West Bengal Civil Service (Executive Cadre) Job is one of the most demanding jobs in India. WBCS executives are responsible for the accountability and maintenance of Office Administration, Social Welfare and to cooperate administrative works through active participation. As an Executive with West Bengal Service Commission, you will have the opportunity to work directly for the national growth. All these features make the job a lifetime opportunity for all the applying candidate.
If you too willing to work as a WBCS officer then keep in mind that the notification for filling up of WBCS 2020 application form has been released. Throughout the article, every aspect related to WBCS Salary, Job Profile and other allowances will be discussed.
As the notification for the WBCS 2020 has just been published, aspirants are starting their conversation about How much the job will pay us? and what are the benefits and allowances of the job like questions? This article will let you know about the WBCS Salary, Job Profile, Promotion and other allowances granted to an employee working as a West Bengal Civil Service cadet.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to KVS PGT 2020 Recruitment Notification.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
|Cut-Off||Q & A||Job Profile|
WBCS 2020 Notification
Before we speak about the Date, Selection Procedure and other related information, let us check the basic details for the prestigious Exam.
Brief Description of the Job
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Public Service Commission (WB-PSC)|
|Name of the Exam||West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2020|
|Online Application Starts From||5th November 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||25th November 2019|
|Written Exam Date (Prelims)||9th February 2020|
|Application Fee||General/OBC – Rs. 210/- |
SC/ST/PWD/Ex-SM – NIL
|How to apply||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Number of Vacancies||Not declared|
|Job Posting||Anywhere in West Bengal|
|Job Profile||Executive (Grade A, B, C, D)|
WBCS Executive Job Profile
A West Bengal Civil Servant is responsible for ensuring administrative stability in the state by helping in various administrative works of the state. They are also responsible to verify all the others working directly or indirectly contribute to the state growth. The job profile of a WBCS Executive Assistant can be defined in the following way.
- Administration: You may contribute to administrative works of the state like checking files, papers etc related to latest Government Orders.
- Work for Developmental and Social Welfare: As an upper-level entity your work would be to implement all the orders related to state development. One has to actively participate in works that cause deep Social impact and welfare development.
- Maintaining Peace and Integrity: As a supreme administrator, your work is to restore peoples faith in police administration. You have to maintain peace and harmony by challenging and eradicating works that cause a rise in the social disturbance.
Apart from the above-mentioned jobs, you may also be subjected to do any administrative work scheduled to a specific task.
Promotion and Career Growth of a WBCS Executive
Promotion and career growth are the two most important factors that decide on a Job profile. Being an executive with the state civil service, you will have ample chance to prove your worth and get promoted to higher ranks. You can get a promotion to higher rank either via routine promotion(merit-based) or via promotion examination (on the basis of his experience and seniority in the services, he/she will be selected as Officer.)
Generally, there are these two processes through which an Assistant get promoted to a Grade “A” officer.
- Promotion examination: The Employee can seat for the promotional test (WBCS Exam) to get qualify for higher ranks.
- Routine Promotion (Merit-based): After a fixed year of service tenure (may vary according to the job profile) as an assistant, one can apply for higher ranks jobs.
Post Offered by WBCS Salary with PayScale
As per the notification, The W.B.C.S. (Exe.) etc Examination is to be treated as a combined Competitive Examination for all the four groups (A, B, C, D) of services and posts as detailed below.
WBCS Group–A Jobs
|1.||West Bengal Civil Service (Executive)||(PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
|2.||West Bengal Commercial Tax Service||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
|3.||West Bengal Agricultural Income-tax Service||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
|4.||West Bengal Excise Service||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
|5.||West Bengal Co-operative Service||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
|6.||West Bengal labour Service||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
|7.||West Bengal Food and Supplies Service||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
|8.||West Bengal Employment Service [Except the post of Employment Officer (Technical)||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-)|
|9.||West Bengal Registration and Stamp Revenue Service:||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
WBCS Group–B Jobs
|1.||West Bengal Police Service:||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
Group–C jobs of WBCS
|1.||Joint Block Development Officer||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-|
|2.||Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-|
|3.||West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-|
|4.||Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation)||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,400/-|
|5.||West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade-I||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-|
|6.||Assistant Commercial Tax Officer||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-|
|7.||Chief Controller of Correctional Services||( PB-3) Rs.7, 100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-|
WBCS Group–D Jobs
|1.||Inspector of Co-operative Societies||( PB-3) Rs.7, 100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-|
|2.||Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development Department||( PB-3) Rs.7, 100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-|
|3.||Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department||(PB-3) Rs.7,100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-|
Note: For all the services and posts included in the above four groups with the PayScale as above, allowances will also be admissible as per Government orders in force. To know and Download the revised pay scale and salary of a WBCS Servant, you may Click Here.
WBCS Executives & Assistant Perks and allowances
If you have checked the job profile and other useful information regarding the WBCS Exe, then it is time to check some of the other allowances that WBCS gives to its employee.
- Working Days: There are no specific holidays assigned to WBCS Servants and they need to report to their work as required but you may take casual leaves if required.
- Free Accommodation: Apart from its handsome salary and perks, WBCS also gives its staff self-maintained quarters. You may also get a house loan with the bare minimum interest rate.
- Loans and other facilities: Working with State service commission have so many benefits that we can’t even count many of them. You may also get various loans, Scholarship and other financial aids with a bare minimum interest rate. All of these makes this job a very promising place to work in.
For any Query related to WBCS notification 2020, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the civil service examination.
- UPSC Civil Services Prelims syllabus/ Exam Pattern/ Elementary Resources.
- Download NCERT Books for Competitive Exams in PDF (Free)
Best of Luck Aspirants!