Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology popularly known as SMIT Sikkim is a Brainchild of Manipal University and was born with the basic objective of strengthening the close link of education to the youth of Sikkim. The college aims to educate and giving the students the capacity to harness diverse opportunities both within and outside Sikkim.
The Sikkim Manipal University was established in 1997. SMIT Sikkim is recognised by the University Grants Commission and approved by the Government of India. It is the first ever Public Private Partnership (PPP) in the country for Higher Education and Health Care services.
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology Sikkim.
|Name of Institute||Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology Sikkim|
|Popular Name||SMIT Sikkim|
|Year of Establishment||1997|
|Affiliated to||Sikkim Manipal University|
|Approved by||UGC, AICTE|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA|
|Category||Best Engineering Colleges in Sikkim|
Affiliations, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated by: Sikkim Manipal University
- Approved by: UGC, AICTE
- Aid Status: Public
- Medical Care
- Communication skill
UG Courses (B.Tech)
|Civil Engineering||60||4 Years|
|Computer Science and Engineering||180||4 Years|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||N/A||4 Years|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||3||4 Years|
|Information Technology||90||4 Years|
|Mechanical Engineering||3||4 Years|
|M. Tech||2 Years|
|B.Sc (Information Technology)||3 Years|
- Admissions in Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology is made through the Marks obtained in Manipal Engineering Entrance Examination (Manipal OET) conducted by Manipal University.
- Candidates scoring High in JEE Entrance Examination Conducted by CBSE are given special preference.
- Admissions through Lateral Entry for Diploma Holders in the 2nd Yr (third semester) of the B.Tech program. The requirement is Diploma in appropriate branch OR B.Sc with Mathematics, with 60% marks.
- Candidate 60% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics as Compulsory Subjects.
- In the case of BioTechnology Admission, 50% of the seats are filled on the basis of 10+2 marks merit.
- Admission Seekers must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% aggregate marks.
- Valid score in Gate and Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET).
|B.Tech (IT & EC)||1,40,000/-|
|B.Tech (EE, ME & Civil)||1,35,000/-|
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT Sikkim) has produced excellent and dedicated professionals who have made their mark in all sectors thereby making SMIT as one of the sought after Institute for the recruiters and the same is reflected in the placement performances over the years. Some of the top Recruiter of SMIT are as followed.
Call Now to Get Admission Support: 09873-056-333
- ACC CEMENT
- JOHNSONS CHEMICAL PRIVATE LIMITED
- ADHUNIK GROUP
- APOLLO TYRE
- LARSEN & TURBO
- ASTHA TECH
- PANASONIC INDIA NOIDA
- PIPAVAV DEFENCE AND OFFSHORE ENGINEERING COMPANY LTD
- RELIANCE RETAILS
- CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA
- K SAMANTA
- SANKHYA INFOTECH LTD.
- SHRIRAM FINANCE
- SIEMENS LTD
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||SMIT Sikkim|
We would like to give out 4.3 of 5 stars on Edufever Best Engineering Colleges in Sikkim.
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology
Address: Majitar, Rangpo, Pin-737132, East Sikkim
Phone: 03592 – 246466, 246020
Official Website: https://smu.edu.in/smu.html
For further admission related queries, despite you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of Luck!!!