The Hindu College Delhi is considered as one of the Elite colleges under Delhi University. The college was established in the year 1899. The College is ranked among the top colleges in India for humanities, science and commerce with more than 100 faculty members.
Hindu College endeavours to nurture students with a keen analytical and scientific bent of mind with a sensitivity to their responsibilities and human values so that they are amongst the best citizens of India.
Hindu College Delhi
Before we talk about Hindu College Delhi (University of Delhi) complete college summary, let us have to look at the major information of Hindu College Delhi.
|Name of Institute||Hindu College Delhi|
|Popular Name||Hindu College Delhi|
|Year of Establishment||1899|
|Affiliated with||Delhi University|
|Category||Colleges Affiliated to Delhi University|
Through this article, you can get complete information about the Hindu College Delhi (University of Delhi) like Admission, Courses offered, Fees structure, Facilities, Cutoff, Placement details, Ranking, Faculty and Staff and others details.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement
- Affiliated with: University of Delhi (DU)
- Accredited by: UGC
- Aid Status: Government
- Computer Room
- Stationery Shop
The Hindu College offers some of the quality programs under the supervision of highly qualified Faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate programs in Commerce and Humanities.
|Undergraduate||Bachelor of Commerce Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts in Economics Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts in English Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts in Hindi Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts in History Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts in Music Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts in Political Science Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts in Sanskrit Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts in Sociology Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Science in Physical Sciences||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Science in Applied Physical Sciences (Electronics)||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Science in Chemistry Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Science in Physics Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Science in Mathematics Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Science in Statistics Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Science in Botany Honours||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Science in Zoology Honours||3 Years|
|Postgraduate||Master of Arts in English||2 Years|
|Master of Arts in Hindi||2 Years|
|Master of Arts in Economics||2 Years|
|Master of Arts in Sanskrit||2 Years|
|Master of Arts in Political Science||2 Years|
|Master of Arts in Philosophy||2 Years|
|Master of Arts in History||2 Years|
|Master of Arts in Statistics||2 Years|
|Master of Science in Physics||2 Years|
|Master of Science in Botany||2 Years|
|Master of Science in Chemistry||2 Years|
The seat matrix of Hindu College Delhi can be best understood by the below-given seat matrix details.
Faculty & Staff
The college offers admission with an intake of 1000+ numbers of students per year. The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology.
It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students.
Admission to various courses offered by the college is made through the University of Delhi selection procedure. The University has announced admissions to various undergraduate courses (merit-based) for all colleges for the academic session 2019-20.
|Course Name||Online Registration|
|UG Programs (Merit and Entrance Based)||May 30, 2019 (8:00 PM)|
|PG Programs||June 3, 2019|
|PG Diploma in Cyber Security & Law||June 3, 2019|
|MPhil and PhD.||June 3, 2019|
UG Cutoff Dates
|First Cutoff List||June 28, 2019|
|Documents Verification||June 28 – July 1, 2019|
|Second Cutoff List||July 4, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 4 – July 6, 2019|
|Third Cutoff List||July 9, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 9 – July 11, 2019|
|Fourth Cutoff List||July 15, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 15 – July 17, 2019|
|Fifth Cutoff List||July 20, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 20 – July 23, 2019|
For PG Admissions
|Registration window||June 3, 2019|
|Last Date of Registration||To be announced|
|Date of PG Exam||2nd week of July 2019|
|Answer Key Release||2nd week of July 2019|
|Result Declaration||1st week of August 2019|
|Commencement of Interview||Last week of August 2019|
The students shall be required to submit the following self-attested documents along with the application form in original:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marks Sheet
- Class XII Marks Sheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate / Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC / ST Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority.
- Transfer Certificate from school /college as well as Migration Certificate from Board/University is required from those students who have passed the senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Three passport size self-attested photographs.
- Top 10 Colleges of Delhi University | Edufever Ranking 2019
- Top Delhi University South Campus Colleges | Edufever Ranking 2019
- Top 10 Colleges in North Campus | Edufever Ranking 2019.
- Minimum required eligibility to take admission in the undergraduate courses is at least 50% aggregate in Senior School Certification Examination.
- Students belonging to the reserved category will be given 5% concession in the minimum required marks (OBC/SC/ST candidates, widows, children of armed personnel and students with disabilities).
The fees structure of The Hindu College for different courses is mentioned below.
|B.Sc. (H) program||16,590/-|
|B.Sc. (H) Stats||15,690/-|
The Hindu College Delhi offers many scholarships schemes that are for 12th pass students and can be availed for any course. These scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College offers a scholarship for the following categories.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections are eligible for fee concession.
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- There is a Book Bank facility in the library from where needy students can borrow textbooks for the whole academic year.
- Some special scholarships are also provided by the Delhi University for students belonging to SC/ ST/ BPL/ PWD categories.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
- University Merit Scholarships.
- Scholarships for the wards of Ex-servicemen.
- Scholarships for the wards of Riot Affected.
Important Note: As per Director of Public Instructions, the amount of scholarship to students will be transferred directly to the Aadhar Card linked bank account of the beneficiaries.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The Placement Cell of Hindu College (DISHA) is a full-fledged training & placement cell which periodically liaises and interacts with the corporate world in order to explore the possibility of training and job Placement of students. The placement cell organises pre-recruitment training and discussion programs among the final year students and arranges the campus recruitment programs for the aspiring and deserving final year students. Training and Placement Cell of the College provides the following facilities at the college premises.
- Conducting Mock personal interviews and group discussions to make students aware of the selection procedures.
- Summer Industrial Training, Internship and final placement of students.
- Conducting Industrial Visits & Industry Oriented Training Programmes.
- Invite Professional Guest Speakers to impart necessary inputs for the above-mentioned activities.
With a placement percentage of 95%, Disha has essayed a pivotal role in the academic lives of students who wish to get a head start in the professional field.
- Ernst & Young
- DE Shaw
The Hindu College Delhi Cutoff is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
Hindu College Delhi Cutoff
Rankings and Reputation
The Hindu College Delhi has turned out to be one of the Best Colleges in India. The Infrastructure is very Good, Faculties are Highly trained, Corporate Training and Internships programs are very good so does the Labs and Library.
|Name of Institute||Hindu College Delhi|
We would like to give this college 4.6 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best Colleges under Delhi University.
- The College Ranked 8th in India Best Science Colleges– 2016 conducted by India Today Group.
- Ranked 12th in India Best Commerce Colleges in India- India Today Survey 2014.
- NIRF Ranking 2019 Top 100 Colleges in India: 2 (Cumulative Marks Score: 70.57)
Read Also: 75+ Career and Courses After Class 12th Arts
Read Also: 10 tips to choose the best career option
Hindu College (Delhi University)
- Hindu College
- Kirori Mal College
- Acharya Narendra Dev College
- Lady Shri Ram College
- Sri Aurobindo College Morning Delhi
- Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College, Delhi
- Shivaji College Delhi
For further admission related queries, Comment on the Box below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of luck..!!!