Today we are going to introduce another one of the popular entrance exams TANCET 2020 (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test). It is the state level entrance examination. This exam is conducted for admission to the ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan, MCA & MBA courses. Through this exam, candidates can get admission into the government & non-government colleges of Tamil Nadu state. This entrance exam will be managed by the Anna University, Chennai on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu. Candidates can get complete information regarding TANCET 2020 entrance exam, application form, eligibility, exam dates, syllabus, Last Year Papers etc.
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
Why Choose TANCET Exam?
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of the Exam which will give the answer to the question Why to choose TANCET Entrance Exam.
- Anna University Chennai will conduct Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2017 on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- The exam will offer admission opportunity into various postgraduate courses MBA; M.C.A; and ME/MTech/MArch./M.Plan. Degree Programmes for the year 2020–2021 offered at University Departments, University Colleges of Engineering, Regional Campuses of Anna University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges, Arts & Science Colleges and Self-financing Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges including stand-alone Institutions) in Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate may get admission into several State-level Universities and Government Colleges in Tamil Nadu.
- Anna University’s Regional Campuses and
- Many Stand-alone Institutions Affiliated to the Anna University
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about TANCET Admission Test 2020. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of TANCET Common Entrance Test
Important Date of TANCET 2020 Applications for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2020 conducted by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu from candidates who seek admission to M.B.A., M.C.A. and M.E. /M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. Degree Programmes for the year 2020-21 offered at University Departments, University Colleges of Engineering, Regional Campuses of Anna University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and Arts & Science Colleges and Self-financing Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges including stand-alone Institutions) in Tamil Nadu can be registered only through Online. Some Universities and Self-Financing Engineering Colleges may also opt to admit the candidates on the basis of marks obtained in TANCET 2020.
|Application form Starts From||7th January 2020|
|Application Form Last Date||4th February 2020|
|Hall Ticket/Admit card Availability||13th February 2020|
|Date of Exam||For MCA & MBA (29th February 2020)
For M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./ M.Plan. (1st March 2020)
|The announcement of Result||20th March 2020|
|Counselling Procedure Starts From||April/ May 2020|
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on TANCET 2020 Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions of the exam are given below
- Candidate must have graduation degree from UGC college/University with at least 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
- Candidates appearing for the final semester/year of their graduation may apply for the test except courses offered by Professional Institution (like AMIE) during April/May 2020 may also apply for TANCET 2020.
Other State Candidates can also appear for the entrance test, but the eligibility conditions will be stipulated by the admitting authority / University.
How to Apply?
The application form for TANCET 2020 information is given here.
- Students will get the application form through online mode from the official website of TANCET.
- TANCET Online application form will be available from 7th January 2020 to 4th February 2020.
- Students have to fill only one TANCET 2020 application form for all the three entrance exams.
- There is no need to send the filled application form through offline mode or by post.
- Keep the printout of the filled application form for future use.
Note: No application will be provided in offline mode.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode only.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 600 (Rs. 300 for SCA/ST/SC category) for anyone of the programme.
- If a candidate wants to appear for more than one programme, then they have to deposit Rs. 1200 (Rs. 600 for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu) for every additional programme.
TANCET Syllabus 2020
Here we are going to mention courses wise syllabus.
Quantitative ability, Analytical reasoning, Logical reasoning, Computer awareness, Verbal ability and Basic sciences etc.
- PART I: Engineering Mathematics
- PART II: Basic Engineering & Sciences
- PART III: As per the discipline selected (Chosen Subject).
Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning.
TANCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Let’s have a look courses wise Exam pattern
As we know the TANCET 2020 exam will be held on 29th February 2020 For MCA & MBA and 1st March 2020 For M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./ M.Plan. The examination of MCA & MBA will be organized on the same date but at a different time.
|Courses||Number of Questions||Marks Allowed|
- Exam Duration: The duration of the exam will be about two hours.
- No. of Questions: Total 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Type of Questions: The question will be of multiple type questions.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be allotted to the candidates for a correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For an incorrect answer, 1/3 marks will be deducted.
- Attempts: In ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M. Plan section, PART I & II is compulsory. PART III according to the discipline selected during registration.
Candidates can download their call letter/Offer letter from the official website of the university. The admission is strictly made on the basis of the candidate’s rank obtained in the entrance exam.
The examination cell will release the TANCET admit card of 13th February 2020. Students, who complete the registration process successfully, can get their admit card online from the official website of Anna University. Your admit card will contain the important details and instructions regarding the exam.
Applicants can check their result of TANCET 2020 through online mode on 20th March 2020. Candidates need to enter their registration number in order to view their result online. After the announcement of the result, selected candidates will be called for further counselling round.
For queries regarding application form, payment, document uploading please contact given contact details:
TANCA (Tamil Nadu Common Admissions),
Chennai – 600025.
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply