UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria (Age, Nationality, Educational Qualification)
Combined Defence Services is a national-level entrance test conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Every year lakhs of aspirants apply for the very prestigious exam conducted twice in a year. The final aim of all the aspirants is to become an officer with Indian Army and other allied forces. If you too dream to be one of these then this article is for you only. As the notification for UPSC CDS 2 2017 Exam is published, the CDS exam have become the talk of the town. Throughout the article, we will discuss UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria like Age limit, Nationality, Marital status etc.
One must keep in mind that to appear for the CDS 2 2017, all these important eligibility criteria must be fulfilled. A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he/she is eligible for admission to the examination. The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed. let us move ahead with UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria for November 2017 exam.
UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria (November 2017)
The recruitment commission is very strict with its merit and selection procedure. A slight change in prescribed criteria can make you ineligible for the job. Aspirants applying for UPSC Combined Defence Examination 2017 (November) are requested to proceed with the below-mentioned criteria before applying for the job.
- A citizen of India, or a subject of Bhutan, or a subject of Nepal, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st July 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Age Limit, Sex, and Marital Status.
- IMA-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 1999 only are eligible.
- Indian Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 1999 only are eligible.
- Air Force Academy—20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2018 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 1998 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxed up to 26 Yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 02nd January 1992 and not later than 01st January 1998 only are eligible.
- Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for Men) Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st July 1999 only are eligible.
- Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st July 1999.
Things to keep in mind
- Male divorcee/widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried male for the purpose of their admission in IMA/INA/AFA courses and accordingly, they are not eligible for these courses.
- Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with family out of the premises.
- I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy— Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Things to keep in mind
- Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply. Candidate should not have any present backlog up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared up to the time of submission. They will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of SSB.
- Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognized by the government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (II) 2017 [CDS 2 Exam 2017]
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to CDS 2 2017 Recruitment Notification.
|Combined Defence Services 2017 Notification||Click Here|
|CDS 2 2017 Exam (November) Admit Card||Click Here|
|CDS-II 2017 Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure||Click Here|
|Download CDS Exam Syllabus (Written Test & Interview Procedure)||Click Here|
|UPSC CDS Previous Year Question Papers (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014)||Click Here|
|Recommended Books for CDS 2017 Exam||Click Here|
|UPSC CDS Officer Salary (Grade Pay, Allowances & Facilities)||Click Here|
|CDS Exam Cut-off Score (Expected & previous Year Cutoff Score)||Click Here|
For any Query related to CDS 2 Recruitment 2017, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for CDS 2017 Exam
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!!