This year many of the students will complete their Higher Secondary (10+2) and as their Board Exams is soon going to be over, they all will become very busy in looking forward to their future dreams. Generally, due to lack of career guidance and proper research, these changes bring mixed thoughts to once mind. While Speaking about choosing the Best University for Higher Studies in India, what first comes to our mind is to choose between VIT or Manipal.
The dilemma of choosing a college from the wide array of available colleges makes everyone confused. It is one of the most stressful and daunting tasks in someone’s life that is why it becomes a matter of prime concern to choose college Wisely. The following article will help you to get over all those basic parameters to define the best College for you. Read the complete article to know which University is better for you, VIT UNIVERSITY OR Manipal University.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
VIT OR MANIPAL
Let’s quickly move to the various parameters which define the Overall review of both the University.
The College Brand is an important factor which matters the most while choosing a great college. The College History, its Affiliation, Academic Excellence, Status of particular Course(stream), Placement and Fees are the major factors which differentiate a good and the best college. Here is an overview of the Brand value of these colleges which may help you to decide between VIT OR MANIPAL.
Why Choose VIT
- The University has been re-accredited with an ‘A’ grade by ‘NAAC’.
- VIT University is approved by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India in Category ‘A’.
- The institution offers a wide range of career options to choose from. Currently, the college offering almost 19 Undergraduate, 34 Postgraduate, 2 Integrated and 4 Research Programs.
- VIT University offers a mixed cosmopolitan ambience spread across 360-acre of Eco-friendly campus with over 50.83 lakh sq.ft. built-up space at Vellore and about 170 acres of Eco-friendly campus at Chennai.
- The University signed Different MOU’s with the Institution all across the globe for students and Faculty exchange programs as a result, the University has Over 1400 national and International faculty and almost 1400 staffs to provide the students with the best possible outcome.
- VIT has almost 100% Placement assistance. The university has accreditation with TCS, Wipro, and Cognizant for academic collaboration and placements.
- These are the very few reasons to choose VIT. To know more about the university read VIT Vellore University.
Why Choose Manipal
- Ranked 5th among the Private Engineering Colleges in India Source: Outlook 2016
- Ranked 1st among Research Publications by private universities in India by SClmago
- 15 ongoing industry-sponsored research projects
- 20 research collaborations and 14 student exchange program partnerships.
- Course curriculum designed around experiential learning methodology to create industry ready technology professionals
- Campus equipped with the best technology labs and teaching infrastructure. Research grant of 372 million INR allocated till now.
- 35 +patents filed since 2009.The MIT Innovation Center is one of its kind, promoting research and industry-driven project
- Ranked 97 among BRICS universities. Students from 57 different nations are studying in Manipal.
- Ranked AAA+ rating among top private deemed universities in India by Education giant career 360, May 2013
- These are the very few reasons to choose Manipal. To know more about the university read Manipal University.
Infrastructure & Facilities.
Both Universities are among the best in business when we talk about Infrastructure and Facilities. VIT University has 3 major campuses in which Vellore campus is the main one. The VIT Campus is spread across 360-acre of Eco-friendly campus with over 50.83 lakh sq.ft. built-up space at Vellore and about 170 acres of Eco-friendly campus at Chennai.
Manipal University is a Multinational Educational Institute known for its campus and modern Infrastructure Facilities. Manipal Is a family of more than 28,000 students and 2500+ faculties across all the campus.The infrastructure of Manipal is one of the prime Reason why Students prefer this University over Many Good Colleges. The University campus is spread over 313 acres of hard, laterite rock in north Karnataka’s Udupi district.
Culture & Ambience of the college
The culture & Ambience of the College holds a strong effect on Someone career. What it matters is how much you are industry ready and employable at the end of your study and for that, you need larger industry connection and Good reputation. The Campus life of both VIT and Manipal is super cool as compared to other Universities in India. Both the Universities organises different Student Learning activities around the year.
Read Also: Best Vocational Courses after class 12th
Both the Universities host a list of Students and Faculty programs to encourage students for Research and Innovation. As a result of Culture and ambience, students from both the universities have successfully made their mark in National and Internation stages with their research and innovative projects.
Faculties & Staff
Faculty & Staff should be the most important factor in deciding a college. Students give extra consideration to a College whose faculty members are still actively engaged with employers in a given field, as this can open doors to internships, research opportunities, jobs and much more.
Both the University continuously upgrades the knowledge and skills of the faculty members using various Faculty Development Programmes. The international Collaborations and different Induction Programs help Faculties to build a strong education network with the globe. Well looking at the number of research/ patents and faculties Engagement programs, VIT University stands far ahead of Manipal University.
Getting campus placement is one of the most important aspects that is expected from a college. We all love to prefer Government Institution than a private one because somehow it guarantees a good future. Everyone look for campus placement records as one of the important parameters in selecting a college.
In this regard, VIT has a slight advantage over Manipal. VIT University has been consistently been setting records and breaking them over the past several years. The latest was with close to 8000 job offers made to VIT students by Accenture, Wipro, TCS and Infosys. But if we ignore the minute details and highest salary offered then the Placements of both the Universities are kind of same.
Relying on College reputation and Brand Value is a good thing but Just because a college has “highly-ranked” or “prestigious” history doesn’t mean it’s the right College for you. Always keep in mind that one person’s dream college could be another’s nightmare. Also, only looking at the website or relying on a college’s advertising is a mistake because they tend to idealise college life and students get unrealistic expectations of what campus is like. It’s always better to visit and experience college.