SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017 | Books | Eligibility | Syllabus
Every year Lakhs of aspirant from across the Nation eagerly waits for the notification of Staff Selection Commission (SSC). As the name itself reflects that the organisation is one of the biggest Public Recruitment agency in India. Recently the SSC has released the advertisement for SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017. The notification is made for filling up near about 1100 Scientific Assistant in Indian Meteorological Department. Throughout the article, every aspect related to SSC Scientific Assistant 2017 like exam pattern, study material, syllabus, salary offered and best available Books will be Discussed.
In accordance with the Staff Services Recruitment Rules, the SSC holds the supreme authority to conduct an online written test for the recruitment of Scientific Assistant in Indian Meteorological Department. On the results of the recruitment test merit list of finally selected candidate will be published on the official website and newspaper. Let us check out various aspect related to SSC Scientific Assistant 2017 in India Meteorological Department recruitment.
- 1 SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017
- 1.1 Brief Description
- 1.2 SSC Scientific Assistant 2017 Eligibility Criteria.
- 1.3 SSC Scientific Assistant 2017 Exam Pattern.
- 1.4 SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2017
- 1.5 Online Test Series & Study Materials
- 1.6 SSC Scientific Assistant 2017 Application Fee
- 1.7 How to apply for SSC Scientific Assistant 2017
- 1.8 SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Dates 2017
- 1.9 Helpline
SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017
Before we go deep with the information let us first have a look at the Major Features of the Scientific Assistant in India Meteorological Department Examination 2017 notification.
|Recruitment Organisation||Indian Meteorological Department – IMD|
|Pay-Scale||4200/- Grade pay|
|Salary Band||Rs 9300-34800/-|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type of questions||Objective [One has to tick the right option out of Four] (MCQ)|
|Exam Date||21st Nov 2017- 27th Nov 2017|
|Application Start Date||18/07/17|
|Application Close Date||04/08/17|
Now let us quickly move to the exam pattern and Syllabus for the SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017.
SSC Scientific Assistant 2017 Eligibility Criteria.
Let’s read the eligibility criteria for the recruitment of scientific assistant in Indian Metrological Department.
Candidate must be either.
A citizen of India/ or a subject of Nepal/ or a subject of Bhutan/ or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Bachelor’s Degree in Science (with Physics as one of the subject)/ Computer Science/Information Technology/ Computer Applications OR Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from a recognised Institution/University or equivalent.
- Applicants applying for the post must not exceed 30 years as on 04.08.2017.
- Relaxation: SC/ST 5 years, OBC 3 years, PH 10 years for other categories check official notification
SSC Scientific Assistant 2017 Exam Pattern.
The Question paper for SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017 will be of 200 questions. The exam Paper will be divided into two parts. Part 1 and part 2. Let us look into the exam pattern of both the parts in Brief.
|Paper||Subjects||No of Questions||Time Duration|
|Part I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||120 |
|English language & Comprehension||25|
|Part II||Physics, Computer Science & Information Technology, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||100|
Things to Know
- Paper Type: Objective.
- Negative marking: 1/4th marks for every wrong answer.
- Parts: Paper will be divided into two Parts (Part 1 & Part 2)
SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2017
Now let us have a look at SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017 Syllabus for Part 1 and Part 2.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language & Comprehension||General Awareness|
DifferencesSpace visualisation Problem-solving Analysis
Visual memory Discrimination
Relationship concepts Arithmetical reasoning Verbal and figure classification arithmetical number series etc.
|Whole numbers |
Decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and Distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various Kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres etc.
|English grammar Vocabulary |
Synonyms and Antonyms Comprehension
Correct and incorrect usages etc.
Physical, geographical, topographical, economic and climatic features of India. Current events. Matters of everyday observation and experience on scientific aspects and reasoning.
Basic topics of mathematics.
Chemistry and Physics. History of India, its cultural heritage, freedom movement, the salient feature of the Constitution of India. The Economic and social aspect of the country and its people.
Online Test Series & Study Materials
If you have been through the post then it’s time to check the level of your knowledge with these specially designed test series on General Awareness, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and other High Valued Subjects.
Free Online Test for Aptitude, Reasoning, Computer Awareness, General Knowledge etc. Click Here
Download Free Study Material and Notes:
- General Knowledge and General Studies: Click Here
- English Language: Click Here
- Study Material and Notes of Computer Science Free!! Click Here
- SSC Scientific Assistant Previous Question Papers
- SSC Scientific Assistant Cut-off: Last Year Cut-off for IMD
- Best Books for SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017 (Indian Metrological Department)
- SSC Scientific Assistant Salary – Indian Meteorological Department (IMD)
- SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017: Syllabus (Part 1 & Part 2)
- UPSC Civil Services Prelims syllabus/ Exam Pattern/ Elementary Resources.
- Download NCERT Books for Competitive Exams in PDF (Free)
SSC Scientific Assistant 2017 Application Fee
Application fee for the SSC Scientific Recruitment 2017 is Rs. 100/-.
Mode of Payment
- Candidate applying for the post can directly pay the application fees online (Using Debit/Credit/Net-Banking) by visiting www.ssconline.nic.in.
- You can also pay the fee through SBI challan.
Note: Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance. All women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Physically Handicapped categories are exempted from paying the application fee, as per the government orders.
How to apply for SSC Scientific Assistant 2017
One should follow these simple steps to apply for the SSC Scientific Recruitment 2017. Candidate must keep in mind that the application form must be submitted online. No Offline form will be entertained.
- One has to go to the official website of SSC ie ssconline.nic.in
- There you will be redirected to the online application page.
- If you are new to the registration window then you have to Sign in First.
- If you have already registered for SSC website then log in with the username and password.
- Update the required window with the set of information you have (Plese Fill the form correctly).
- Check all the inputs before clicking to the final submit button.
- After Submission, you will be redirected to payment window. Pay the required amount for the application.
- Take 2-3 copies for the future reference.
SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Dates 2017
Hope the information we have provided will help you to answer all the queries related to SSC Scientific Recruitment 2017. Now let us have a look at the important dates related to the examination.
|Online Submission of Form Starts||18-07-2017|
|End Date to Apply application||4/8/2017|
|Offline Challan generation Last date||04-08-2017 up to 05:00 PM|
|Payment through SBI challan||08-08-2017 up to 05:00 PM|
|Online Exam||20-11-2017 to 27-11-2017|
For any irregularities or problem while filling up the application form, feel free to contact to the SSC Contact Address.
Staff Selection Commission
Block No-12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110091
For any Query related to Best Books for SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the best preparation Strategy for SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!!