SRM University Common Admission Test popularly termed as SRM CAT 2018 is a university level management entrance examination in India. The test is conducted by SRM (Sri Ramasamy Memorial University). It is an online computer based management test for the admission in various management(MBA/PGDM) courses offered by the very famous university. Every year a large number of candidates applies for SRM CAT but only a few manage to crack this prestigious exam. Throughout the article, you will get detailed info on SRM Common Admission Test 2018 (SRMCAT 2018) notification, exam pattern, syllabus, Books, Cut-off and various info related to the exam.
- 1 SRM Common Admission Test or (SRM CAT 2018)
- 1.1 Why choose SRMCAT?
- 1.2 SRMCAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.3 SRM CAT 2018 Exam Pattern.
- 1.4 SRM CAT 2018 Exam Syllabus
- 1.5 Recommended Books for SRM CAT Exam 2018
- 1.6 Application Form
- 1.7 Application Fees
- 1.8 SRM CAT Admit Card 2018
- 1.9 SRM CAT Result 2018
- 1.10 SRMCAT MBA/PGDM Cutoff 2018
- 1.11 SRM CAT Answer Key 2018
- 1.12 Counselling Process
- 1.13 SRMCAT Exam Centre
- 1.14 SRM CAT Important Dates 2018:
- 1.15 Contact information
SRM Common Admission Test or (SRM CAT 2018)
Why choose SRMCAT?
Before going to the deep, let us have a look at some of the silent features of SRMCAT entrance exam 2018, Which will give you the answer why choose this Entrance Exam.
- SRM Common Admission Test scorecard is the mandatory requirement for the admission in management courses offered by all campus of SRM University.
- The Entrance test is your gateway to some of the finest MBA/PGDM colleges under SRM University.
- One can also avail scholarships on tuition fees after scoring great in SRM CAT Management entrance Exam.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about SRMCAT admission Test 2018. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of SRM Common Admission Test 2018.
SRMCAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on SRMCAT 2018 Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions of the exam are given below:
SRMCAT 2018 eligibility is as follows:
- Candidate must be a Graduate with minimum of 60% marks in any subject from a recognized university.
- Final Year Graduation students can also apply but they will have to present Graduation certificate by July 31, until then their admission will be considered provisional.
- Candidates with valid score in GMAT, CAT, MAT, XAT, TANCET, CMAT also can apply. Such candidates will be exempted from appearing in SRMCAT.
SRM CAT 2018 Exam Pattern.
SRM University Common Management Aptitude Test 2018 Exam Pattern – The exam pattern specifies about various aspects of the entrance exam like marking scheme, type of questions, time duration, the total number of questions, subjects, sections, etc.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Number of questions: 100
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks each.
- Segment: The question paper will be divided into five sections.
- Time: 150 minutes ( 2.5 hours).
- Negative Marking: 1 for each wrong answer.
SRM CAT 2018 Exam Syllabus
The complete syllabus of SRMCAT 2018 is given below:
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension:
- Reading Comprehension
- Questions on Grammer
- Sentence completion
- Idioms & Phrases
- Spelling Error
- comprehension of passages etc.
Logical and Abstract Reasoning:
The section will have questions in sets as well individual ones based on Verbal Reasoning, analogy among others.
- Figures/Verbal Classification
- Coding and Decoding
- Blood Relation
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Letter and Symbol Series
- Alphabet Test
- Question related to dictionary
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Vien Diagram
- Sitting Arrangement
- Non-verbal series
- Logical Deduction etc.
The questions in this section will be of matriculation standard. This shall include questions to know how fast and accurate you can work with numbers and do numerical calculations.
- Number Series
- Ratio & Proportion
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Permutation & Combination / Probability
- Mixture Problems
- Number System
The SRMCAT 2018 General Awareness syllabus will include current news of national and International Importance. There is nothing specified about the general knowledge and to score great in this section you need to be updated with the current world.
Recommended Books for SRM CAT Exam 2018
The SRM University Common Admission Test (MBA/PGDM/MCA) Exam consists of five subjects. The question paper will be based on the syllabus prescribed. A good command over General English, Logical Reasoning and Mathematics will help you to crack SRMCAT 2018 exam. As per the previous year toppers of SRMCAT Exam, the mul-mantra of success lies in your “Time management strategy” and these highly recommended books for SRMCAT 2018 prescribed by expert and previous year toppers.
How to Apply?
To apply for SRMCAT 2018, Candidates can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website to apply SRMCAT.
- Click on the link “Apply for SRM Management Admission Test 2018”.
- Fill the required details such as pre exam academic qualification, personal mailing detail, Personal and guardian details, etc.
- Upload the scanned images one by one in the prescribed specifications.
- Go through the payment gateway section and pay the application fee through debit/credit card or e-challan of Canara/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI etc Bank.
- Candidates are advised that after fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
Application Form Correction
While filling up the application form, Candidates are advised to take ought most care, but if accidentally you made any mistake that differs from the actual data can make the correction after a prescribed time period. The SRM CAT 2018 Entrance Exam correction window will be open for few days in the last week of April 2018. This will be the last chance to make corrections in the application form so candidates are advised to make corrections carefully.
Payment for SRM CAT MBA Entrance Exam Application Form can be done in online mode. The Board will not accept any application form without prescribed application fees.
|Category||Application Fee (in INR)|
- Cash payment (Challan will be generated and fee may be deposited through cash in any branch of Indian Bank).
- Net Banking/Credit Card and Debit Card.
SRM CAT Admit Card 2018
The SRM CAT 2018 Hall Ticket will be issued two weeks before the exam and candidates can access the same from this article. The admit card of the MBA Entrance Exam is an important document providing details about the candidate, the timing of the examination, the address of the test centre, rules of the examination, etc. On the day of the test, the candidates must make sure to carry the hall ticket to the examination centre. If the candidates fail to carry the admit card to the exam hall, they won’t be allowed to enter the examination hall and write the test.
SRM CAT Result 2018
The authority will declare the result of SRM CAT 2018 on May 2018. It will be declared online and a link to check the same will be provided here on this page. The scorecard will not be sent via email or post individually to any of the candidates. The authority will declare and display the ranks of only those candidates who will qualify in SRM CAT Entrance Exam 2018. The candidates will be called for counselling/admission depending upon the no. of seats available in each programme. The admissions will be made only out of these qualified candidates strictly in order of merit. The candidates’ ranks who do not qualify in SRM CAT-2018 will not be declared.
SRMCAT MBA/PGDM Cutoff 2018
The cutoff ranks will be announced after the counselling process is over. For every round of counselling, the authority will declare a cutoff. Candidates scoring less than the stated cutoff will not be allowed to attend the counselling rounds.
SRMCAT 2018 Cutoff Info
- The Cutoff score for various participating institutes will be declared independently.
- Merit List will be prepared after the declaration of the cutoff marks.
- Selected Candidate will have to go through Counselling process for admissions.
SRM CAT Answer Key 2018
The authority will release the answer keys for the students to check their answers. It will be declared online and a link to check the same will be provided here on this page. If any candidate is aggrieved by his/her declared result of SRMCAT 2018, he/she may, within a week apply for inspection of his/her OMR answer sheet.
The tentative schedule of counselling together with all will be notified by the authority website, after a declaration of the results. Students have to follow the counselling process for the allotment of their preferred Institute.
- The counselling will be done on the basis of merit list.
- The list of documents required will also be informed through the detailed counselling schedule.
- Applicants should retain a print out of SRM CAT application form as proof of identity of the candidate at the time of counselling/admission.
- On the basis of SRMCAT 2018 Cutoff and the rank obtained by the candidates, they shall be allotted seats into various management colleges affiliated to SRM University.
- Each candidate will have to choose from/out of those available when his/her turn will come.
SRMCAT Exam Centre
The candidates are required to fill the test city in the application form. The choices indicated by the candidates with respect to the Centres shall only be considered as their preferred choices. The allotment of centres will be rearranged if that choice is not available. The list of the test cities along with their city code is tabled below.
- The SRMCAT test is conducted in around 150 exam centres across 29 states and 6 union territories across the country.
- A list of the participating centres and states list is given in the official website of SRM University.
SRM CAT Important Dates 2018:
The important dates are provided in the table below.
|Filing up of Application form||November 2017.(Tentative)|
|Last date of filing up the application online Examination form:||Mid March 2018.(Tentative)|
|Last date of payment for application form:||Mid March 2018.(Tentative)|
|Availability of SRMCAT Admit card||Mid January 2018(Tentative)|
|Date of SRMCAT 2017 Exam||April 2018 (Tentative)|
|Declaration of CMAT 2017 Exam Result||May 2018( tentative)|
For queries regarding application form, payment, document uploading please contact us given contact details:
The Directorate of Admissions,
Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram District