Top Veterinary Colleges in Himachal Pradesh: Himachal Pradesh is a northern Indian state in the Himalayas. It’s home to scenic mountain towns and resorts such as Dalhousie. Host to the Dalai Lama, Himachal Pradesh has a strong Tibetan presence. This is reflected in its Buddhist temples and monasteries, as well as its vibrant Tibetan New Year celebrations.
The state has some of the premier Veterinary colleges like Dr Gcn College Of Veterinary & Animal Science, Palampur. These Top Veterinary Colleges in Himachal Pradesh is among the Best Veterinary Colleges in India. In this article, we will get to know about Veterinarian Courses and Colleges in Himachal Pradesh. Let us have a look.
Top Veterinary Colleges in Himachal Pradesh 2020-21
Before we discuss Veterinary College In Himachal Pradesh, let us have a look at the Course Overview to get admission to these Colleges.
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognised Board or University|
|Admission Process||Direct admission to colleges. However, some colleges may check student’s skills in through an entrance test.|
|Course Fee||INR 15,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3-5 lacs|
|Top Recruiting Fields/Areas||Animal Hospitals, Zoos, Farms, Private Clinics, Organizations like PETA, etc.|
|Job Titles||Veterinary Surgeon, Veterinarian|
If you want to take admission in the Best Veterinary Colleges, firstly you have to clear medical entrance examination like NEET. Here in this article, we have provided some important links related to NEET 2020 Examination.
||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
Best Veterinary Colleges in Himachal Pradesh
Here is the updated list of Veterinary Colleges in Himachal Pradesh officially made by Veterinary Council of India. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link.
1. Dr Gcn College Of Veterinary & Animal Science, Palampur
Dr Gc Negi College Of Veterinary and Animal Science Palampur (GCN Veterinary College Palampur) is one of the reputed Government Veterinary Colleges in Himachal Pradesh. The college is popularly known as Negi Veterinary College Palampur and it was founded in the year 1986.
|Affiliated with||Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar HP Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur|
|Courses Offered||B.V.Sc.& A.H|
|College Profile||Click Here|
Scoring High in Entrance Exam like All India Pre-Veterinary Test will help you to choose some of the Best Veterinary Colleges in Himachal Pradesh. Top Rankers may also available various Scholarship offered by these colleges.
- Admission through the National level exam NEET (To taken Admission B.V.Sc.& A.H courses 15% seat reserved by NEET Score candidate) or also through AIPVT Entrance Test.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines
- The Veterinary Council of India directs an AICEE for admission to the course. An All India Entrance Examination is led by the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) for admission to the Master’s program in the course.
Listed below are the minimum criteria which candidates interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfil, in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
- Successful completion of the 10+2 level of education in the Science stream, completed from a recognized educational Board.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates) at the 10+2 level.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota.
Candidate applying for Veterinary Colleges in Himachal Pradesh must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling. Counselling of NEET for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2019 Qualifying Percentile
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET Cut off 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
NEET Cut off 2017
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||697-131||5,43,473*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||130-118||67|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||130-107||14599|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||130-107||6018|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||130-107||47382|
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
A. NEET 2020 exam will be conducted in offline mode. An OMR Sheet will be provided to the candidate to mark the answers.
A. The National Testing Agency has received a lot of requests from NEET applicants to conduct the exam twice a year. Still, this change will not be implemented this year. Thus, NEET 2020 will be held only once.
A. According to the official notification released by NTA, a candidate can appear for NEET any number of times. There is no limitation on the number of attempts permitted.
A. To get admission in government medical college, one must secure at least 600 marks in NEET 2020.
A. NEET 2020 will be a 3-hour duration long paper and the exam will be held from 02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.
A. NEET 2020 question paper will be available in 11 languages, but, the language has to be filled during the registration process. Apart from Hindi and English, the candidate can choose from Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrati, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada and Telugu.
A. Candidates who do not have computer or internet can avail of the facility of Common Services Centre (CSC). These centres will help in filling the application form, paying the application fee and downloading the admit card.
A. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting the NEET exam in 2019. before 2019, NEET was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
A. No, the exam pattern for NEET 2020 remains the same. But there might be some possibilities to see changes in the academic session 2021-22.
A. There is no restriction on the number of attempts permitted for NEET. According to NTA, a candidate can appear for NTA as many times as he/she needs to qualify the examination.
A. Yes, you can apply for NEET 2020 provided you have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. To apply for NEET 2020, you must also have cleared these subjects individually.
A. According to the guidelines set by NTA, Tamil language question paper will only be available in the test cities in Tamil Nadu. Hence, if you want to choose Tamil as the medium of the question paper, you will have to opt for a test city in Tamil Nadu state only.
A. The application fee for NEET 2020 is Rs 1400 for all the candidates who belong to the General or OBC category. However, for candidates who belong to the SC/ST/ PWD category, the application fee is Rs 750.
A. Yes, experts suggest that the difficulty level of NEET 2020 will be raised owing to the scrapping of both AIIMS MBBS and JIPMER MBBS. NEET is now the only entrance examination for admission to MBBS/ BDS courses in India, thus NTA will ensure the examination is at par with the examinations that were replaced by it.
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻😊😊 Never let yourself down☹️…
👉🏻 Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻 Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
Don’t worry, we are always with you for any admission related queries you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Abroad Admission 2020
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application FormApply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Form Open Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Apply Now
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers