WBJEE 2018: Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Dates, Cutoff etc.
WBJEE 2018 is one of the most popular State Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board, Kolkata in the month of May/June. Successful candidates of WBJEE 2018 will be eligible to apply for different Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy and other Courses offered by different government and private Engineering colleges in West Bengal.
Every year Thousands of aspirants appears for WBJEE Exam to get admission in various Undergraduate/postgraduate professional Courses offered by State level Engineering Institution. This year WBJEE 2018 Application Form will be available from 5th of January 2018 and the Examination will be held on 23 April 2018.
- 1 Why choose WBJEE
- 2 Eligibility Criteria
- 3 WBJEE 2018 Exam Pattern
- 4 WBJEE 2018 Syllabus & Recommended Books
- 5 Application Form
- 6 WBJEE 2018 Admit Card
- 7 Result
- 8 Cutoff
- 9 Counselling
- 10 Exam Centres
- 11 Important Dates
- 12 Contact Information
Why choose WBJEE
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of WBJEE 2018 which will try to give you the answer to the question Why to choose WBJEE.
- WBJEE 2018 scorecard is the mandatory requirement for the admission in one of the Top Ranked University in India, Jadavpur University.
- The Jadavpur University has been recently ranked 5th in Top 100 Best Universities in India and Ranked 9 in Top 100 Engineering Colleges in India in NIRF Ranking Parameters 2018.
- WBJEE Scorecard is accepted by more than 200+ State and privately run engineering colleges in West Bengal.
So if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about WBJEE 2018. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of WBJEE 2018.
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on WBJEE 2018 Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or Not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions of WBJEE is given below:
Candidate applying for WBJEE must be citizens of India.
- The Minimum age limit: 17 years on December 31, 2018.
- Maximum Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for admissions to all B.Tech programmes (except B.Tech in Marine Engineering).
- For B.Tech Programme in Marine Engineering, the candidates must be minimum 17 years of age as on December 31, 2018, while the maximum age limit is 25 years as on December 31, 2018.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying exam, class XII in 2018 are also eligible to apply for WBJEE 2018.
- Aspirants of WBJEE 2018 should be residents of West Bengal for 10 years consecutively, as on December 31, 2016.
- Candidates’ parents must be permanent residents of West Bengal having a permanent residential address in the state.
- For General category: Minimum 45% aggregate marks in class XII or equivalent exam.
- SC/ST/PWD Category: Minimum 40% aggregate marks in class XII or equivalent exam.
Note: A candidate must have passed class XII or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science/Computer Application as compulsory subjects.
WBJEE 2018 Exam Pattern
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2018 – The exam pattern of WBJEE 2018 specifies about various aspects of the entrance exam like marking scheme, type of questions, time duration, the total number of questions, subjects, sections, etc.
Each subject (Physics, Chemistry, Math) asked in WBJEE 2018 is divided into 3 categories.
|Category 1||Category 2||Category 3||Total Questions||Marks|
|30 Q x 1 M||5 Q x 2 M||5 Q x 2 M||40||50|
|30 Q x 1 M||5 Q x 2 M||5 Q x 2 M||40||50|
|50 Q x 1 M||15 Q x 2M||10 Q x 2 M||75||100|
- The time duration of WBJEE 2018: 2 hours for Math/ 2 Hours for Physics and Chemistry (with break)
- Type of questions: Objective in nature
- Total number of questions: 155
- Sections: 3 sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (40,40,75 questions in Section)
Schedule of Exam
- Maths: 23rd April 2018 (11:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.)
- Physics & Chemistry: 23rd April, 2018 (2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m)
WBJEE 2018 Syllabus & Recommended Books
The WBJEE Exam is consist of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM). The question paper asked in WBJEE 2018 will be based on the syllabus of Intermediate (10+2/equivalent). The WBJEE Syllabus 2018 consist of the following subjects.
- WBJEE Physics Syllabus 2018 & Best Books
- WBJEE Chemistry Syllabus 2018 & Best Books
- WBJEE Mathematics Syllabus 2018 & Best Books
WBJEE Application Form 2018 will be available online tentatively from the 1st week of January 2018 (5th January) until the 4th February 2018. Candidates have to register themselves, fill the application form and pay the prescribed application fee of WBJEE 2018. Candidates are advised to keep a printout of the filled in application form for all future references.
How to Apply?
To apply for WBJEE 2018, Candidates can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of WBJEE.
- Click on the link “Apply for WBJEE 2018”.
- Fill the required details such as pre exam academic qualification, personal mailing detail, Personal and guardian details, etc.
- Upload the scanned images one by one in the prescribed specifications.
- Go to the payment gateway section and pay the application fee through debit/credit card or e-challan of Canara/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI etc Bank.
- Candidates are advised that after fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
Payment for WBJEE Application Form can be done in both online or offline mode. The Board will not accept any application form without prescribed application fees (For Engineering).
- Online Payment: Rs. 500
- Offline Payment: Rs. 500 + Bank Service Charges
Application Form Correction
While filling up the application form, Candidates are advised to take ought most care, but if accidently you made any mistake that differs from the actual data can make the correction after a prescribed time period.
- The WBJEE 2018 correction window will be open for two days in the second week of February 2018(From February 6 to February 8).
- This will be the last chance to make corrections in the WBJEE 2018 application form so candidates are advised to make corrections carefully.
WBJEE 2018 Admit Card
WBJEE admit card 2018 will be issued to all the students from 10th April 2018.The mode of issuing the admit card will be online only and one has to login into the official website of WBJEE to download the Admit Card. Candidates have to enter their Registration ID and other mandatory Credential Like DOB, NAME, Security Pin etc to download their admit card. Candidates are advised to preserve the admit card until the time when admission process gets over. Without WBJEE 2018 admit card, no candidate will be allowed to enter the exam centre.
The Examination Authority will publish WBJEE result 2018 on its official website. The expected date for WBJEE 2018 result announcement is made on 5th of June 2018.Through WBJEE 2018 result, the candidates can check their correct and incorrect answers with the score. They can also check and print their WBJEE 2018 score report after the completion of the test.
The WBJEE cutoff 2018 is the minimum marks prescribed by the board for the selection of students. Merit list, including the rank of candidates, will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for WBJEE 2018 need to clear the Cutoff to finally get selected in different courses offered by State level Engineering Colleges. WBJEE 2018 Cutoff will be based on various parameters like numbers of appearing candidates, total numbers of seats, the difficulty level of the examination, and last year admission record.
WBJEE Cutoff Trend
Opening and Closing Rank of top 5 colleges under WBJEE 2016
|College Name||General Category|
|Opening rank||Closing rank|
|Bengal Engineering and Technology||832||43037|
|Institute of Engineering and Management||21||3596|
|Kalyani government engineering college||370||2528|
|Heritage Institute of Technology||574||11495|
- The Cutoff score for various participating institutes will be declared independently.
- Merit List will be prepared after the declaration of the cutoff marks.
- Selected Candidate will have to go through Counselling process for admissions.
Only those Candidates who have passed the above qualifying examination by clearing the cutoff will be considered for admission. Successful candidates will be invited for central counselling session based on the score obtained in WBJEE 2018. Candidates can choose their preferred specialisation/branch of study in the particular campus based on
- The cut-off score for the specified specialisation/branch
- Fulfilling the program-specific eligibility criteria for a particular campus and
- Subject to the availability of seats at that point in time.
There is more than 20 Exam centres is assigned where a candidate appearing for WBJEE 2018 can give the entrance test. A Candidate is advised to choose the centre wisely without making any mistake as the chosen centre will not be changed in the later stage. The allotment of the examination centre for WBJEE 2018 is solely based on the choices made by the candidates at the time of applying. WBJEE Board has the authority to change the selected exam centres without any excuses.
Exam Centres in West Bengal
|4||Burdwan||Bardhaman, Durgapur, Asansol|
|9||Hooghly||Bandel-Chinsurah, Srirampur, Arambagh|
|10||Howrah||Uluberia, Ball-Uttarpara, Central-Shibpur, Domjur|
|12||Kolkata||Kol-Central, Kol-South, Kol -North|
|15||Medinipur Paschim||Kharagpur, Medinipur, Jhargram, Garbeta|
|16||Medinipur Purbo||Tamluk, Haldia, Contai|
|17||Murshidabad||Berhampur, Jiaganj, Raghunathganj|
|20||24 Pgs North||Barrackpur-Barasat, Habra, Basirhat|
|21||24 Pgs South||Diamond-Harbour, Jainagar, Sonarpur-Bariupur|
Exam Centres Outside West Bengal
Candidates applying for the WBJEE 2018 exam needs to check these important dates related to WBJEE. The given dates are officially announced.
Here candidates can get the official schedule of WBJEE 2018.Schedule
|Availability of Information Brochure||18th November 2018|
|Online Application Form Starts||19th December 2018|
|Last date of online form fill-up including payment||19th January 2018|
|Last date of downloading confirmation page||28th January 2018|
|Correction Window Open||25th January to 28th January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||10th April 2018|
|Date of Exam||22nd April 2018|
|Paper-I (Mathematics)||11:00 AM to 1.00 PM|
|Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry)||2:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
|Result Publication||5th June 2018|
In the case of any irregularities, a candidate is advised to visit the Examination board to get further assistance.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City,
Toll-Free No.:1800 345 0050
Phone :(033) 23671198/1199/1159/1148
Email: [email protected]