SRM Joint Entrance Examination ( SRMJEE 2019): SRM believes in the fact that “Education is all about creating an environment of academic freedom, where bright minds meet, discover and learn. SRM JEE offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in Engineering, Management, Medicine and Health Sciences, and Science and Humanities, SRM University is truly ranked as one of the top universities for Higher Studies in India.
Every year SRM University conducts its own Entrance test for admission to B. Tech programs called the SRM Joint Entrance Examination or SRMJEE. It is a Computer Based Test (CBT) to be held in various cities across all India, in which questions will be based on XI and XII syllabus with options to attempt papers in either Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB).
SRM Joint Entrance Examination
|Application form release||27th October 2018|
|Last Date for Receipt of OMR Application||31st March 2019|
|Editing in the submitted application form||5th-10th April 2019|
|Slot Booking starts||2nd week of April 2019|
|Exam date||15th – 25th April 2019|
|Publication of Result and Counselling Information||3rd May 2019|
Why choose SRM Univesity
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of SRM University which will try to give you the answer to the question Why to choose SRM University.
- SRM University has been ranked number 1 by Times of India Engineering Institutes Ranking in 2016.
- The University is accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade in the year 2013.
- SRM University is approved by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India in Category ‘A’.
- The University has 38000+ Domestic Students and about 1000+ International Students studying in different fields of Engineering and a wide array of subjects offered by SRM.
- The University has constantly upgraded its Knowledge sharing Platforms and mutual exchanges of Thoughts with over 90+MOUs signed with different universities and Companies all across the globe.
- SRM University has almost 30+ patents by their Highly qualified faculty and students. University also has more than 140 Funded research Projects.
- Almost 6000+ On Campus Placement and Over 150 students sponsored by 35 foreign universities like MIT, Carnegie Mellon, UC Davis, Warwick and Western Australia in 2008-09.
So if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about the SRMJEE. Let us first have a brief look at the subject matter and pattern of SRMJEE 2019.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks per question||Marks|
Mode: SRM University will hold a computer-based test on all dates.
Type of Questions: All questions will be multiple choice questions.
Number of Questions: There will be 35 questions in Physics, 35 questions in Chemistry, and 35 questions in Mathematics / Biology. An overall number of questions in SRMJEEE is 105.
Marking scheme: Each correct answer fetches 3 marks.
Negative marking: There is no negative marking.
Maximum marks: Maximum marks that can be obtained in SRMJEEE is 315.
The language of questions: All questions will be set in English only.
Basic Guideline of SRMJEE 2019:
- The exam is Online and will consist of Objective type Multiple Choice Question (MCQ). Each MCQ has one choice as the correct answer out of the four given.
- The total number of questions in one set of paper will be 105 (PCM) and 120 (PCB). The total time limit is 2: 30 Hours.
- Maximum mark one may obtain is 315. Students have to clear the cutoff made by the university itself to secure a seat in it. For every correct answer, 3 marks would be awarded to students. There is no negative marking.
- All the questions will be based on the difficulty level of the class 12th standard.
Read Also: Best Recommended Books for SRM JEE 2019
Through SRMJEE you can get admissions to the different degree programs offered by SRM University.
(1) Nationality & Age:
- All the Resident Indian, Non-Resident Indian (NRI), holder of PIO or OCI card issued by Government of India are eligible to apply for SRMJEEE (UG).
- Candidate must have completed the age of 17 years as on 31st December of the admission year.
(2) SRM JEE 2019 Qualification:
|Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, and Vadapalani campuses||All B.Tech programs||(i) Minimum 60 % aggregate in PCM.
(ii) Passed in Higher secondary examination (10+2 pattern ) or appearing in Higher Secondary examination in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as major subjects in the regular stream from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE, Matriculation, or NIOS.
(iii) International Baccalaureate (IB) A-level with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as major subjects in any International schools within India.
|NCR, Delhi campus||—DO—||(i) Minimum 55 % aggregate in PCM
(ii) Rest is the same as the above-mentioned course.
|Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, and Vadapalani campuses||B.Tech in Biotechnology /Biomedical Engineering / Genetic Engineering||(i) Minimum 60 % aggregate in PCM
(ii) Passed in the Higher secondary examination (10+2 pattern ) or appearing in Higher Secondary examination in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology or Biotechnology as major subjects in the regular stream from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE, Matriculation, or NIOS
(iii) International Baccalaureate (IB) A-level in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as major subjects in any International schools within India
|NCR, Delhi campus||—DO—||(i) Minimum 55 % aggregate in PCM.
(ii) Rest is the same as the above-mentioned course.
Only those Candidates who have passed the above qualifying examination by clearing the cutoff in not more than 2 attempts including an appearance for improvement will be considered for admission. Successful candidates will be invited for central counselling session based on the score obtained in SRMJEEE (UG). Candidates can choose their preferred specialisation/branch of study in a particular campus based on
- The cut-off score for the specified specialisation/branch
- Fulfilling the program-specific eligibility criteria for a particular campus and
- Subject to the availability of seats at that point in time.
- If a candidate fails to clear the cut-off score for a preferred specialisation/branch for a particular campus, then the candidate can choose to retake the SRMJEEE (UG) to improve the individual score, subject to a maximum of TWO retakes.
- After the selection of specialisation/branch, full tuition fees and other applicable fees have to be paid at the time of counselling.
The application cum entrance examination fee is Rs. 1060/– per slot.
Books For SRM JEE 2019
The SRMJEE Exam is consist of two segment Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) and Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB). Candidates are advised to choose the Paper wisely according to score well in BCECE Examination. The question paper asked in SRMJEE 2019 will be based on the syllabus prescribed for SRMJEE. According to some of the previous toppers of SRMJEE, 3 months of dedicated studies and these Highly Recommended books for SRM Joint Entrance Exam is what you need to score great in the SRM Examination.
Students can solve previous year question papers and sample papers to get updated with the latest trend of SRMJEE. The previous year question paper will help you to get updated with the latest syllabus of SRMJEE and Expected questions to be asked in the SRMJEE question paper. It will help you to score well in SRMJEE 2019 Entrance Examination.
Check SRMJEE Sample paper for more detail.
How to apply
To apply for SRMJEE 2018 one has to visit the official website and apply online. Keep in mind that there is no offline mode to apply and any physical applications or Hard Copy will NOT BE accepted. The admission form is not sold at any point of sales within or outside the campus.
All queries related to admission process and for any further details regarding SRMJEE, please contact.
Phone: +91-44-2745 5510, +91-44-4743 7500, +91-44-2741 7410/ 11.
SRMJEE has its Test Centers all across the globe. Following is the list of Centers for SRMJEE 2018 with their respective centre code.
|State||Test Center||Center Code|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair||101|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||135|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City||137|
|New Delhi||New Delhi||160|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai– Kattankulathur||176|
|Chennai – Ramapuram||177|
|Chennai – Vadapalani||178|