Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences Shimoga(SMC Shivamogga) is one of the leading Medical College in Karnataka. It was founded in the year 2012. It is also popularly known as Subbaiah Medical College Shivamogga situated in Shivamogga, Karnataka. Subbaiah Medical College is one of the leading Medical College In Karnataka.SMC Shimoga is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and approved by the Medical Council of India. The Medical Institute Sprawled over a lush green area of 32 acres, the College is housed in several buildings, which stand over a total space of 12,00,000sq.ft.
In the article, We are going to share all the essential details SMC Shivamogga like Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, and other details.
Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences Shimoga
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the College details of Subbaiah Medical College Shimoga.
|Name of Institute||Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences Shimoga|
|Popular Name||SMC Shimoga, Subbaiah Medical College Shimoga|
|Year of Establishment||2012|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes(boys and girls)|
|Category||Medical College in Karnataka|
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: Medical Council Of India (MCI
- Aid Status: Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
- Sports Complex
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
The College offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified Faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|MBBS||150||4 ½ Years + 1 Year Internship|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
|Course||Fee (Annual) CET ||Fee (Annual) NEET/KRLM ||Fee (Annual) MGMT/NRI |
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET Cut off 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET Cut off 2018
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates |
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
NEET Cutoff 2017
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||697-131||5,43,473*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||130-118||67|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||130-107||14599|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||130-107||6018|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||130-107||47382|
Karnataka NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Karnataka Education Authority to get themselves registered for NEET 2020 Karnataka State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Karnataka NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Karnataka NEET 2020 Counselling schedule.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Karnataka NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2020 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota).
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Karnataka must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Subbaiah Medical College Shimoga(SMC Shimoga)|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Shimoga.
- We would like to give 4.1 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Top MBBS College in Karnataka
Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences Shimoga
Address: Subbaiah Institute Of Medical Sciences N.h – 13 Purle, Shimoga-577222, Karnataka, India
Email: [email protected]
Official Website: http://www.smcshimoga.com/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Is there any chance of medical seat with NEET score of 450 in this college?
Answer: The availability of seats into the college solely depends upon the NEET Cutoff score. Depending upon the number of candidates applied for the test and the observation of the results, it can be said that scoring 450 will create a great chance for the college.
What does Free Exit for NEET counselling round one mean?
Answer: The Free exit in NEET Counselling 2020 means that if a candidate is allotted a seat in the round 1 of NEET 2020 counselling but do not report/join the allotted college then s/he will not be penalised and will be eligible to participate in the next round of counselling.
Question: What are freeze, Float and withdrawal choices shown in NEET counselling 2020 form?
Freeze (lock): A candidate, who is satisfied with the presently allotted seat to him and does not want to be considered for upgradations of the seat in any subsequent rounds of counselling is required to opt for the FREEZE/LOCK option.
Float: A candidate, who wants to confirm the seat presently allotted to him and also at the same time wants to be considered for upgradations of the seat in next Round of counselling on the basis of his/her already filled choices, is required to opt for the FLOAT option.
Withdraw: A candidate, who is not satisfied with the presently allotted seat to him/her and does not want to be considered for allotment in any subsequent rounds of counselling, should opt for the WITHDRAW option.
Question: When will the NEET counselling process start?
Answer: The schedule of the NEET counselling has not been released yet. However, it is likely to start in the second week of June 2020.
Question: If a candidate is allotted a seat in round one but does not join the college then will s/he be considered eligible for the next round?
Answer: If a candidate is allotted a seat in the round one of NEET counselling 2020 then s/he will be given a choice to join the allotted college or not. Candidates who will not report or join the allotted college will also be considered eligible for round two.
Question: Difference between percentage & percentile in NEET?
Answer: Basically your percentage is irrelevant of how the other students have fared in the same exam and it is just a reflection of how well you did individually.
Percentage = (your marks/total marks) x 100
Percentile is a little different as it is relative. Here the scores of the other students in the same exam are very important to how we calculate a person’s percentile as it gives you the idea of how good/bad you did in an exam.
Percentile = (number of people behind you/total number of people) x 100
Question: 50% Means, How many marks in NEET?
Answer: 50 percentage is 360 marks out of 720. NEET scores are not based on percentages but rather based on percentiles which means that it really depends on how many students score better than you.
Question: Are any chances to get selected in government medical college with neet score of 500 marks?
Answer: The current situation is that if you score below 500 there is no chance in getting anything through the central counselling whatsoever. Few chances through the state quota are also very meek!
If it ranges between 520 to 550 you will get a govt seat through the centralized all India counselling conducted by MCI online, for sure to get a govt seat through your state quota!
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!