The University Grants Commissions has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child intending to compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels. The UGC Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme, 2021-22, is especially for girls who happen to be the only girl in their families. The UGC SGC Scheme applies only for Non-Professional courses at the postgraduate level to the students who have taken admissions in a Regular, Full-Time Master Degree course in any recognized University/ Institution or a Post-Graduate College. Read this full post for full information about the Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Childlike Application Process, Eligibility, Important Dates, Documents, Benefits etc.
1. Quick Facts
2. Eligibility Criteria
3. Selection Procedure
5. How to Apply?
7. Frequently Asked Questions
UGC Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme
Before we give full information about this special scholarship scheme, let us first look into this special scheme.
|1.||Name of Scholarship||PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child|
|3.||Scholarship Provider||University Grants Commissions|
|4.||Application begins||Not Disclosed|
|5.||Last Date to Apply||Coming Soon|
|6.||Application form||Click here (Coming Soon)|
|7.||Official Website||Click here|
- Any single girl child, being the only child of her parents, is eligible to apply for the PG scholarship scheme. The scheme applies to such a single girl child who has taken admission to the first-year master’s degree programmes.
- The age of the girl student should not exceed 30 years at the time of admission.
- Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
- 3,000 fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- The awardee can avail of other scholarship also during the tenure of this scholarship.
- The scholarship is providing for every girl Rs.36,200/- p.a. for two years only i.e. full duration of a PG course. No other additional grant will be payable in place of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
- The scholarship will be awarded to 3,000 students per year.
- Student Must be required Income certificate and Caste certificate.
- Proof of admission required.
- Must be required bank account details of the institution and the student.
- Fee structure of the program required.
- One copy of the passport size photograph with signatures of the student
- Student Identity card
- An affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the parents/girl duly attested by the SDM/ First Class Magistrate/Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tehsildar) mentioning that she is the only child in the family.
How to Apply?
- Firstly, Applicants must visit the official website. To visit Click Here
- Click on the new user registration button. Click here
- Read all the guideline carefully for Registration on National Scholarship Portal, then click on the Continue option Button.
- Then Fill in all the required information carefully and click on the Register option.
- After registration then click on the login button for Login
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of renewal.
- Students failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the
- Change in course of study will not be permitted. If the awardee changes the
a course of study, the scholarship will stand forfeited from the date of such a change.
- The scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC.
- The awardees of previous years will continue to follow the pattern of assistance
through UGC/Canara Bank portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
A. The candidate has to opt for an “incentive” to apply under the scheme.
A. No, only a single girl child is eligible to apply under the scheme. However, twin/ fraternal daughters are eligible to apply under this scheme.
A. The candidate applying under the scheme can apply if she is below 30 years of age as of the last date of the application.
A. No. The awardee is only entitled to a scholarship amount. No HRA/contingency/hostel fee or medical expenses are admissible.
A. No. Tuition fee reimbursement is not permitted. However, it is expected from the institutions where a student has taken admission in the first year PG course; no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
A. No. The candidates who are pursuing first-year postgraduate courses only can apply under the scheme.
A. Yes. This scheme can be availed with any other scholarship scheme as this is an incentive.
A. Each scholarship provider is looking for different skills or interests. A winner must meet all of the standard criteria required for the scholarship and distinguish himself from the rest of the applicants. Read about the scholarship and try to determine what exactly the scholarship provider is looking for so that you can emphasize your related qualities.
A. Yes. Often the scholarship provider gives your award to the college you are attending as credit towards your tuition. If this happens, the school adjusts your unmet financial need accordingly.
A. No. If you don’t meet the criteria exactly, you shouldn’t apply. Scholarship offers typically receive thousands of applications. Anyone who doesn’t meet the requirements is typically disqualified.
A. Most scholarships are awarded based on merit; thus, students distinguished by academic excellence, participation in extracurricular activities and involvement in community service have the best chance at receiving one of these rewards. On the other hand, lottery scholarships are chosen at random, meaning every student who applies has an equal chance of winning.
A. This depends largely upon the scholarship, how well you meet qualifications and the level of effort that you exert in your search. If you can find scholarships limited to students within a state, city, sport or academic area, you have a better chance of winning. Choose scholarships that allow you to exercise your skills in an area of interest to you —this should increase your chance of winning. Also, keep in mind that to find the money for college, you have to create your success by committing the time and brainpower necessary to achieve your goal to find the money for college.