The State Bank of India (Founded in 1806) is one of the oldest Multinational Public Sector Banking and Financial Services Company. commercial banks in the Indian subcontinent which also provides the facility of SBI Educational Loan. If you want Educational Loan to pursue higher studies from India or Abroad, You are at the right place to collect every aspect of information related to Education Loan in India. Read this full post on SBI Education Loan for information Like Eligibility, How to apply, Interest Rates, Documents Needed, Different aspects of Educational Loan, Interest Rates, Return Policy, General Instructions etc.
In this post, we will discuss various aspect related to the SBI Education loan like Loan Eligibility, How to apply, Interest Rates, Documents Needed, Interest Rates, Return Policy, General Instructions and other frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) related to State Bank of India Education Loan.
SBI Education Loan
The major aim of the bank is to diminish the gap of education with money, by providing education loan to financially weak students. The Bank is very serious about its Education Loan Facility and by developing an effective customer-centric relationship it promises to emerge as a world-class education Loan provider. Before we share further, let us first have a brief review of the State Bank of India.
|Name of Bank||State Bank of India|
|Type of Bank||State Bank|
|Number of Employees||257,252 (March 2019)|
|Maximum Loan Amount||Rs 30.0 Lacs|
|Timeline for Loan Disposal||Maximum 15 Working days|
|Annual Revenue||₹2.79644 trillion (US$39 billion) (2019)|
|Processing Fees||No Processing Fee will be charged|
|Category||Education Loan in India|
Types of SBI Education Loan.
|1.||Scholar Loan||This loan is available for courses at select leading institutions in India like IITs, IIMs, NITs, AIIMS and other premier institutions. One can avail a loan up to Rs. 30 lakh.|
|2.||Global Ed-Vantage||This loan is exclusively for full-time regular courses at foreign colleges and universities. One can avail a loan from Rs. 20 lakh up to Rs. 1.5 crores.|
|3.||Student Loan||This loan is for pursuing higher education in India or abroad. One can avail a loan amount up to Rs. 10 lakh for studies in India and Rs. 20 lakh for studies abroad.|
|4.||Skill loan||SBI Skill Loan Scheme aims at providing a loan facility to individuals. who intend to take up skill development courses as per the Skilling Loan Eligibility Criteria. One can avail a loan amount from Rs 5000 to Rs 1.5 lac|
|5.||Take Over of Educational Loan||With this loan, you can switch your existing high-cost education loan to SBI and reduce your monthly EMIs (Equated Monthly Instalments).|
How to Apply
- Visit official Web Site of State Bank of India (Click Here).
- Find the Educational Loan Section (Apply now button).
- Fill online Application Form.
- Visit the nearest branch of State Bank of India to get offline Education Loan form.
- You may also download the form from official web handle.
- Submit the Application Form to Nearest Branch along with document needed.
- The Applicant should be an Indian National.
- Applicant must have secured an admission in any Government recognized Educational Institution.
- Mark sheet of last qualifying examination for school and graduate studies in India
- Academic Records: 10th Result, 12th Result, Graduation result-semester Wise (if Possible) Entrance Exam Result through which admission is being taken.
- Proof of admission: Offer Letter or Admission Letter from the Institution.
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Residence
- Schedule of expenses for the course
- Copies of the letter confirming scholarship, etc.
- Copies of foreign exchange permit, if applicable.
- 2 Passport size Photographs.
- Statement of Bank account for the last six months of borrower
- Income tax assessment order not more than 2 years old.
- A brief statement of assets and liabilities of the borrower.
- If you are not an existing bank customer you would also need to establish your identity and give proof of residence.
- Tuition and Course fee
- Examination, library and laboratory fees
- Caution deposit
- Cost of books, Uniforms, Equipment and other Instruments.
- Travel Expenses.
Return Policy and Repayment Period
- In case of SBI Education loan, repayment will start after the completion of course Period+ 1 year and Moratorium period Repayment will commence 6 months after completion of Course.
- Repayment up to Maximum of 15 years.
EMI Calculator is used for calculating the periodic payment amount due on a loan. For calculating EMI one must input data like Amount, Interest Rate, tenure, Processing Fee etc.
- If you want to calculate EMI for SBI Education Loan: Click Here
SBI Education Loan Security
- Tangible collateral security
- Collateral security offered by Third Party (other than parents) can also be accepted.
|Head office||State Bank Of India|
11, Sansad Marg, Parliament Street, Delhi – 110001, Near Jantar Mantar
|Apply for Loan||Click Here|
|Contact Number||18004253800, 1800112211|
Educational Loans FAQs
Ans: Your parents/guardian can be a co-borrower as well as the spouse in case of a married applicant. The co-borrower should have a steady source of income and a good credit history in order to improve the applicant’s chances of a successful loan application.
Ans: Generally, the time taken for the education loan to process is somewhat between 7-10 working days. Often, the whole process can be easily completed within 3 to 5 Working days, once the student fulfils all documentation.
Ans: Apart from the tuition fees, other aspects of expenses such as hostel charges, equipment purchases and other course-related expenses may also be covered by the education loan.
Ans: An education loan can be availed for all courses recognized by the UGC in case of India and all regular courses abroad. Each lender has its own list of educational institutions and courses that they would provide a loan for whether overseas or within India.
Ans: Yes, this is possible. You can borrow a loan for a bachelor’s degree followed by one for master’s without repaying the first loan. This loan can be taken as a top-up loan against the already existing loan; however, it is subject to the lending bank’s discretion and the internal rules and regulations of the lender.
Ans: Loan borrowers can avail tax benefits on interest paid on education loan under Sec 80E of the Income Tax Act. This benefit is available over and above the Rs. 150,000 deduction allowed under Section 80C. Tax benefits can be availed once the borrower starts paying the interest on the education loan. Further, the deduction is available until the borrower pays off the full interest amount on the loan or for a maximum period of 8 years, whichever is earlier.
Ans: Banks usually prefer that students avail a life insurance policy equivalent to, or more than, the loan amount. The policy acts as a security feature and forms a part of the collateral. In case of the untimely demise of the borrower, the bank recovers the outstanding loan amount from the student’s life insurance policy and the remaining amount, if any, is paid out to the beneficiary of the policy.
Ans: Banks generally provide a 0.5% concession on the applicable education loan interest rate to girl students pursuing higher education in India and abroad.
Ans: Yes, eligibility criteria and loan margins on education loan are relaxed for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe students availing education loans in India. The eligibility criteria are lowered from first/second class to pass class for SC/ST category students seeking education loan for graduate and postgraduate studies, while, margin money is sometimes lowered than the regular percentage or nil.
Ans: The loan is available from all branches in metro/urban areas as well as those having personal banking divisions.
Best of Luck..!!
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply