This section gives information about various agriculture colleges in India. It gives details about courses, fee structure, contact information etc.
The agricultural study involves courses like forestry, horticulture, equine studies (horse), viticulture, food processing, wool science, plant breeding, soil science and plant nutrition.
You need to study about agriculture when you have big farms and you are commercializing crops.
Main subjects in agricultural studies are:
- Agronomy 1 — crop production.
- Agronomy 2— field crops.
- Entomology — study about insects.
- Plant pathology — plant diseases.
- Soil science — soil studies,manures,fertilisers.
- Genetics and plant breeding — physiology and genetic engineering and others.
- Agricultural Economics.
- Agriculture Extension.
Jobs related to agricultural degree:
- Agricultural consultant.
- Farm manager.
- Fish farm manager.
- Plant breeder/geneticist.
- Rural practice surveyor.
- Soil scientist.