Journalism is basically the act of writing for the magazine, print media, news website, blog, newspaper, or create/prepare news for the telecast. We say that it is a production or distribution of current events. It’s a method of gathering information or get informed to the people. The medium is used in journalism included print, radio, Internet, television, blog, and another news resource. We say that journalism plays important role in production and changes in society. Throughout this article, every aspect related to Career in Journalism in India will be discussed. Read depth info on Courses, Scope, Salary and different institutions in India to pursue the course.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
The principal of Journalism.
Journalism has a number of forms and styles developed and explain the events that impact our lives. The principal of Journalism are;
- Investigative; Investigative Journalism is basically based on investigating the truth about a particular subject, person, or event. This journalism based on verification and accurate presentation of facts.
- News; News journalism is elementary. News stories lack the depth of the questioning raise of an investigative story.
- Reviews; Reviews are partially demand and partially reality based. It needs to achieve two things: 1st is precisely described or recognize the subject being reviewed.
- Feature Writing; Feature Writing gives the opportunity to provide scope, depth, and evaluation of style, vogue, events, topics or people. Feature writing commonly wins distinguished awards when it manages to achieve this.
A student may take a career in Journalism if writing or communicating peoples enthrals you. One has to learn about radio and television production techniques. If you are interested in making a career in journalism then these below-mentioned skills may help you to achieve your endeavour.
- Good writing, editing and research skills
- Computer skills
- Interviewing skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Will to travel a lot
- Interest in politics and social justice
- Leadership and team working skills
- Will to take risks
- Expressing ideas and opinion.
A career in Journalism (Courses).
In journalism, journalists which represent as reporters and columnist have to take bachelor’s degree in communications or journalism. In journalism, you have progression in editing, reporting, feature writing, photojournalism and communications. Supplementary coursework is committed by whether a student focused on print or broadcast journalism. Some are concentrating on online media like web design skill and also how to combine text with graphics, photo and video media. While completing your degree, you have decided in which field you want to career either print or broadcast journalism. Here is some of the Journalism course one may opt for a career in Journalism in India.
|1.||BA in Journalism||3 Years undergraduate degree program|
|2.||BA in Journalism and Mass Communication||3 Years undergraduate degree program|
|3.||Bachelor of Journalism||3 Years undergraduate degree program|
|4.||Bachelor of Mass Media and Journalism||3 Years undergraduate degree program|
|5.||Bachelor of Communication and Journalism||3 Years undergraduate degree program|
|6.||B.Sc. in Journalism and Mass Communication||3 Years undergraduate degree program|
|7.||BA in Media and Communication||3 Years undergraduate degree program|
|8.||BA in Media Studies||3 Years undergraduate degree program|
|9.||BA in Mass Communication||3 Years undergraduate degree program|
|10.||Bachelor of Mass Media||3 Years undergraduate degree program|
|11.||BBA in Mass Communication and Journalism||3 Years undergraduate degree program|
|12.||Diploma in Journalism||1 Year long Diploma program|
Scopes & Career Options.
In journalism, you have needed a bachelor’s degree in journalism or communication. If you want to go in journalism you have need degree in print journalism or if want to choose a field of communication you need a degree in broadcast journalism. In journalism you need work experience, for the experience, you do intern from a media outlet, which is important to getting you secure a job in this field, In the present time which has become more competitive. For making a career in journalism we need work experience. For making a career in journalism with smaller productivity and telecast networks, usually as general task reporters assigned to the news that is relevant to that outlet’s audience. After getting experience in reporting, many journalists go on to become editors, producers, supervising reporters and even station managers and publishers. Here are some of the career options for a journalist.
- Photo Journalist.
- Proof Reader.
- Feature Writer.
- Leader Writer.
- Correspondent/Special Reporter.
- Broadcast Reporters.
Salary in journalism:
In journalism, journalist minimum salary of Rs200000 to Rs500000 per year. In this job, people are not experienced more than 20 years. In India, a starter may get Rs10,000 to Rs20,000 and it will go on increasing with years like 30k, 40k, 50k, etc. Senior reporter after 10-12 years it may get 1-2 lakh salary or chief editor may get 5lakh or more than. But in journalism the thing is, even if you study in the best University and score may be in the 90s and but your experience is 0 you can earn maybe 6,000 to 10,000per month. We say that experience is important than a percentage. Marks doesn’t matter in journalism if your experience is null. Journalism is good for more interactive or experienced people.
Top Universities for Journalism in India:
In India, there are so many institutes in India. Student always wants to get admission into the top university in India. Following are top ten University in India are;
- IIMC (Indian Institute of Mass communication) Delhi
- XIC (Xavier’s Institute of Communication)
- ACJ (Asian College of Journalism)
- SIMC (Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication)
- AJKMCRC (AJ Kidwai Mass Communication Research Centre)
- MICA (Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad)
- IIJNM (Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore)
- Department of Journalism and Mass communication, BHU
- Department of Communication and Journalism, Pune
- Bharati Vidya Bhavan’s Sardar Patel College of Communication and Management, Delhi
In India, for making democratic society Journalism is an important component. Journalism is basically gathering and presenting news and information. It’s not only about gathering and telecast news it has to real and true. Journalism plays an important role in aware society from the new culture and gives information technology and good or bad face of society. It aware people black face of the society. It gives information to the student about the subject and different platform which is helpful for good future of society. Now a time in journalism they presented in many different ways, including articles, reports, podcasts, or even tweets.
- Career & Courses after class 12th Science
- What after Class 12th Arts: Expert suggestion
- Career and Courses after class 12th Commerce
Best of Luck..!!