VITEEE 2020: VIT University was established in the year 1984 as a self-financing institution called the Vellore Engineering College. The University persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher and professional education in India. The university welcomes its Students from all across the globe with well known National and Foreign faculty, flexible and dynamic curriculum and exciting research/global connections. The article will give you detailed info on the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE 2020).
The University has signed a number of MOU’s with National and International Universities which provides students and Faculty Exchange Programs and also Encourage joint research projects. Every year VIT University conducts its own entrance test for admission in B. Tech programs called the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination or VITEEE. It is a Computer Based Test (CBT) to be held in various cities across all India, in which questions will be based on XI and XII syllabus with options to attempt papers in either Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB).
👉 Download Hand Written Notes for VITEEE 2020 Examination Click Here
Here we have mentioned some useful resources of VITEEE 2020, that will help you.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Slot Booking||College Predictor||Rank Predictor|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
The VITEEE 2020 entrance exam will be conducted in Online mode (Computer- Based Test). The duration of this entrance exam is 2 hours 30 mins in the examination. The multiple-choice questions asked will be asked in the examination of VITEEE 2020 exam.
|Name of Examination||VIT Engineering Entrance Exam 2020|
|Conducted by||VIT University|
|Exam Date||July 29-August 2 2020|
|Level of VITEEE Examination||University Level|
|Category||Under Graduate and Post Graduate|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Duration of Examination||2.30 mins (150 minutes)|
|Total Number of Questions||125 Questions|
|Languages for the Examination||English|
There is given below Important Dates related to VITEEE 2020.
|Event||Dates (will be updated soon)|
|Online/offline application forms||27-Sep-2019|
|Last date to submit/send application forms||To be announced|
|Last date to edit the application form||To be announced|
|Commencement of slot booking||To be announced|
|Availability of admit cards||To be announced|
|Exam date||July 29-August 2|
|Result announcement||To be announced|
|VITEEE 2020 Counselling||To be announced|
|Classes at different campuses of VIT||To be announced|
Entrance Exams in India
Here we have provided VITEEE 2020 Sample Papers that will definitely help you to crack VITEEE 2020 examination.
Physics Sample Papers
|Physics Sample Paper||Download Here|
Chemistry Sample Papers
|Chemistry Sample Paper||Download Here|
Mathematics Sample Papers
Why Choose VIT University?
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of VIT University which will try to give you the answer to the question Why to choose VIT University.
- Recently the University has been ranked as the Best Private Engineering College in India by the Ranking Conducted by Ministry of HRD, New Delhi.
- The University has been re-accredited with an ‘A’ grade by ‘NAAC’.
- VIT University is approved by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India in Category ‘A’.
- The institution offers a wide range of career options to choose from. Currently, the college offering almost 19 Undergraduate, 34 Postgraduate, 2 Integrated and 4 Research Programs.
- The University offers a mixed cosmopolitan ambience spread across 360-acre of Eco-friendly campus with over 50.83 lakh sq.ft. built-up space at Vellore and about 170 acres of Eco-friendly campus at Chennai.
- The University strongly promote and encourage Gender Equivalency. Over 24,000 students the college nearly has 1/3rd of them are women.
- VIT is truly an international University by its Faculty, programs and by students itself. VIT has students from 50 countries as well as from every state in India.
- The University signed Different MOU’s with the Institution all across the globe for students and faculty exchange programs as a result, the University has Over 1400 national and international faculty and almost 1400 staffs to provide the students with the best possible outcome.
- The University has almost 100% Placement assistance. The university has been accredited by TCS, Wipro, and Cognizant for academic collaboration and placements.
- It was the Popularity of VIT that the year 2014 saw Over 1,93,000 applicants for the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE 2020).
So if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about the VITEEE 2020.
Programmes Offered Under VITEEE 2020
|S.No||B. Tech Programmes Offered Under VITEEE 2020|
|4||Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|5||Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|8||Computer Science Engineering (CSE)|
|9||CSE with Specialisation in Cloud Computing & Virtualization in association with IBM.|
|10||CSE with Specialisation in Open Source Software & Open Standards in association with IBM.|
|11||CSE in Business Analytics in association with IBM.|
|12||CSE with Specialisation in Telecom Informatics in association with IBM.|
|13||CSE with Specialisation in Mainframe Technology in association with IBM.|
|14||CSE with Specialisation in Computer Networks & Cyber Security|
|15||CSE with Specialisation in the Internet of Things (IoT)|
|16||CSE with Specialisation in Data Analytics|
Admission Seekers appearing for the VITEEE-2020 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2020, in any one of the following qualifying examinations :
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi).
- Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- As per VIT Norms, Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for VITEEE. They should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
Let us first have a brief look at the subject matter and pattern of VITEEE 2020.
|Subject||Total No of Questions|
|Mathematics / Biology||40|
Do’s and Don’ts
Candidates applying for VITEEE Engineering Entrance Examination 2020 are advised to read these following examination guidelines before going to the exam centre.
- You should arrive at the examination centre as per reporting time mentioned in the admit card
- Carry a Valid Id proof for Verification
- You should sit in the pre-allocated seat
- Candidates should maintain silence during and after the admission test
- Make sure you sign the attendance sheet in the presence of Invigilator.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry written material inside the examination hall.
- You are not allowed to write anything on the Admit card.
- Aspirants will not be allowed to carry any electronic device like Mobile phone, calculators, cameras or any music devices.
- You will not be allowed to go out of examination hall till the completion of the entire exam time
- You are not allowed to carry eatable items inside the examination hall, only water bottle allowed.
Only those Candidates who have passed the above qualifying examination by clearing the cutoff will be invited for central counselling session based on the score obtained in VITEEE 2020. Candidates can choose their preferred specialization/branch of study on a particular campus based on
- The cut-off score for the specified specialization/branch
- Fulfilling the program-specific eligibility criteria for a particular campus and
- Subject to the availability of seats at that point in time.
- After the selection of specialization/branch, full tuition fees and other applicable fees have to be paid at the time of counselling.
How to Apply Application Form?
One can apply to VITEEE 2020 In both online and offline mode. Let’s discuss both.
To apply for VITEEE 2020 one have to visit the official website of VITEEE 2020 and apply online. After Filling up the detailed application form with all the Information asked and paying a sum of Rs.1,150/-, a unique registration ID will be created which will confirm our application acceptance at VIT.
The best Mode to apply for VITEEE 2020 is online as it’s quick and secure. Meanwhile, if you find it difficult to apply online. You can visit any of the registered Post Office (To see the list of Post offices registered, visit the official website of VIT) or its campus (Vellore or Chennai) to collect your application form after paying the requisite amount. The duly filled application form can then be submitted back or send to the respective campus. The offline payment of Application form is Rs.1200/- only.
- The online application is Rs.1,150/- when paid through the web browser, but when paid through VITEEE App, the cost of the application is Rs.1,050/- only.
- Applicants opting test centres located in foreign countries must pay 50 USD (excluding bank charges).
- In offline mode, the application fee is Rs. 1200/-
The candidates are required to upload some documents while filling the application form of VITEEE 2020. These documents must be kept ready by the candidates to fill in the complete application form properly. These documents are:
- Photograph of the candidate
- Scanned signature
- Class Xth Marksheet
- Class XIIth Marksheet
- Graduation Marksheet (If required)
- A valid email id
- an active mobile number.
VIT University will set the question paper for VITEEE 2020 based on the class 12th syllabus of physics, chemistry, and mathematics Mathematics / Biology and English. Appearing candidates are advised to thoroughly go through VITEEE syllabus 2020 in order to have a complete grip on the subject and prepare for the entrance exam as per the prescribed syllabus only.
|Laws of Motion & Work, Energy and Power||Properties of Matter|
|Magnetic Effects of Electric Current||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current|
|Optics||Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics|
|Nuclear Physics||Semiconductor Devices and their Applications|
Books for Physics
Well to prepare for anything first you have to cover up your base. Without having a sound concept on the subject matter, you can only mug of the subject materials. So my suggestion is to go with the NCERT Physics textbooks. The book will help you to understand the most basic Physics concepts required for the VITEEE. Section-wise division of some of the Basics of physics like current electricity, magnetism, semiconductors, quantum theory, optics etc can fetch you extra marks. Some of the Other recommended Physics books for VITEEE are mentioned below.
|Book Name||Author||Buy Here|
|The concept of Physics Part 1.||HC Verma||Buy Now|
|The concept of Physics Part 2.||HC Verma||Buy Now|
|Understanding Physics Series||D. C Pandey||Buy Now|
These Sample paper will help you to get updated with the latest syllabus and Expected questions to be asked in VITEEE. It will help you to score well in the VITEEE 2020 Entrance Examination. Here is the Subject wise divided list for VITEEE Sample Paper.
|Physics||30 x 4 = 120||Sample Paper 1|
|Chemistry||30 x 4 = 120||Sample Paper 1|
|Mathematics||30 x 4 = 120||Sample Paper 1|
VITEEE Admit Card will be released after the slot booking process. The link of VITEEE admits card 2020 will be notified on the official website of VITEEE. The link will be shared with the aspirants through his/her registration id & mobile number. In case of any discrepancy noticed in admit card regarding particulars of the candidate, photograph, and signature or any other information vary from the confirmation page, he/she may immediately contact the VITEEE examination Board unit for necessary corrections before the exam commencement. The e-Admit Card will be generated once the candidate has booked his/her schedule through the Online Test Booking System.
Examination Result for VITEEE 2020 will be declared in (Date will be updated soon) 2020. Applicants are advised to visit the official website regularly to keep an eye on that. VITEEE Result 2020 will be declared on different dates for all courses. Based on the result, the authority will prepare the merit list for each programme. Based on this merit list, the candidates will be called for the counselling.
|Candidate Obtained score in VITEEE Exam||Expected Rank|
|Above 118||1 to 250|
|113 to 117||500 to 250|
|90 to 113||2,500 to 501|
|81 to 90||5,000 to 2,501|
|72 to 81||5,001 to 6500|
|60 to 72||6,501 to 8500|
|43 to 60||8,501 to 11000|
|31 to 43||15,001 to 20000|
|Less than 31||20, 000|
Only those Candidates who have passed the above qualifying examination by clearing the cutoff will be invited for central counselling session based on the score obtained in VITEEE 2020. There are given the below counselling procedure of VITEEE 2020.
- Registration- Firstly all candidates have to fill the registration form through the official website to participate in the counselling.
- Documents verified- After the registration, they must get their original documents verified along with the one set of self-attested photocopies of the documents.
- Advance Payment- The selected candidates will have to submit a DD for 50,000 /- in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at Vellore, on the confirmation of seat and acceptance of branch allotted. This includes `11,800/- towards counselling processing fee. The counselling processing fee is NON-REFUNDABLE but will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the Institute.
- Allocation of seats/branch- The counselling for allocation of branches to the shortlisted candidates is based on their All India Rank (AIR) in VITEEE 2020.
VIT has its test centres all across the globe. It has almost 210 test centres and 4 international test centre in Dubai, Kuwait, Muscat etc. To know about the different test cities and their centre codes visit the official website. Candidates should choose the centre wisely without making any mistake. The allotment of the examination centre for VITEEE Engineering Entrance Examination 2020 is solely based on the choices made by the candidates at the time of applying. The Board has the authority to change the selected exam centres without any excuses.
|State Name||Test City||Test City Code|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair||101|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu||138|
|Test City Code||Test City|
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has two campuses. About 360-acres of Eco-friendly campus with over 50.83 lakh sq.ft. built-up space at Vellore and about 170 acres of Eco-friendly campus at Chennai. You can visit any of its campuses to collect and further submit the VIT EEE 2020 application form.
Vellore – 632014
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: 0416-220 2157/ 2168
Vellore Institute of Technology,
Vandalur – Kelambakkam Road, Chennai,
Tamil Nadu- 600 127, India
Phone: 044 3993 1555
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ,s)
Q. What is the last date to apply for VITEEE 2020?
A. Earlier, the last date to apply for VITEEE 2020 was Feb 22. But now, the university has extended the last date to fill the VITEEE 2020 application form. New dates will be announced soon.
Q. Does VIT accept JEE Main score?
A. VIT conducting your own entrance exam and it doesn’t take admissions on the basis of JEE Mains.
Q. I had applied for VITEEE 2020, when can I download my Admit Card?
A. As per the earlier schedule, VITEEE 2020 admit card was expected to be available from the last week of march but now the dates have been rescheduled and the new dates will be announced soon.
Q. What is the exam dates for VITEEE 2020?
A. VITEEE 2020 has been rescheduled, The exam will be conducted on July 29-August 2.
Q. When will be the VITEEE 2020 result declared?
A. VITEEE 2020 result date has been rescheduled, new dates will be announced soon.
Q. Can I get admission in VIT without VITEEE?
A. Yes, you can take admission according to 12th percentage
Q. What is the cut off for VITEEE?
A. The first 20,000 rank holders were called for Phase-1 counselling in 2019. students who score 115 and above marks those rank between 1-300.
Q. How many seats are there in VIT Vellore?
A. VIT seats offered every year are around 5000.
Q. Can I get direct admission in VIT?
A. Yes, you can get admission according to your 12th marks.
Q. Is there any management quota in VIT Vellore?
Q. How do I apply for VIT?
A. One can apply to VITEEE 2020 In both online and offline mode. Let’s discuss both.
Online mode: To apply for VITEEE 2020 one have to visit the official website of VITEEE 2020 and apply online. After Filling up the detailed application form with all the Information asked and paying a sum of Rs.1,150/-, a unique registration ID will be created which will confirm our application acceptance at VIT.
Offline mode: The best Mode to apply for VITEEE 2020 is online as it’s quick and secure. Meanwhile, if you find it difficult to apply online. You can visit any of the registered Post Office (To see the list of Post offices registered, visit the official website of VIT) or its campus (Vellore or Chennai) to collect your application form after paying the requisite amount. The duly filled application form can then be submitted back or send to the respective campus. The offline payment of Application form is Rs.1200/- only.
Q. How many students are appearing in the VITEEE 2020 Exam?
A. Around 3 lakhs students appear in VITEEE exam.
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻Never let yourself down😊😊
👉🏻Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
For further VITEEE Entrance Exams related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Application Form 2020
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.