Attention Aspirants, The Union Public service commission (UPSC) has begun the Online registration process for the civil services preliminary examination from 19 February 2019. Candidates can apply for the examination through the official website of UPSC i.e; upsc.gov.in. The UPSC Exam is conducted to select candidates to fill administrative positions in different All- India Services and Central Civil Services including IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS and IRTS. The UPSC CSE 2019 at the preliminary level will be held on 2 June 2019. The UPSC Main Exam will be conducted on 20 September 2019. The UPSC 2019 Admit card will be released on Three weeks before the commencement of the examination. No, admit card will be sent by post.
How to Apply
Part I Registration of UPSC Application Form 2019
Step 1: At first, the candidates have to fill the registration part I. For this the candidates have to click on the above link. The link redirects to the page of UPSC.
Step 2: Now the candidates have to click on the first link says “Click here for Part I”. Now the instruction page appears, here the candidates have to click on yes.
Step 3: On processing the first steps of Part I registration starts i.e. registering yourself for the exam.
Step 4: Once you fill the Application Form the aspirants have to submit the form. On Submitting the form the candidates will have the next option to choose whether they want relaxation in upper age limit or not. Now the aspirants have to fill other information. In which they have to provide them
- Type of photo identity card
- Photo identity card number
- Percentage in graduation
- Number of attempts in graduation
- Main examination centre
- language Medium for Paper I to V
- Optional subject VI to VII
- Select language for Paper A
After agreeing to the declaration the Confirmation Page and registration slip will be generated. The take a printout copy for future references.
Part II Registration in UPSC Application Form 2019
- Payment: The candidates have to pay the application form in any mode whichever suits them.
- Center Selection: The candidates have to select the centre centres preliminary examination.
- Photo Sign & Photo identity card: In this section, the candidates have to upload the photograph signature and document of identity.
- Agreeing to the Declaration: At last, the candidates have to agree with the declaration.
Candidates are advised to read the complete eligibility criteria before applying for UPSC 2019 Examination. The UPSC will not provide any chance to edit the application form. the aspirants have to fill the application form correctly in one attempt. below we have mentioned some instructions that need to be followed by the IAS 2019 aspirants.
- The aspirants are advised to mention the valid and active email address and mobile number, since UPSC will communicate to the aspirants on their registered mobile number and email id.
- Applying Seekers should avoid multiple application forms, this could create confusion for the aspirants itself.
- The most important process is to upload the documents. The aspirants are requested to upload the correct documents, the photograph should not be blurred.
- Applying Seekers who are suffering from any disability or muscle deformity/cerebral palsy have to submit the medical certificate from a Government hospital/Medical board.
- It is mandatory to fill both parts of the application form, filling only one form is not sufficient.
The applying Seekers must have a degree from an esteemed university incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Sections-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or Possess an equivalent qualification, to appear in the exam.
Applying Seekers with age between 21-39 years of age can appear for the prelims exams. There is age relaxation for the reserved category.
Vacancies for normal candidates
The number of vacancies for a normal candidate will be 857, and for IAS, there will be 180 vacancies as recommended by the Baswan Committee.
Number of attempts
UPSC has not changed the number of attempts allowed and the procedure for the same. A candidate appearing in only one paper in the IAS Prelims Exam will also be considered as an attempt in the IAS exam.
- UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2019: Syllabus & Study Materials
- UPSC CDS officer salary and other Allowances (Army, Navy, Airforce)
- UPSC Civil Service Prelims 2019 Exam Pattern: Types of Question| Marking Scheme
Best of Luck…!!