Tejaswini scholarship sponsored by Dr Usha Aggarwal for 1st position holder of B.Com (Prog) 1st year and 2nd year (Score above 70%).
- Sultan Chand Trust scholarship for each semester topper of B.Com (Hons), 1st year, Rs. 2500/-.
Note:- Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies provides career services that are second to none in the University of Delhi. The Career Development centre helps students plan their resumes, helps them to understand job profiles and prepares them for interviews with companies. The placement team is deeply dedicated to the development of students and focused on developing the personal and professional skills of students. Training and Placement Cell of the College provides the following facilities at the college premises.
- Conducting Mock personal interviews and group discussions to make students aware of the selection procedures
- Summer Industrial Training, Internship and final placement of students.
- Conducting Industrial Visits & Industry Oriented Training Programmes.
- Invite Professional Guest Speakers to impart necessary inputs for the above-mentioned activities.
- ABN Amro
- HSBC Reuters
- American Express
- ICI India Ltd.
- Roc Search
- Apollo Commercial
- ICICI Bank
- Smart Analyst
- Asian Paints India Ltd.
- IIFCO- Tokyo
- Standard Chartered
- Star TV
- AT Kearney
- IndusInd Bank
- Synovate Business
- AVIVA Life Insurance
- ITC Ltd.
|Maximum Package Offer||10 lap||9.6 LAP|
|Average Package Offer||5.5 LAP||6 LAP|
The Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies Delhi Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies Delhi Cut-off
Ranking & Reputation
|Name Of Institute||Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, University of Delhi|
- Today, the college is counted amongst the top 5 B- schools in India.
- We would like to give this college to 4.1 to 5 star on Edufever the best professional college in Delhi/NCR.
Read Also: 75+ Career and Courses After Class 12th Arts
Read Also: 10 tips to choose the best career option
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
PSP Area IV, Dr K.N. Katju Marg
Sector 16, Rohini, Delhi-110089
Contact Number:- 011-27573446
E-mail Id:- [email protected]
- Hindu College
- Kirori Mal College
- Acharya Narendra Dev College
- Lady Shri Ram College
- Sri Aurobindo College Morning Delhi
- Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College, Delhi
- Shivaji College Delhi
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best Of luck..!!!