Faculty Of Veterinary and Animal Science Kolkata is one of the reputed Veterinary Colleges in Kolkata. The college is popularly known as Veterinary College Kolkata and it was founded in the year 1995. This famous Veterinary College Kolkata is affiliated with West Bengal University Of Animal & Fishery Sciences, Kolkata and is approved by Veterinary Council of India (VCI).
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about Veterinary College Kolkata Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Veterinary College Kolkata
|College Name||Faculty Of Veterinary and Animal Science, Kolkata|
|Popular Name||Veterinary College Kolkata|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Affiliated with||West Bengal University Of Animal & Fishery Sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||Veterinary Council of India (VCI)|
|Course||B.V.Sc.& A.H, M.V.Sc & A.H, PhD|
|Official Website||Click here|
|Category||Veterinary Colleges in West Bengal|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- West Bengal University Of Animal & Fishery Sciences, Kolkata
- Approved by:- Veterinary Council of India (VCI)
- Aid Status:- N/A
- Medical Facilities
Courses offered by Veterinary College Kolkata
|B.V.Sc.& A.H||83||5 years|
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, Courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
|Educational Qualification||For UG Courses: 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 with Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English subjects. For SC & ST candidates 5% less than that prescribed for general category i..e 47.5%|
For PG Courses: BVSc Degree
|Age||The candidates for admission into First Year Under Graduate courses in the University shall be required to have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission with an upper age limit of 22 years for all the candidates, 25 years in case of SC and ST candidates and 27 years for Physically challenged.|
|Popular Entrance Exam||NEET|
|Particulars||Admission/ Semester fees||Hosteller|
|Tuition Fees (Recurring)||1800.00||1800.00|
|Development fees (Recurring)||500.00||1000.00|
|Laboratory fees (Recurring)||500.00||500.00|
|Terms/Session fees (Recurring)||200.00||200.00|
|Establishment fees (Recurring)||400.00||400.00|
|Examination fees (Recurring)||400.00||400.00|
|Mark Sheet (Recurring)||50.00||50.00|
|Seat Rent (Recurring)||–||1200|
|Mess Entrance fees||–||1000|
|Hostel Admission fees||–||1500|
|Hostel Establishment (Recurring)||–||100|
|Students Health Home charge (Recurring)||60.00||60.00|
|Academic Rules & Syllabi||100.00||100.00|
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET Cutoff 2020 (Expected)
Here check the expected NEET Cutoff 2020 examination given below as per the previous year trends:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cut-off Marks|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||701-134|
|Unreserved PH (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||133-120|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||133-107|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||133-107|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||133-107|
NEET Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET Cut off 2018
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates|
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
NEET Cut off 2017
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||697-131||5,43,473*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||130-118||67|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||130-107||14599|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||130-107||6018|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||130-107||47382|
West Bengal NEET2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare West Bengal to get themselves registered for NEET2020 West Bengal State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for West Bengal NEET2020, Let us first have a look at the West Bengal NEET2020 Counselling schedule.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for West Bengal NEET2020, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling2020 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota.
Candidate applying for Veterinary Colleges in West Bengal must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling2020. Counselling of NEET2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Faculty Of Veterinary and Animal Science Kolkata|
- It is one of the Premier Veterinary Institute in Kolkata.
- We would like to give 3.8 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best Veterinary College in West Bengal.
Veterinary College Kolkata
Vivek Bhawan, 68, Kshudiram Bose Sarani
Belgachia, Kolkata – 700 037, West Bengal
Contact No: 033-2557 1986
Official website: Click here
Top Colleges in India
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Worried about Low rank in NEET 2020; Don’t want to waste a year? Study in Low Budget MBBS College in Russia/Ukraine/Kazakhstan and 10+ Low Budget Countries Call Now: +91-9999709233 & Apply Now