Hi friends, today we are going to discuss with you the latest Syllabus of Class XII Multimedia And Web Technology Syllabus. As you know very well that Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its own curriculum and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students.
So it’s always a wise decision to keep an eye on what happening around with the subject you are going to learn. This year CBSE made little bit changes in CBSE Class 12th Multimedia And Web Technology Syllabus. Let us have a look at the updated XIIth Class Multimedia And Web Technology Syllabus for the academic year 2017-18
CBSE Class 12th Home Science Syllabus (2018-19 Session)
Unit Wise Detailed Syllabus (Theory Part)
CLASS XI (2018 – 19)
COURSE STRUCTURE (THEORY)
Duration: 3 hours Total Marks: 70
|Unit No.||Unit Name||Periods|
|1||INTRODUCTION TO DATABASE MANAGEMENT||20||15||35||05|
|2||NETWORKING AND OPEN STANDARDS||25||05||30||10|
|3||WEB PAGE DEVELOPMENT||60||45||105||40|
|4||MULTIMEDIA AND AUTHORING TOOLS||40||30||70||15|
Unit 1: Introduction to Database Management
Introduction to database concepts and its need
Database Terminology: Data, Record/Tuple, Table, Database, field/attribute
Concept of Keys: Candidate key, Primary key, Alternate key, and Foreign key
Examples of common Database Management System: MySQL, Ingres, Postgres, Oracle, DB2, MSSQL Server, Sybase etc.
Introduction to MySQL: Using MySQL creating Database and table, defining a primary key, inserting records, displaying records using the SELECT command, WHERE clause, modifying records using UPDATE, deleting records
Unit 2: Networking And Open Standards
Computer Networking: Evolution of Networking: ARPANET, WWW, Internet
Network Topologies: Bus, Star, Tree
Types of Network: PAN, LAN, WAN, MAN
Wired Technologies: Twisted pair cable, coaxial cable, optical fiber
Wireless Technologies: Bluetooth, infrared, radio link, microwave link, radio link and satellite link
Network devices: MODEM, Hub, switch, repeater, gateway – and their functions Identifying computers and users over a network: Basic concept of a domain name, MAC (Media Access Control) and IP Address, domain name resolution Wireless/Mobile Communication: GSM, CDMA, GPRS, WLL, 3G, 4G
Internet Applications: SMS, Voice mail, e-Mail, Chat, and Videoconferencing
Network Security Concepts: Cyberlaw, firewall, cookies, hackers, and crackers
Open Source Concepts: Proprietary and open source software(OSS), common FOSS/FLOSS examples (e.g. GNU/Linux, Firefox, OpenOffice, Linux, Mozilla web browser, Apache server, MySQL, Postgres, Pango, Tomcat, PHP, Python)
Indian Language Computing: character encoding, UNICODE, different types of fonts (open type vs true type, static vs dynamic), Entering Indian Language Text – phonetic and keymap based
Unit 3: Web Page Development
Installation and Managing WEB-Server: IIS/XAMPP/LAMP;
PHP: Concept of PHP, features of PHP, other equivalent tools – JSP, PHP Including PHP in a web page
Data types: integer, double, string, boolean, null, array, object
Variables: Using variables in PHP
Constants: Using constants in PHP, constant() function
Output data to Screen: echo and print statements
Arithmetic operators: +, – (Unary and Binary), *, /, %, **
Assignment operators : =,+=,- =,*=,/=.%=
String operator:,. =
Comparison operators: <, >, <=, >=, !=, ==,===.!===
Logical operators: !,&&,||;
Array Operators: union(+),equality ==,inequality <>,!=
String Manipulation Functions: strtoupper(), strtolower(), strlen(), trim(), substr(), trim(),
trim() ,strrev(), strcasecmp(),strcmp(),stripslashes(), strchr(), strpos(), stripos()
Time & Date Functions: Date(),getdate(),gettimeofday(),Mktime(),strtotime(),
Arrays: Declaration and use of indexed arrays(1 dimensional), inbuilt functions sort(),sort()
Conditional statements: if, if else, if…elseif….else, switch
Loops: while, do while, for, for each
Unconditional exit from loop /switch using a break
User Defined Functions: Defining a function, calling/invoking a function, Passing parameters/arguments, Pass by value, pass by reference, return value, default value
Global Variables – Superglobals
Elements of $_SERVER : PHP_SELF, SERVER_NAME, HTTP_HOST, HTTP_USER_AGENT
Form Handling, Form Validation, Form URL/E-mail
Opening a file, Reading a file, Writing a file, Closing a file
PHP File Upload, Cookies, Sessions (start, modify and destroy), Error Handling Working on Database: (Using MySQL Procedural API)Connecting with Databases, opening and closing databases, Inserting, retrieving, modifying/ updating, deleting of records from tables
Unit 4: Multimedia and Authoring Tools
Movie File Formats: AVI, MPEG, SWF, MOV, DAT
Embedding: Audio/Video on the web page
Multimedia Authoring Using Macromedia Flash: Making of a simple movie, setting properties, frame rate, dimensions, and background color
Movie Frames: Concept of frame, frame buffer, and frame rate creating a keyframe, Inserting text into the frame, inserting graphical elements into the frame, converting text/graphics to symbol, inserting the symbol into the frame, setting symbol property (graphics/button/movie), inserting blank keyframe, selecting all/specific frames of a layer, copying/pasting selected frames
Scene: Concept of a scene, duplicate scene, add a scene, delete the scene, and navigating between scenes
Layers: Concept of a layer, layer properties, layer name, show/hide/lock layers, viewing layer as an outline, adding/deleting a layer
Types of Layer – normal/guide/mask
Special Effects: Motion Tweening, Shape Tweening, Inserting Sound Layer
Testing a Scene and Movie
Import/Export (Movie/Sound and other multimedia objects)
Publishing: Publishing a movie, changing publish settings, producing SWF(flash movie), HTML page, gif image,
jpeg image (*.jpg), png image, windows projector (*.exe), Macintosh projector (*.hqx), quick time
(*.mov), real player (*.smil)
Testing with Publish Preview
Multimedia Application: Education (use of CAL tool), entertainment, edutainment, virtual reality,
digital libraries, information kiosks, video on demand, video phone, video conferencing and
Class XII (Practical)
Duration: 3 Hours Total Marks: 30
1. Hands-on Experience 15
A website based on a particular topic has to be to be developed by each student using various commands covered in HTML and PHP with at least 4 web pages.
The web page should be designed with following features:
- HTML basic tags (HTML/head/title/body/B/I/U/BR/HR)
- Conditional and control statements
- Form Handling, Form Validation, E-mail Validation
- Image editing using PhotoShop /Corel draw/GIMP
- Merging layers /Moving and copying layers
- Use of multimedia the authoring (like Macromedia Flash)
2. Practical File (05)
The practical file should be made on a domain specific area (with supporting documents and
- Make a simple web page containing almost all the tags of HTML and view that web page on the browser.
- Develop a home page for income tax department (simple and textual) and store it in the directory used for web services on the web-server.
- Enhance the home page by providing links to other sample pages (e.g. Income Tax Zone).
- Income Tax Detail form for an individual, Income Tax Notification, Income Tax News etc.).
- Embed Time and Date on the home page.
- Further, enhance the website by providing User Registration Page. Collect the user details and Display a new web page showing “Thanks For Registration”. Also, write appropriate functions to validate form inputs.
- Give a login facility to the user with anonymous name and maintain the session till the user logs out.
- For user login attempts, maintain a visitor count.
- Change the login module of the web page and now connect it to the IncomeTax User database on the server. This is to be done to store the registration detail and facilitate login to the user.
- The login page is to be made in a way that it should also provide facility to change a password if a user forgets the password.
- Store some of the created or edited sound files on the web-server and provide links to play it.
- Change the appearance of the web page using pictures at appropriate places (e.g. logo of income tax department, the photograph of income tax building etc.)
- Visit websites (State Govt./Local language newspaper) and get 5 different printouts in a local language.
(Note: Student can also improve the case study from class XI and enhance it further with database
and multimedia support. Also, they can create a website on a new topic).
3. Project-based on a case study (05)
Case Studies are to be divided into following parts:
Case study Part 1 (collection, editing, and creation of website resources):
Create an electronic movie with various pictures, audio clipping, movie clippings, and factual text related to school/organization
- Embedding video and audio in web pages.
- An introduction to interactive walk-through.
- Embedding walk-through into web pages.
Case Study Part 2 (development of web content with resources):
Case studies covered in class XI with database support with Login, Online Registration, Booking and/or ordering facility.
Sample Case Study
(Note: Another similar type of case studies can also be used for the project work)
Mr. Verma is the CEO of consist drinks (I) Ltd. His company is having a wide network of distributors for copsibranded soft drinks. With the increase in sales and distribution network, it is required to adopt a new technological intervention in the existing system. He wants that the company should have a global presence over the widely popular medium, called world wide web. Assume that you are appointed as the senior person of the development team. You are required to collect the company information and its current requirement. For your easiness we had collected the details of the company which is as follows:
The Company Information:
Name of the Company: consist drinks (I) Ltd.
Zone: East, West, North, and South
Distributors: All over the world.
Mr. Verma said that the website should be able to reflect the company in terms of :
- Home Page
- Product & Promotion Page
- Distributor Login Page / Password Recovery Page
- Distributor Specific Details Page
- Registration Page for Distributor-ship
- Company News and Flashes
- Company Profile
- Website Introduction is to be made in movie making software.
- A proper database is to be maintained for the distributor information.
- For developing the above sites/movies collect the actual information from various sources.
- Teachers can provide alternative case studies also of similar kind.
4. Viva Voce (05)
During the final practical examination, oral questions will be asked from the syllabus covered and the
project developed by the student(s).
|KNOW MORE BEYOND SYLLABUS……. |
The teacher may also motivate students to search and give group presentations on topics of emerging ICT such as web services, cloud