TIET 2020: Thapar Institute Engineering Entrance Exam (TIET) 2020 will be conducted between July to August 2020. This exam is released for Bachelor, Master Degree Programs and engineering students who are willing to seek admission in Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology. In the Exam of TIET 2020 Admission Seekers must have secured 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate). Candidates belonging to SC/ST category must have secured 50% marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in +2 (or its equivalent).
Throughout the article, we will discuss TIET 2020 Exams. The TIET is the All India computer-based test held across the country for providing admission in engineering courses. Here we will let you know about TIET Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Test Series, Seat Matrix, Sample Paper, Books and more.
👉 Download Hand Written Notes for TIET 2020 Examination Click Here
Here we have mentioned some useful resources of TIET 2020, that will help you.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Slot Booking||College Predictor||Rank Predictor|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
The TIET 2020 entrance exam will be conducted in Online mode (Computer- Based Test). The duration of this entrance exam is 2 hours in the examination. The multiple-choice questions asked will be asked in the examination of the TIET 2020 exam.
|Full-Form||Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology|
|Commonly Known As||TIET 2020|
|Conducting Body||Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (Deemed to be University)|
|Level||University Level Exams|
|Purpose of Exam||For admissions to various B.Tech programmes offered by the institute|
|Criteria of Selection||
|Mode of Application||Online|
Candidates are advised to go through the important dates of TIET 2020 to know details about the examination and admission timeline. By knowing the important dates, the candidates will be less likely to miss out on any important process of the entrance examination.
|Events||Dates (Will be updated soon)|
|Application form release||23 Feb – 30 Jun 2020 (Tentative)|
|Last date to submit application Form||–|
|Application correction window||–|
|Exam city correction||–|
|Release of Admit card||–|
|Date of exam||–|
|Release of Answer key||–|
|Declaration of Result||16 Jul – 31 Jul 2020 (Tentative)|
|Counselling starts||01 Jul – 31 Jul 2020 (Tentative)|
Entrance Exams in India
Here we have provided TIET 2020 Sample Papers that will definitely help you to crack TIET examination.
Physics Sample Papers
|Physics Sample Paper||Download Here|
Chemistry Sample Papers
|Chemistry Sample Paper||Download Here|
Mathematics Sample Papers
|Mathematics Sample Paper||Download Here|
The candidates who wish to apply for TIET 2020 admission must ensure that they meet the below-given eligibility requirements as set by the authority. Those who fail to fulfil any of these conditions will not be able to take part in TIET B.Tech Admission process:
- All the aspirants must be the citizen of India.
♦ Age Criteria
- The date of birth of the aspirants must fall on or after October 1, 1995. In case of SC, PWD or ST candidates, the age relaxation will be five years.
♦ Educational Qualification
- The aspirants must have cleared 10+2 or other equivalent exams with a minimum score of 75% for general category and 70% for SC/ST category. These marks must be in a total of the subjects Mathematics, Physics and Biology or Biotechnology or Technical Vocational Subject or Chemistry.
- The candidates who have done any diploma course from a state board of technical education or any AICTE recognized institute with the duration of 3 years and with a minimum aggregate score of 60% in case of general category and 55% in case of SC or ST can apply for admission.
- The aspirants must have attained at least 60% aggregate marks in class 12th or other equivalent qualifying exams with three subjects such as Mathematics, Physics and Biology or Biotechnology or Technical Vocational Subject or Chemistry
- The aspirants must carry valid JEE Main 2020 scores.
The Thapar Institute will conduct TIET 2020 in July to August 2020. TIET 2020 will be conducted online mode in different cities of India. The TIET or earlier it is called a TI Entrance Test (TIET) will be administered by the university to offer admissions into the UG and PG engineering programmes on offer in the university.
- Exam Date: The exam will be conducted on July or August 2020.
- Number of Questions: In the examination, there will be 90 objective type questions.
- Medium: The medium of all Tests shall be English, except where a question paper will be set in a language other than English.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 90 marks.
- Subjects: The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects.
- Duration: The exam duration will be 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answer, one mark will be given to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: For the incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Do’s and Don’ts
Candidates applying for TIET Engineering Entrance Examination 2020 are advised to read these following examination guidelines before going to the exam centre.
- You should arrive at the examination centre as per reporting time mentioned in the admit card
- Carry a Valid Id proof for Verification
- You should sit in the pre-allocated seat
- Candidates should maintain silence during and after the admission test
- Make sure you sign the attendance sheet in the presence of Invigilator.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry written material inside the examination hall.
- You are not allowed to write anything on the Admit card.
- Aspirants will not be allowed to carry any electronic device like Mobile phone, calculators, cameras or any music devices.
- You will not be allowed to go out of examination hall till the completion of the entire exam time
- You are not allowed to carry eatable items inside the examination hall, only water bottle allowed.
TIET 2020 Application Form
TIET 2020 Application Form has been released by Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology. Along with the form, candidates will also be required to deposit the application fees of TIET 2020. Candidates who will be filling the application form can go through the mentioned below steps to know how to fill the application form.
The steps which need to be followed are :
- Step 1: Get Register- Candidates will have to register themselves by entering their details and programme they wish to apply for. After submitting all the details, create a new account option will appear. Click on it.
- Step 2: Generation of Username- ‘ Username’ and ‘password’ will be sent to the candidates registered email-id and mobile number. Make the password and continue.
- Step 3: Fill the Application Form- Enter personal, academic, qualifying exam and other required details along with the communication address.
- Step 4: Upload Photograph and Signature- Upload scanned images of photograph, signature, parent’s signature and JEE Main admit card in the required format and dimension as prescribed.
- Step 5: Pay the Application Fees- Once uploaded the images, pay Rs 1500 as the application fee of TIET B.Tech 2020. The application fee can be paid either online or offline.
Mode of Payment
- Candidates can pay the application fee through online by the way of Debit/Credit/Net Banking or by Demand Draft (DD).
- In case of payment through DD candidates can draw it in the favour of “Thapar University”, payable at Patiala.
- BE/B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA/ME and PhD courses Rs. 1500/-
- M.Sc/M.A/MBA programme Rs. 1000/-
The TIET 2020 Exams syllabus consisting of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates can study through NCERT books for the contents. The syllabus is prepared from the CBSE/NCERT syllabus of 11th & 12th standard. Below candidates can check the complete subject-wise syllabus.
♦ For Chemistry
- Surface Chemistry
- Hydrogen and s-block elements
- s-p-d and f-blocks elements
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Physical and Chemical Equilibria
- Chemical Kinetics
- Industrial and Environmental Chemistry
- Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbon
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen.
|Units and Measurement||Click Here|
|Laws of Motion||Click Here|
|Work, Energy and Power||Click Here|
|Rotational Motion||Click Here|
|Properties of Solids and Liquids||Click Here|
|Kinetic Theory of Gases||Click Here|
|Solid State||Click here|
|Atomic Structure||Click Here|
|Chemical Bonding||Click Here|
|Molecular Structure||Click Here|
|Equilibrium involving chemical processes||Click Here|
|Redox Reactions and Electro-chemistry||Click Here|
|Physics||30 x 4 = 120||Sample Paper 1|
|Chemistry||30 x 4 = 120||Sample Paper 1|
|Mathematics||30 x 4 = 120||Sample Paper 1|
|Physics||10 x 1 = 10||Sample Paper 2|
|Chemistry||10 x 1 = 10||Sample Paper 2|
|Mathematics||10 x 1 = 10||Sample Paper 2|
TIET Admit Card will be released after the slot booking process. The link of TIET admits card 2020 will be notified on the official website of TIET. The link will be shared with the aspirants through his/her registration id & mobile number. In case of any discrepancy noticed in admit card regarding particulars of the candidate, photograph, and signature or any other information vary from the confirmation page, he/she may immediately contact the TIET examination Board unit for necessary corrections before the exam commencement. The e-Admit Card will be generated once the candidate has booked his/her schedule through the Online Test Booking System.
♦ Steps to Download Thapar University 2020 Admit Card
The university releases the admit card for candidates a few days before the test, they need to download the same and carry it to the exam centre. To download the admit card, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of the Thapar University at thapar.edu.in or you can also click on the direct link that will be provided on this page for downloading the admit card.
- Submit details like Roll Number, Date of Birth, Password etc as per the requirements.
- After filling all the details, click on the Submit Button
- The admit card is going to appear on your screen
- You may now download and take the print out of the admit card
According to official instructions, the TIET 2020 Examination result will be declared in July to August 2020. The result will release via online mode through the website. Students can Cheak their results by entering their roll number and other required details. The scores secured by the candidates in the TIET 2020 exam will be available in the result.
The cutoff of TIET 2020 will consist of the minimum ranks that have to be secured to have higher chances of admission. Candidates will be able to access the cutoff in the form of opening and closing ranks. The cutoff will differ for each branch and category. Candidates can refer to the previous year cutoff to know their chances of admissions into the institute.
TIET 2018 Cutoff (List of First Counselling)
|Last Rank||Marks of Last Rank||Last Rank||Marks of Last Rank|
|EIC||Electronics Instrumentation and Control||231155||52||59259||99|
|ENC||Electronics and Computer||99283||79||32840||125|
The counselling process of Thapar University 2020 will be started from the 2nd week of July 2020 and ME/M.Tech from the 2nd week of July 2020. For the candidates applying for admission through National level entrance scores, the counselling process will be organized for them separately. Only those candidates will be called for the counselling process who will successfully obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written test.
- The counselling process will be held through offline mode for various programmes.
- Candidates at the time of the counselling process will be allotted seats and their documents will be verified.
- The seat will be allocated on the basis of course preference and merit order.
- In case any seat remains vacant the seat will be offered to the candidate as per the merit order.
- During the counselling process, candidates must be present with all the necessary documents for document verification.
- Candidates must bring their original as well as photocopies of their documents/testimonials.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ,s)
Q. What is TIET?
Answer: TIET full form is the Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology. Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology is the epitome of futuristic learning and development in areas of engineering, technology and management.
Q. Can I get direct admission in Thapar University BE or BTech programs?
Answer: Yes, Thapar (deemed to be university) TIET offers admission under two modes:
1. Mode – 1: (Based on JEE Main – score) for 70% of seats – 70% of the total BE/BTech seats shall be filled on the basis of percentile-based merit of JEE Main – 2020.
2. Mode – 2: (Based on 10+2 marks in PCM) for 30% of seats – 30% of the total BE/BTech seats shall be filled on the basis of merit of marks secured in 10+2 or equivalent examination in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Technical Vocational subject.
Q. How many seats are available in the Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (TIET)?
Answer: In 15 different branches of engineering, TIET has 365 seats to offer. which includes Number of seats in the first year of 4-years course, Dual-Degree in BE-MBA (5-years duration) and TCD (2-yrs at TIET + 2-yrs at TCD).
Q. Do Thapar have reserved seat for Punjab state candidates?
Answer: 50% of the seats are reserved for candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from School/College/Institute located in the state of Punjab. The candidates having Punjab Residency certificate but have passed 10+2 examination from any location outside Punjab shall also be considered under Punjab quota.
Q. Can I apply for Thapar if I am from other states, not belonging to Punjab?
Answer: Yes, you can apply. 50% of the seats are reserved for candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from School/College/Institute located outside the state of Punjab.
Q. When do I have to submit my documents after admission?
Answer: Candidates have to submit their documents at the time of in-person counselling. Students must carry original documents with them along with photocopies for document verification.
Q. How can I apply to various programs offered by Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology?
Answer: You can apply to various programs offered by TIET through an online application form available at the website of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology. Please check for the last date of application at www.thapar.edu.
Q. What are the total numbers of seats available for Foreign Nationals/NRI students?
Answer: A total of 15% of the sanctioned strength (over and above of the total seats) in a program are reserved for
Foreign Nationals and NRI students. For more details, please visit www.thapar.edu.
Q. What is the criterion for the candidates other than General, SC, ST Category?
Answer: If the candidates are other than SC/ST category they will be considered under General category.
Q. What will be the mode of counselling?
Answer: The counselling will be done through 2 modes:-
- Online Counselling: For this, you do not have to visit the campus the whole process will be done online.
- In-Person Counselling: For this, you have to visit the campus along with the required documents and the whole process will be done within the campus.
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻Never let yourself down😊😊
👉🏻Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
For further TIET 2020 Exams related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Application Form 2020
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.