Attention Aspirants, the Public Service Commission Board of West Bengal has recently advertised a notification to fill the application form for the nest West Bengal Civil Service Examination 2020. The advertisement is made to fill different executive-level jobs employed under the Government of West Bengal. Throughout the article, we will discuss the WBCS Eligibility Criteria 2020. Get updated information on Age, Nationality, Reservation and Educational Qualification before filling up the form of WBCS 2020.
As an Executive with West Bengal Service Commission, you will have the opportunity to work directly for the national growth. All these features make the job a lifetime opportunity for all the applying candidate. If you too willing to work as a WBCS officer then read the entire article about West Bengal Civil Service Eligibility Criteria very carefully.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to KVS PGT 2020 Recruitment Notification.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
|Cut-Off||Q & A||Job Profile|
WBCS 2020 Notification
Before we speak about the Date, Selection Procedure and other related information, let us check the basic details for the prestigious Exam.
Brief Description of the Job
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Public Service Commission (WB-PSC)|
|Name of the Exam||West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2020|
|Online Application Starts From||5th November 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||25th November 2019|
|Written Exam Date (Prelims)||9th February 2020|
|Application Fee||General/OBC – Rs. 210/- |
SC/ST/PWD/Ex-SM – NIL
|How to apply||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Number of Vacancies||Not declared|
|Job Posting||Anywhere in West Bengal|
|Job Profile||Executive (Grade A, B, C, D)|
Before we speak about Job Profile for West Bengal Civil Servants, let us first have a look at the basic details about this very prestigious exam.
WBCS Eligibility Criteria 2020
To appear for the West Bengal civil service examination one should have all these important eligibility criteria. A candidate should verify the notified rules that he/she is eligible for admission to the examination. Keep in mind that the conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed.
WBCS 2020 Educational Qualification
- A degree from a recognized University.
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali).
- The date of passing eligibility will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University/ Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/ Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing.
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA/OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into a percentage and indicated in the online application. If called for document verification, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating the norms of the University regarding the conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks by the candidates in terms of norms.
- Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all the semester(s)/year(s) by aggregating maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional/ additional optional subject if any. This will be applicable to those Universities also where Class/Grade is decided on the basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 49.99% will be treated as less than 50%.
- Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age Criteria for West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2020
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 32 years
|**SC/ST (Only from West Bengal)||5 Years|
|PwD||up to 45 Years|
- For the West Bengal Police Service only (i.e. Group “B” Service) age not below 20 years but not more than 32 years on the 1st January of the year of examination.
- The candidate must have good health and character and suitability in all respects for appointment to Government service.
- Do keep in mind that the S.C./S.T./O.B.C. candidates of other States shall be treated as general candidates.
Caste Criteria WBCS 2020 exam:
- Candidate’s seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC shall have to produce a certificate in the prescribed proforma ONLY, meant for appointment to posts under the Government of India from the designated authority indicating clearly the candidate’s case, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognised as SC/ST/OBC and the Village/Town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of. They must also ensure that the name of their caste/community and its spelling in their caste/community certificate should be exactly as mentioned in the lists notified by the central government from time to time (for OBC category list of castes recognized by the Govt. of India as OBC castes in the central list is available on the site www.ncbc.nic.in, for ST category the list caste for each state is available on the site www.ncst.nic.in and for SC category the list of castes for each state is available on the site www.socialjustice.nic.in). A certificate containing any variation in the caste name will not be accepted. Further, the OBC certificate should also clearly indicate that the candidate does not belong to the creamy layer as defined by the Government of India for applying to posts and services under the Central Government.
- The OBC claim of a candidate will be determined in relation to the State (or part of the State) to which his/her father originally belongs. A candidate who has migrated from one State (or part of the State) to another should, therefore, produce an OBC certificate which should have been issued to him/her based on his/her father’s OBC certificate from the State to which he (father) originally belongs.
- No change in the community status already indicated in the online application by a candidate for this examination will be allowed.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of document verification.
For any Query related to WBCS notification 2020, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the civil service examination.
- UPSC Civil Services Prelims syllabus/ Exam Pattern/ Elementary Resources.
- Download NCERT Books for Competitive Exams in PDF (Free)
Best of Luck Aspirants!