VIT University was established in the year 1984 as a self-financing institution called the Vellore Engineering College. The University persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher and professional education in India. The university welcomes its Students from all across the globe with well known National and Foreign faculty, flexible and dynamic curriculum and exciting research/global connections. The article will give you detailed info on the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE 2019).
The University has signed a number of MOU’s with National and International Universities which provides students and Faculty Exchange Programs and also Encourage joint research projects. Every year VIT University conducts its own Entrance test for admission in B. Tech programs called the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination or VITEEE. It is a Computer Based Test (CBT) to be held in various cities across all India, in which questions will be based on XI and XII syllabus with options to attempt papers in either Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB).
- 1 VIT Engineering Entrance Examination
- 1.1 VITEEE 2019 Exam Dates
- 1.2 Why choose VIT Univesity
- 1.3 A pattern of VITEEE 2019
- 1.4 Basic Guideline of VITEEE 2019
- 1.5 Program Eligibility
- 1.6 Admission Procedure
- 1.7 Books For VITEEE 2019
- 1.8 VITEEE 2019 Sample Paper
- 1.9 Fees for VITEEE 2019
- 1.10 How to apply for VITEEE 2019
- 1.11 VIT Campus
- 1.12 VITEEE 2019 Test centers:
- 1.13 Admission Guideline
VIT Engineering Entrance Examination
VITEEE 2019 Exam Dates
|Application Form Availability||November 1, 2018|
|Last date to edit the online application||March 18, 2019|
|Slot Booking Starts||March 18 – 22 2019|
|Admit Card Availability||March 18 – 22, 2019|
|Date of Exam||April 10 to 21, 2019|
|Result Declaration||April 27, 2019|
|Counselling Started||2nd & 3rd week of May 2019|
Why choose VIT Univesity
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of VIT University which will try to give you the answer to the question Why to choose VIT University.
- Recently the University has been ranked as the Best Private Engineering College in India by the Ranking Conducted by Ministry of HRD, New Delhi.
- The University has been re-accredited with an ‘A’ grade by ‘NAAC’.
- VIT University is approved by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India in Category ‘A’.
- The institution offers a wide range of career options to choose from. Currently, the college offering almost 19 Undergraduate, 34 Postgraduate, 2 Integrated and 4 Research Programs.
- The University offers a mixed cosmopolitan ambiance spread across 360-acre of Eco-friendly campus with over 50.83 lakh sq.ft. built-up space at Vellore and about 170 acres of Eco-friendly campus at Chennai.
- The University strongly promote and encourage the Gender Equivalency. With Over 24,000 students the college nearly has 1/3rd of them are women.
- VIT is truly an international University by its Faculty, programs and by students itself. VIT have students from 50 countries as well as from every state in India.
- The University signed Different MOU’s with the Institution all across the globe for students and Faculty exchange programs as a result, the University has Over 1400 national and International faculty and almost 1400 staffs to provide the students with the best possible outcome.
- The University has almost 100% Placement assistance. The university has been accredited by TCS, Wipro, and Cognizant for academic collaboration and placements.
- It was the Popularity of VIT that the year 2014 saw Over 1,93,000 applicants for the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE 2019).
So if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about the VIT EEE 2019.
A pattern of VITEEE 2019
Let us first have a brief look at the subject matter and pattern of VIT EEE 2019.
|Subject||Total No of Questions|
Basic Guideline of VITEEE 2019
- The exam is Online and will consist of Objective type Multiple Choice Question (MCQ). Each MCQ has one choice as the correct answer out of the four given.
- A total number of questions in one set of paper will be 125 (PCM+E) and 125 (PCB+E). The total time limit is 2: 30 Hours.
- All the questions will be based on the difficulty level of class 12th standard.
- Exam will be conducted 3 sessions per day: I session – 9.00 am – 11.30 am / II session – 12.30 pm – 3 .00 pm / III session – 4.00 pm – 6 .30 pm.
- There is no negative marking for the wrong answer. One has to clear the Cutoff made by the University itself to take admission in any of the Program offered by VIT.
- Candidate appearing in PCM+E is eligible for all the B.Tech. Engineering programs offered at VIT
whereas those who opt PCB is eligible for only the B.Tech. Bio-stream Engineering programs.
(1) Nationality & Age:
- All the Resident Indian, Non-Resident Indian (NRI), holder of PIO or OCI card issued by Government of India are eligible to apply for VIT EEE.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2019
(2) VIT EEE 2019 Educational Qualification:
- To apply for VIT EEE 2019
- candidates must have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the Higher Secondary qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State.
- Those who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education or studying in NIOS are also eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2019.
Only those Candidates who have passed the above qualifying examination by clearing the cutoff will be invited for central counseling session based on the score obtained in VIT EEE 2019. Candidates can choose their preferred specialization/branch of study in a particular campus based on
- The cut-off score for the specified specialization/branch
- Fulfilling the program-specific eligibility criteria for a particular campus and
- Subject to the availability of seats at that point in time.
- After the selection of specialization/branch, full tuition fees and other applicable fees have to be paid at the time of counseling.
Books For VITEEE 2019
The VITEEE 2019 Exam is is a Computer Based Test (CBT) to be held in various cities across all India, in which questions will be based on XI and XII syllabus with options to attempt papers in either Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB). According to some of the previous toppers of VITEEE, 6 months of dedicated studies and these Highly Recommended books for VITEEE Entrance Exam is what you need to score great in the BCECE Examination.
VITEEE 2019 Sample Paper
Students can solve previous year question papers and sample papers to get updated with the latest trend of VITEEE. Previous year question paper will help you to get updated with the latest syllabus of VITEEE and Expected questions to be asked in VITEEE Question paper. It will help you to score well in VITEEE 2019 Entrance Examination.
Check VITEEE Sample paper for more detail.
Fees for VITEEE 2019
- Cost of OMR Application Form: Rs 1200/- only
- Cost of Online Application Form: Rs 1150/- only
How to apply for VITEEE 2019
One can apply to VIT EEE 2019 In both online and offline mode. Let’s discuss both.
To apply for VIT EEE 2019 one have to visit the official website https://vit.ac.in/btechadmissions/viteee2019 and apply online. After Filling up the detailed application form with all the Information asked and paying a sum of Rs 970/-, a unique registration ID will be created which will confirm our application acceptance at VIT.
The best Mode to apply for VIT EEE 2019 is online itself as its quick and secure. Meanwhile, if you find it difficult to apply online. You can visit any of the registered Post Office (To see the list of Post offices registered, visit the official website of VIT) or its campus (Vellore or Chennai) to collect your application form after paying the requisite amount. The duly filled application form can then be submitted back or send to the respective campus.
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has two campuses. About 360-acres of Eco-friendly campus with over 50.83 lakh sq.ft. built-up space at Vellore and about 170 acres of Eco-friendly campus at Chennai. You can visit any of its campuses to collect and further submit the VIT EEE 2019 application form.
Vellore – 632014
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: 0416-220 2157/ 2168
Email: [email protected]
Vellore Institute of Technology,
Vandalur – Kelambakkam Road, Chennai,
Tamil Nadu- 600 127, India
Phone: 044 3993 1555
Email: [email protected]
VITEEE 2019 Test centers:
VIT has its test centers all across the globe. It has almost 210 test centers and 3 international test center at Dubai, Kuwait, Muscat. To know about the different test cities and their center codes visit the official website.
|State||Test City Code||Test City|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||101||Port Blair|
|Arunachal Pradesh||114||Ita Nagar|
|Jammu and Kashmir||138||Jammu|
|Test City Code||Test City|
if you feel any type of problem while filling up the form or queries related to VIT EEE 2019, please feel free to contact its admission guideline cell.
Director – UG Admissions
Office of Admissions, VIT University,
Vellore – 632014, Tamil Nadu, India.
HELP LINE NUMBER – 0416-330 5555 [ DAY : MONDAY TO FRIDAY / TIMINGS : 9.00 am to 6.00 pm ]
Phone : + 91-416-220 2157, 220 2168
Fax : +91-416-224 5544, 224 0411
Email : [email protected]