Top Pharmacy Colleges in Mizoram: Mizoram is a landlocked state in North East India, with Aizawl as its capital city. It is the southernmost landlocked state, sharing borders with three of the Seven Sister States, namely Tripura, Assam and Manipur. Mizoram’s population was 10,91,014, according to a 2011 census. It is the 2nd least populous state in the country.
This state has some of the premier Pharmacy colleges like Regional Institute of Paramedical & Nursing Sciences, Zemabawk. These Best Pharmacy Colleges in Mizoram is among the Pharmacy Colleges in India. In this article, we will get to know about Pharmacy Courses and Colleges in Mizoram. Let us have a look.
Top Pharmacy Colleges in Mizoram 2020-21
Before we discuss Best Pharmacy Colleges in Mizoram, let us have a look at the Course Overview to get admission to these Pharmacy Colleges.
|Course Level||Graduate, Diploma|
|Duration||3 and 4 years|
|Examination Type||Professional system|
|Eligibility||10+2 with science subjects|
|Admission Process||Based on counselling after clearing the Entrance Tests test for different colleges and Few Institutions offer direct admission into the Pharmacy programme without appearing in an entrance test on the basis of the 12th marks.|
|Course Fee||INR 50,000 to 1,00,000/-|
|Average Starting Salary||Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Hospitals and Clinics (Government and Private), State-wise Drugs and Pharmaceutical Boards, Medical Shop chains (the likes of Apollo Pharmacy), Chemist Shops, Cipla, Abbott India, Research bodies and labs, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Biocon, Glaxo Smith Kline India|
|Job Positions||Chemical/Drug Technician, Bio-Technology Industries, Drug Therapist, Drug Inspector, Hospital Drug Coordinator, Health Inspector, Pharmacist, Pathological Lab, Research & Development, Making Prescription to Patients, Scientist, Research Officer|
Numerous jobs are available for pharmacists in government as well as private organizations. After completing your studies, you can easily find jobs in pharmaceutical industries, government departments, colleges and universities, hospitals, investigation and research institute etc and One can also work in retail stores of medicines. After registering with the state Pharmacy Council, you can open chemist/drug shop and sell medicines as per doctors prescription.
Get Latest Update on Admission Notice, Fee, Cutoff, Seat Matrix of India's Top Pharmacy College
Best Pharmacy Colleges in Mizoram 2020-21
Here is the updated list of all Pharmacy Colleges in Mizoram officially made by PCI (Pharmacy Council of India). To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the link. Enjoy Reading..!!
1. Regional Institute of Paramedical & Nursing Sciences (RIPANS)
Established in 1996, Regional Institute of Paramedical and Nursing Sciences also known as RIPANS became the first Pharmacy college in the state of Mizoram. The course was affiliated to NEHU (now Mizoram University) and recognized by AICTE.
|Affiliated To:||Mizoram University|
|Courses Offered:||B.Pharm, M.Pharm|
|Official Website:||Click Here|
|Year of Establishment:||1996|
|College Profile:||Click Here|
- For admission to the Pharmacy courses, the student must have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology.
- Students have to secure a min of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Students, those pass the 3-year (D.Pharm) are also eligible.
- The admission process may vary from institute to institute.
- Most of the colleges or Institutions intake students on the basis of marks scored in GPAT.
- After that, they have to undergo vigorous counselling and personal interview.
- Some of the colleges select students on the basis of merit i.e, the marks obtained in one’s bachelor’s degree in the same field.
- Colleges also conduct their private entrance exams for the admissions.
- Most institutes offer this course according to performance in the related entrance exam, often followed by a round of personal interview, wherein their general aptitude for the course is tested. D.Pharma. Admission Process generally varies across colleges.
- A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level.
B Pharma: Students applying for Bachelor of Pharmacy should have 50% in 10+2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics or physics, chemistry and biology. Students having Diploma in Pharmacy can also opt for this course.
M Pharma: The minimum eligibility for Master of pharmacy the course is a recommended minimum score of 50% in Bachelor of pharmacy from any recognized university or equivalent.
D.pharma: The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing the course is a 10+2 or equivalent qualification in any stream from a recognized educational board. D.Pharma. Admission Process is based on the candidate’s performance in a relevant entrance exam or merit obtained in the last qualifying exam.
Some of the top entrance exam conducted for admission to the course in India are:
- AU AIMEE