Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women Delhi (IGDTUW Delhi) was Established in the year of 1998 by Government of NCT of Delhi. It was formerly known as Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology Delhi in short IGIT Delhi. In 1998 IGIT Delhi was affiliated to GGSIPU Delhi while in the year of 2013 it gained autonomy and became the first women’s technical university in India.
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women Delhi is located at the old campus of Delhi College of Engineering which is situated in Kashmiri Gate, New Delhi-110006.
About Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women Delhi (IGDTUW Delhi):
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- IGDTUW Delhi is recognized by AICTE New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women Delhi (IGDTUW Delhi) has been upgraded from Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology in May 2013 vide Delhi State Legislature Act 9, 2012, as a non-affiliating teaching and research University at Delhi to facilitate and promote studies, research, technology, innovation, incubation and extension work in emerging areas of professional education among women, with focus on engineering, technology, applied sciences, management and its allied areas with the objective to achieve excellence in these and related fields.
Facilities at IGDTUW Delhi:
- World class classrooms with the video-conferencing facility.
- Campus facilities include faculty and staff residences
- student hostels,
- cooperative mess and a sports complex
- The campus is divided into clusters of buildings.
- The academic area chiefly comprises the main building
- various departmental annexes.
- Hostel for Girls Only
- Medical Help
- Fests – Technical and Cultural
- Students’ Affairs Council
Courses offered by Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women
These are the courses offered IGDTU Delhi by B.Tech, B.Arch, M.Tech, MCA.
|Branch Name||Total Intake|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||60|
|Computer Science and Engineering||60|
|Mechanical and Automation Engineering||60|
Admission Details for Engineering courses:
- Eligibility Criteria A candidate passing any of the following examinations from a recognized School/College/Institute and securing 60 % or more marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and
Mathematics, and must have passed English as a subject of study of the Senior School Certificate Examination Level (Core or Elective) shall be eligible for admission to the first semester of Bachelor of Technology Course provided she has passed in each subject separately.
(i) Senior School Certificate Examination (12-year course) of the Central Board of Secondary Education (C.B.S.E.), New Delhi.
(ii) Indian School Certificate Examination (12-year course) of the Council for Indian School Certificate
Examination, New Delhi.
(iii) Any other examination recognized as equivalent to the Senior School Certificate Examination of the C.B.S.E.
Admission Procedure: The admission to B.Tech. Program will be based on All India Rank prepared by CBSE giving 40% weightage (suitably
normalized) to class XII (or equivalent examination) and 60% to the performance of JEE(Main) -2016 Examination Paper– 1 and also the candidate must be declared eligible for Central Counseling by the CBSE. The admission to B.Tech. program will be done through Joint Admission Counseling (jointly organized for DTU, NSIT, IIITD & IGDTUW). For more details refer to JAC website (http://www.jacdelhi.nic.in). 85% of the total seats are reserved for candidate belonging to Delhi Region (Students passing the qualifying examination from recognized Board / College / Institution located within the NCT of Delhi) and 15% of the total seats for candidates belonging to outside Delhi Region.
|S.No||Courses||Tuition Fees||Student Welfare Fees||Security||Total|
|3.||M. Tech (Full Time)||65000||5000||5000||75000|
|4.||M. Tech (Part Time)||75000||5000||80000|
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women Delhi (IGDTUW Delhi) is one of the Best Government Womens Engineering College in North India.
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women Delhi has well-established alumni Network. There are numbers of PSU’s, MNC’S visited the campus every year.
Rankings and Reputation:
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women Delhi ranked among the Top Engineering College in India by the various organization. Edufever College Ranking team gives 4.5 out of 5 rating.
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women
Kashmere Gate, Opp. St. James Church,
Phone: 011 2390 0220